1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Australian Members

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by earthdragon, Nov 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. California Dreamer

California Dreamer Well-Known Member

Guys any size 15s out there? I found a pretty nice Canali Exclusive shirt today at an op shop. Not my size, but I figured someone could use it. Happy to let it go for cost plus postage

2. streetminimal

streetminimal Well-Known Member

I received my Herring Matisse Tassel loafers yesterday, they're soo pretty man.

3. streetminimal

streetminimal Well-Known Member

spotted yesterday: red tie, red pocket square, farmers cap, navy jacket, grey pants on lonsdale street. cmon guys fess up, must be someone here or there truly are dapper men who aren't members of SF.

4. sliq

sliq Well-Known Member

Paul Smith in Sydney is about $800 for the jacket alone. so likely suits are >1k

5. sliq

sliq Well-Known Member

just picked up $10 Florsheim black brogues with leather soles at an op shop. score!

6. DartagnanRed

DartagnanRed Well-Known Member

Herring Readings in suede and Loake Strands in burgundy arrived yesterday. For the guy that was asking, the readings are fantastic for $130 plus shipping.

7. California Dreamer

8. themaninasuit

themaninasuit Member

Hi,
    Just though I'd introduce myself to the australian section of this fantastic forum! I have been in the fashion industry for over 15 years in various roles from retail through production and now in bespoke, made to measure and premium alterations. I have a particular interest in suiting and formal attire and in the history of clothing.
    I am also a very avid fan of fine liquor! Look forward to conversing with you all over the coming months!

9. sneakerbearz

sneakerbearz Well-Known Member

any australian like White's or Wesco ?

10. Gerry Nelson

Gerry Nelson Well-Known Member

Any pics? Congratulations on the new shoes!

11. kickstart

kickstart Well-Known Member

If you bought them in the Dark Leaf would you mind please posting a picture that is representative of their true colour.

I bought some Chamberlain's in mahogany and they came a LOT lighter than presented on the Herring website (still awesome, but I wanted something darker).

12. hotmustardsauce

hotmustardsauce Active Member

For those purchasing Herring Shoes use code "TWEET10" for 10% off or "HSAB" for free shoe tree

2 people like this.
  13. meister

meister Well-Known Member

In the shoe dpeartment no. Unbelievablly bad collection.

14. blahman

blahman Well-Known Member

15. California Dreamer

16. Henry Carter

Henry Carter Well-Known Member

Hi Guys a few options for discussion below, click to see in full size. I've just mocked up on the back where the tipping would be a) because im in a bit of a rush and b) because i'd like to get some feedback on the colours and logo options. I'll mock up on the back blade when we get a bit more advanced with this.

I'm also waiting on a bunch of swatches for next season which will have some good ones we could do and I'll post some photo's when they arrive in about 3-4 weeks. Whatever we choose I'll likely not do in the mainline to keep it exclusive to us. We could do a grenadine as some suggested, but it would need to be tipped and have the embroidery on the tipping, if it's to be on the blade it has to be something that will embroid well like a twill.

I'm up to 8 people interested, so we need another 2 now. I have PM'd Coldeyedpugilist as he's been off the radar for a few days and hopefully he will be 1 more.

Lastly anyone interested in the grey cashmere knit, I will be receiving 4 more slightly tweaked pre production ties in the next 3-4 weeks. 1 will be for me of course but I'll offer up the other 3 to whoever is interested when they are in, but of course feel free to register interest as a few already have. Full production of this tie should be here july at latest.

Without further rambling -

[​IMG]

17. California Dreamer

I like the burgundy with the map design, myself.

Also keen on the cashmere knits when you get them.

18. Marbles

Marbles Well-Known Member

Hey Aussies,

Just a quick heads up - I received my order of Viccel socks last week (~2 weeks shipping) and handwashed 2 pairs this arvo. Very glad I went that way as I discovered that the wine coloured ones aren't colourfast (the other pair were purple and didn't colour the water).

All up though, they seem like fantastic socks

19. DartagnanRed

Hey CW, just a thought. Could you inlay the text in the australia map, kind of line this? Scuse the image editing, MS Paint has its limits...
    [​IMG]

20. DartagnanRed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.