1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Australian Members

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by earthdragon, Nov 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. California Dreamer

California Dreamer Well-Known Member

I got a pair of Loake Chesters in tan. Been after some tan brogues for a while.

2. lachyzee

lachyzee Well-Known Member

Using a service like shipito would bring the shipping down to at least half that I would imagine (L&C does free shipping inside the US), even if you use FedEx. Worth investigating - use the calculator on the shipito site to see how much it would be approx.

3. Jimbosaurus

Jimbosaurus Well-Known Member

I'm surprised I don't hear any excitement about the new Steve Madden store opening on Bourke Street! :uhoh:

4. blahman

blahman Well-Known Member

^^ That post just reminded me to go down to Rivers to check out some suede chukkas for absolutely beater wear.
    With regards to Saba trousers, I have a pair of low rise navy chidori cotton trousers. 8" leg opening so slim but not nutty skinny (compared to my pair of country road wool/cashmere one with 7.75" leg opening anyway :uhoh:), but the seat is ridiculously tight on me. I finally understood what nuthugging meant from experience with those pants.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2011
  5. Naka

Naka Well-Known Member

What is the quality like at Saba? I've only ever poked my head in before for some sweaters but they didn't have any I liked. Is it one of those only-buy-when-on-sale stores like Oxford?

6. blahman

In a word: Yes.

Just like every other Australian fashion brand, the retail prices are stupid and they all probably come from the same factory in China.

7. __PG__

__PG__ Well-Known Member

Aren't all stores like this? Seriously.. who spends full-price at retail these days?** Oxford has virtually had non-stop sales or two years anyway!

I'm planning on an Azzaro run after lunch. They should have their new Cantarelli Tailor suits in stock. Anyone else want to come down for a look-see?

**realises the irony of his comment having just spent full-price at retail yesterday :embar:

8. lennier

lennier Well-Known Member

Tempted but too much on today. I live in Sth Melb though so might check them out on saturday, have been meaning to take a look there for ages! Let us know if you get there today and spy anything exciting :)

9. blahman

I've learnt to buy from Oxford only when the items are at 70% off now :laugh:
    When do Azzaro usually receive their big new season shipments? Waiting for them to replenish their 46EUs and their summer stuff.

10. __PG__

__PG__ Well-Known Member

They tend to not do 'big season shipments'. From what I've seen they get small amounts of new stock all the time.

11. Jimbosaurus

Jimbosaurus Well-Known Member

Loafers are back from Rekaris. 24 hour turn around and $10 for front and back plastic taps.

12. elvish

elvish Well-Known Member

Saba is made by Sportscraft in the same factories so it's the same quality - fine for basics but I wouldn't buy a suit or shoes.

13. lennier

lennier Well-Known Member

So is it just me or are others finding the new forum very slow and problematic? Both firefox and chrome on different machines appear far more sluggish than the old forum, and firefox particularly is very frequently getting 'unresponsive script' popups. Too many external advertising links possibly or just some rough edges on the design still.

14. CHECKstar

CHECKstar Well-Known Member

Same - also I have lost all the sticky's... had them at first, now they are gone!

15. blahman

Also posts that get posted in the wrong thread and even MORE spam.

16. elvish

elvish Well-Known Member

17. fxh

fxh Well-Known Member

The Rivers Desert boots don't look right at all to me.

The only decent cheap desert boots I've seen are these - @ $50 - only in two colours beige and black - sadly no dark brown

http://www.trafficfootwear.com.au/estore/style/charles-m.aspx

Richmond Plaza on corner Bridge and Church near Rivers outlet

edit:: or online
    http://www.zappos.com/search/clarks+desert+boot/filter/orig/clarks+desert+boot

Last edited: Jul 15, 2011
  18. tone76

tone76 Well-Known Member

*cough* AdBlock Plus *cough*

I haven't noticed any slowdowns, but it is taking a little while for me to get used to.

That said, the new B&S system is winning.

19. Naka

Naka Well-Known Member

+1. Want that sidebar to go away forever? AdBlock does wonders on my netbook when I want to actually read posts.

20. LTM

LTM Well-Known Member

Yes, me too, any advice on blocking ads gratefully accepted!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.