• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tarlee

Reaction score
I went to the DFO on the Tulla Freeway for the first time today. Awful although I did manage to drop a bundle on herringbone lambswool scarves at Gant.

The RM Williams store has a pair of 10F burgundy calf Craftsman for $220. It looks like all the odd elastic sided boot are at that price. Most are yearling, some suede but not much in French calf. The F is a slim fit so 10 was a tad too small for me. I'm passing this on in the hope it will do a fellow Melbourne SFer some good. These were marked as seconds but they are perfect -- possibly MTO not collected.

If 10F is your size these are sensational value.

JohnsNotHere

Reaction score
Checked out Parker & Co today... little out of my price range but they have some really nice goods. I may pick up some accessories from them (they had some nice briggs umbrellas), but at suits starting from $2k plus and shirts $200 plus I'd go MTM instead for these.

Any Perth guys had any experience with Dass Australia Tailors?

jobro

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JohnsNotHere
Checked out Parker & Co today... little out of my price range but they have some really nice goods. I may pick up some accessories from them (they had some nice briggs umbrellas), but at suits starting from $2k plus and shirts $200 plus I'd go MTM instead for these.
You should check the outlet store on Murrey St, near King, the (bored) guy in there sometimes gives a nice discount. I went to the Joseph Anthony (anyone had any dealings with them?) shop-front in Claremont today to enquire about making up a summer sportcoat, however it was closed. Edit: I am looking for something like this kiton (which I found in P&Co. OUTLET for $6k.)
kiton_5155552761.jpg
just breaking $1k on e-haberdasher.

JohnsNotHere

Reaction score
Thanks jobro, I actually popped in there last week, and that old dude was bored (and boring). Even at outlet prices they're a bit too rich for me.

Thought I'd check out one of their main stores (the one off St Georges Terrace down some alley way).

$6K at the outlet *whistles*

Shops closed in Perth? Go figure

jobro

Reaction score
Perhaps Joseph Anthony got her majesty's birthdays confused.

Oleg

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Charlie's Wardrobe
Well done Wallabies!!!​

Nothing on the Socceroos? No comment at all? Not a peep?
devil.gif

mrbig

Reaction score
After a long-ish abscence; P&Co outlet shop DOES have sales; last time around almost picked up a very nice Cantarelli flannel suit, fully canvassed and all for $400....unfortunately the armhole height wasnt high enough for me so I didn't pull the trigger. Patience 'fellas....

Oleg

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Charlie's Wardrobe
Keeping quiet on that one mate. We could however discuss the Brit's goal keeping skills if you would like to?
fight[1].gif

I'm actually Scots: don't whether that gets me off the hook or gets me flack for our persistent crappiness.
Shoes working out marvelously, by the way: wearing them as I type.
smile.gif

Henry Carter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I guess you are off the hook then in that case. As for us, we'll we played rubbish, no more no less. But Germany are a very good team as well and I don't think anyone realistically thought we would win anyway.(except for everyone in the Sydney pub I was in at 3.30am before the game started).

Glad to hear the shoes are going well, still haven't replaced them as yet but they are really putting a void in the collection.

jaypee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damn Socceroos.. Here's hoping we improve in the next two games.. I think they have as much hope as our Wallaby front row
frown.gif
PS. Again, anyone who wants to view the Baa Baas game V England tonight - http://www.foxsports.com.au/livestream I went to that Yensen sale on a couple of weeks back and he explained all these changes that were happening. I also picked up 4 shirts which for the price im quite happy with. Lovely gent also, very helpful and willing to have a chat to those at the sale.

TheWraith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If Verbeek changes our tactics and lineup, we have a good chance against both Ghana and Serbia, both of whom underwhelmed in their match.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics