1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Australian Members

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by earthdragon, Nov 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pink Socks

Pink Socks Well-Known Member

Like the look of the Bastian. Too small for me though. More Foxy's size I guess.

2. ColdEyedPugilist

ColdEyedPugilist Well-Known Member

No frills fit pic, better ones to come this Sat.

[​IMG]

On the whole, the Aero is a nice, high quality garment. More fitted than the Gibson Barnes A2. Higher arm holes as well. That said, the fit of the A1 (or A2) is such that you will never have a really slim cut because of the waist pockets. If slim is what you're after, a cafe racer-style motorcycle jacket is probably the way to go. My Schott 641HH is veeery fitted.

3. centrix

centrix Well-Known Member

if you want to just use the camera as a point and shoot and have no knowledge of cameras at all, please don't go for the x100t. It is a very limiting experience to shoot with a prime if you have no idea what you are doing. The Rx100 also can be bought for cheap since the mk1 does not differ from the mk3 much in terms of image quality.

Seems like im just echoing Foxhounds opinion

1 person likes this.
  4. lukejackson

lukejackson Well-Known Member

In Jordan at the moment. Some very eccentrically dressed guys, for lack of a better term. Tweeds etc. Fair few pocket squares around too. Lots of menswear shops; think 80's Sicilian Mafia clothes. Haven't had a chance to look around too much though. Met a Palestinian girl on the plane that is taking me out on Friday, should be interesting. I might start some sort of fundraiser on here to pay for my inevitable troubles after slighting a woman's father/brother/uncle.

5. Prince of Paisley

Prince of Paisley Well-Known Member

Stay safe LJ.

And remember, eat with the right hand, wipe your arse with the left.

6. nabilmust

nabilmust Well-Known Member

And not at the same time.

3 people like this.
  7. Nolvadex

Nolvadex Well-Known Member

and not in the same location

1 person likes this.
  8. fxh

fxh Well-Known Member

ooohhhhh watchit. She'll have you joined up with ISIS and we'll never see you again.

Or with luck you could end up like Larry
    [VIDEO] [/VIDEO]

Last edited: Nov 19, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  9. Prince of Paisley

Prince of Paisley Well-Known Member

Oh, we might see him again... Have to say though, orange really isn't your colour Luke.

10. LonerMatt

LonerMatt Well-Known Member

Why someone would pay for an RX as just a simple PnS is beyond me - way more dollars than sense.

11. Journeyman

Journeyman Well-Known Member

Plenty of people out there with big, expensive (much more than RX100) DSLR cameras shooting full auto. Yes, it's largely a waste, but I suppose that even if you shoot full auto all the time, having a good camera with a bigger sensor, processor and lens still gives you benefits over a smaller, cheaper camera.

Edited to add: I used to shoot manually with my Fuji, but my wife frequently became irritated with me and she'd say, "Why do you always fiddle around so much and take so long to take photos?" So, in the interests of marital harmony, I now mainly concentrate on just framing the shot and try to let auto settings take care of the rest, at least when I'm taking photos with my wife and children.

12. Petepan

Petepan Well-Known Member

Okay peeps. I have tried the Tom Ford summer scents, and seriously, I suggest you save your money. Costa Azzura smells just like Acqua di Gio on the drydown. Neroli Portofino is okay, but your money is better spent on Atelier Cologne's Grand Neroli or Trefle Pur, both available online or at David Jones.

I can host a further split on TF Tobacco Vanille and after that, perhaps another Amber Absolute, and then a Tuscan Leather.

The price for the Tobacco Vanille is $65 plus $10 postage ex-Sydney for 30mL in a quality glass perfume atomiser bottle. I need about 8 takers for this to go ahead, since I will only be keeping a very small portion of the decant bottle. To avoid cluttering this thread, please PM me if you are interested.

13. dasistmineoz

dasistmineoz New Member

14. Osiris2012

Osiris2012 Well-Known Member

Disappointing to hear about CA but vehemently disagree with respect to Neroli Portofino. Did they have or did you get a chance to sample Mandarino Di Amalfi?

15. The Ernesto

The Ernesto Well-Known Member

Costa Azzura, Neroli Portofino, Mandarino Di Amalfi, and what about Tom's latest?

Strade di Napoli

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  16. Petepan

Yes, but also not exciting, for that price tag.

Ernesto, is that the particular "dirty smell" you are after?

17. lennier

lennier Well-Known Member

Speaking of AA, how crap are Australia Post. Still 'in transit' from Sydney to Melbourne after nearly 4 days.. (in no way a criticism of you btw PP, just amazes me that I can get things from the UK in less time than our venerable postal service here can get stuff between our two closest major cities!)

18. Petepan

I have just checked all the tracking, Some parcels have arrived at Toorak, but others are still stuck "in transit". Posted all parcels on Monday, hoping they will arrive latest Thursday. No luck. The absurdity is that footing another $14 and dumping the whole parcel into an Express Post satchel will guarantee next day delivery.

19. The Ernesto

The Ernesto Well-Known Member

You've taught me a lot, Pete.

1 person likes this.
  20. Oli2012

Oli2012 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Or

[​IMG]

I prefer the khaki strap but the aged face isn't as nice.

Also do I need a Weekender if I already own an Easy Reader? (I'm a 'one watch' guy).

Last edited: Nov 20, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.