• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thanasi

Reaction score
Loake Shoes (David Jones Sydney store) - has anyone noticed some of the Loakes are 'Made in England' and others will state far inside the shoe 'Handcrafted in India'.

I won't buy it unless I know it's Made in England. Can you guys make any recommendations here?

Stiva

Reaction score
The pediwear and Herring websites are pretty upfront re country of origin - and cheaper. Stick with 1880s and you'll be right.

mistermike

Reaction score
The pediwear and Herring websites are pretty upfront re country of origin - and cheaper. Stick with 1880s and you'll be right.
+1. Unfortunately Loake (and Grenson) have gone largely to being manufactured in India. Loake 1880 is still made in England and represents good quality at a very reasonable price point IMO.

Thanasi

Reaction score

+1. Unfortunately Loake (and Grenson) have gone largely to being manufactured in India. Loake 1880 is still made in England and represents good quality at a very reasonable price point IMO. 

Would you ever buy the Loakes with rubber soles? Pardon my ignorance, but can the soles be replaced after wearing out?

Pink Socks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanasi

Reaction score

Thank you. I just purchased a pair from Herring website. It was easy - they seem prepared for Australian buyers.

wurger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thank you. I just purchased a pair from Herring website. It was easy - they seem prepared for Australian buyers.

should check out Pediwear too, free shipping and member discounts after the first pair

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hi, all. Gotta say that Muji and Uniqlo are just what Melbs needs! Quite a few good items including cardi's and chinos. In other news, questions for our Canberra peeps: where are the cool haunts in our nation's capital? Will be staying there for 3 months... and will there be a meetup anytime soon? Hope everyone had a good Anzac weekend. The chill is getting to me...
Canberra Cool? Climate wise yes, had the heater on tonight. Otherwise I would suggest fxh hipster guide to Canberra. Let us know when your hitting town and we can meet up for coffee in Braddon.

iSurg

Reaction score
Thanks, GF.

PS, I saw it first on the Zimma tumblr, actually. Again, collar gap, argh! Am looking forward to the HB party. The new store looks pretty good. Really freshened up their look.

Pink Socks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks, GF.

PS, I saw it first on the Zimma tumblr, actually. Again, collar gap, argh! Am looking forward to the HB party. The new store looks pretty good. Really freshened up their look. 

Thursday night. SF hijacks HB.

Yes, looking forward to catching up on Thursday night.

Coxsackie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thursday night after HB it is.

We should think about going somewhere for a bite to eat, seeing as the event itself starts late-ish at 6pm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads