1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Avoiding Paypal's Exchange Rate

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by odoreater, Jul 20, 2006.

1. mrchapel

mrchapel Well-Known Member

How much business do you do with paypal? Do you have the free account that they give you if you do less than $500 per month, or do you have the pay account that you have to use if you do more than $500 per month?

EDIT: Btw, there was some hyperbole involved in my statement - they probably don't charge money for all that, but I know that I pay a lot in fees every month when I do my ebay accounting. They definitely charge when you receive money and they definitely charge to transfer into a different currency.

I have a Business Account with them. And yes, you are charged for receiving and for transferring into a different currency irrespective of your account type.

2. pkincy

pkincy Well-Known Member

I checked the XE conversion for $ to pounds on the 13th and the conversion my (USAA) credit card charged me for my EG purchase and found only a 1.1% spread. That is OK with me.

Perry

3. odoreater

odoreater Well-Known Member

I checked the XE conversion for $ to pounds on the 13th and the conversion my (USAA) credit card charged me for my EG purchase and found only a 1.1% spread. That is OK with me.

Perry

That's not bad - less than what paypal charges.