1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Australian Members

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by earthdragon, Nov 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Petepan

Petepan Well-Known Member

If there are 3 to 4 participants taking 50mL each, I might be able to arrange something. Price is $140 plus postage ex-Sydney.

2. jas0nt

jas0nt Well-Known Member

I would be interested in TV. My Hermes d'hermes fragrance smells really artificial compared to TF and it gave me a headache throughout the day :(

3. Dandy Wonka

Dandy Wonka Well-Known Member

Isn't 100ml $295 in the shop?

4. thebrownman

thebrownman Well-Known Member

5. CoffeeDudeGuy

CoffeeDudeGuy Well-Known Member

My friend and I got his cousin to bring back a Hibiki 21 and Hakushu 18. Sooo good. Hibiki is like nectar, the Hakushu reminds me of the forest, for the trees... Nikka Whisky from a barrel (available here) is also pretty good, and at 51.4% proof it really hits the spot in a good way. I hear that all the whisky over 21yo are kept in Japan because of short supply, especially after Fukushima. So make that Nippon trip count.

Looks really good, I'm green with envy.

1 person likes this.
  6. andrewjamesdean

andrewjamesdean Well-Known Member

Come on people!

7. Pink Socks

Pink Socks Well-Known Member

Of course. The only time I am EVER not working black tie is at work. Don't want to scare "superiors" and potential clients. I wear track suits to fit in.

Looking forward to catching up there iSurg.

4 people like this.
  8. Arch3r

Arch3r Well-Known Member

This is great Gerry. Fwiw aCnoc 16 is excellent.

9. PapaRubbery

PapaRubbery Well-Known Member

Holy shit, talk about an anal raping. Australia Tax jesus.

Also Matt - not to bring it all up again - I haven't had a chance to respond as I've been busy at work - but would I feel strange/weird/off about working for someone who had their head so far up their arse they'd take an irrational disliking to someone based upon a piece of fabric stuffed in their pocket?

Yeah, honestly, I would, and it would be definitely harder to work with them/for them - but if they are willing to pay the charge out rates, well, I'd have to balance my complete disdain for them with that overwhelming glee to feel when you bend over a fat cat take them for all their worth.

I'd probably put the salary towards more pocket squares, just so whenever I wore them I'd be remembered of how much of a sucker they were.

1 person likes this.
  10. CraigC

CraigC Well-Known Member

I dusted off the Yamazaki 12 so we could reacquaint ourselves. A pleasant encounter.

11. thebrownman

When/where is this Wear for Success thing?

12. thebrownman

BREAK THE INTERNET

1 person likes this.
  13. Prince of Paisley

Prince of Paisley Well-Known Member

What's the weight on that fabric Gerry?

14. Gerry Nelson

Gerry Nelson Well-Known Member

It's 320g/m - doesn't feel heavy at all.

2 people like this.
  15. Foxhound

Foxhound Well-Known Member

Thursday @ HB.

1 person likes this.
  16. fxh

fxh Well-Known Member

I thought we agreed not to tell TBM?

1 person likes this.
  17. Stiva

Stiva Well-Known Member

Gerry

Allowing for issues related to camera angle and perspective, this suit raises issues that I have pondered for myself. At the moment I prefer a tapered leg on my pants. I think it looks neater with cuffs and seems to fit the sartorial zeitgeist. On the other hand, it can tend to make a suit look unbalanced if one is top heavy in the sense of having relatively large shoulders and chest. The other thing with an aggressive taper is that if the leg is even slightly too long the break is accentuated beyond presently accepted tolerances (although I don't subscribe to the "shiver" school of thought). This is less of an issue with a wider leg opening. I'm wondering how this suit would look if there was a bit more width in the trousers - especially given that it is tweed and therefore traditionally cut in a more relaxed fit. I'm not thinking Oxford bags, but something more towards the middle of the spectrum. That may also help in terms of its longevity in stylistic terms. Is this something you discussed with the PJ crew, or considered yourself, and if so is there any wisdom you can share with us?

Regards
    Stiva

18. Liber

Liber Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Zegna
    Luxire
    Drakes
    James Boags

2 people like this.
  19. ryanohare

ryanohare Well-Known Member

Gerry - that green ensemble win's the internet this weekend.

As a matter of (bizarre) intrigue, where's the pocket square from??

20. Gerry Nelson

Gerry Nelson Well-Known Member

@Stiva, I actually didn't discuss that aspect with the PJ crew and it's an interesting question that I don't have a passion ok right now. They did tell me to give it sound time before getting any adjustments made as the fit would change a little over time. It's a work in progress but I'm happy for now. My intent was to be able to split the suit up and wear the jacket with denim, cotton or flannel trousers so that part will see a lot more use.

TBM, thanks!

@ryanohare, thanks for the kind words! The square is by Christian Kimber but the way I'm wearing it only shows the cream part of the square.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.