1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Australian Members

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by earthdragon, Nov 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tobiasj

tobiasj Well-Known Member

+1 on the forest green twill

2. joiji

joiji Well-Known Member

Start of a new school term, and my third teaching practical: (My first WAYWRN post, please be gentle [​IMG]) (Also need to get my DSLR out I think. Colours from the iPhone are abysmal.)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Gerry Nelson

Gerry Nelson Well-Known Member

Nicely turned out, joiji! Are you wearing a jacket as well or just the scarf over the jumper?

4. Geoffrey Firmin

Geoffrey Firmin Well-Known Member

Did they have a secret hand shake to go with the ensemble?

And while on the 70's I was at a web conference at the AWM and saw a bloke, mid twenties, this afternoon wearing denim flares? WTF!

5. tobiasj

Hey did anyone see an ad in the paper today for a Holland & Sherry pop-up store in Melbourne? Think it was in The Age today...

6. blahman

blahman Well-Known Member

^^ He probably into the whole retro thing. There is this guy at work here who on casual fridays rock the 80s.

7. fox81

fox81 Well-Known Member

no, can someone scan and post it? what were the details?

Last edited: Apr 23, 2012
  8. California Dreamer

California Dreamer Well-Known Member

Finally succumbed at the DJs sale and extended my cufflinks collection.

Double-sided pink MOP on sterling silver mounts - $43.

[​IMG]

9. fxh

fxh Well-Known Member

I'm with the Mighty Blahman here on the tie. The wombat symbol. Eats, roots, shoots and leaves.

My personal preference is just the simple slogan on the front:: Sockless & Cockless.

10. tobiasj

I noticed it in the paper this morning and then completely forgot about it until after work. It was advertising a pop-up sale store located up the Southern Cross end of town, and the ad had sale prices on suits, jackets and other stuff.

Does anyone still have today's Age? It may have been in the Business section...

11. aKula

aKula Well-Known Member

Here it is.
    [​IMG]

12. Jimbosaurus

Jimbosaurus Well-Known Member

Strange ad. It doesn't really say who they are only that they have holland and sherry and vitale barberis canonico.

The pricing seems VERY similar to Strickland & Sons sale prices. They've also had stock clearance sales going for a while now so I suspect it's them.

13. fox81

fox81 Well-Known Member

interesting, thanks for posting.

i take it that it will just be random clothing, some made from holland and sherry or VBC fabric.

i will try and take a look none the less

14. RemyMichel

RemyMichel Well-Known Member

Guys,

I really want to get rid of these Loake 1880's size 9.5 UK preferably to a good home, so I'm offering these to aussie members only at $60 + plus shipping (though i will meet in Melbourne's CBD perhaps even over coffee to hand them to you :) )

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Worn maybe 5 times

Measurements taken from outer-sole: 11cmW, 30.8 cmL

They are in great shape with only minor wear with a few scratches but all in all they have been worn very little

Surely these $350+ (yes Aussie retail) shoes will be snapped up. Let me know if you have any questions

PM me if interested

15. RemyMichel

Sorry to once again be posting these in the Aussie thread last time ill be doing this! Very sorry!

16. RemyMichel

I tried on a green cardigan that i love from their range this year, thinking it might be a goer!

Unfortunately I couldn't find it on their site to share

17. joiji

joiji Well-Known Member

Just the jumper, I have yet to start a collection of jackets outside of a charcoal suit. I'll be getting my camera tomorrow and taking decent photos from this point onward, albeit of my small clothing collection.

18. Selvaggio

Selvaggio Well-Known Member

It is a sign. It may be the dawning of the age of Aquarius.

19. Henry Carter

Henry Carter Well-Known Member

Guys a quick update from overnight after an email from my tie maker.

Firstly, he forgot to send me the high res photos so it might be tonight or tomorrow until I get them.

But he has said the small flower or whatever we choose is fine to do and in the case of this small qty, will be hand stitched which I thought you would appreciate. Pricing for the embroidery is still what I expected so at this stage we will still be in the $79.95 to $99.95 range depending on construction of the tie. My vote would be for an un-lined 7 fold rather than classic lined construction, because this tie should be something special.

I also think once we decide I will give it a week to give any other members the opportunity to purchase. Seeing the final mock up may change a few peoples minds that are on the fence. Neverless, we have hit the 10 units mark now so that is good.

Ta
    Jason

20. limousine

limousine Well-Known Member

I've got no problem with their price point but I'm concerned that won't add all that much warmth as they're quite thin. Despite this concern I ordered one off their site anyway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.