1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Australian Members

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by earthdragon, Nov 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Osiris2012

Osiris2012 Well-Known Member

Nice ties Wurg, different seeing tie pics from you instead of shoes :)

I recently got my first Sam Hober as well (thanks to a recommendation from Spandexter), interesting experience customising a tie. Happy with their customer service, delivery and the end result but was good to see that despite being off the rack as such, HC ties are right up there with it in terms of quality and detail.

1 person likes this.
  2. mezentius

mezentius Well-Known Member

Nah, musician. Although I have been known to make my keys vanish for hours on end. Very inconvenient.

3. ruzzi

ruzzi Well-Known Member

[deleted]

Last edited: Jul 28, 2014
  4. Pink Socks

Pink Socks Well-Known Member

Nothing seems to be left in stock online in CPs or MMMs. At those prices no wonder.

5. DartagnanRed

DartagnanRed Well-Known Member

This just seems silly, how can you expect customers to buy at full price of $500 if they know that you're going to discount down to $130 later on?

Surely that is below cost price for these guys?

6. stormin1

stormin1 Well-Known Member

I think its a reasonable indication of how well the store is going selling stock at full price

7. DartagnanRed

DartagnanRed Well-Known Member

I went to Grasshopper bar a few weeks back and kept wondering why there were all these asians dressed in matrix coats and white hi-tops smoking cigarettes down the alley. After further investigation, I'd found the entrance to Sneakerboy!

Explained to friends that if they ever wanted to buy lizard skin sneakers for $2000+, that this was where they wanted to go, which led to "how do you know this" questions and further confirmed to everyone that I am a wanker.

2 people like this.
  8. freedblackslave

freedblackslave Member

Ruzzi, I might be interested as I think I have a Navy grossa swatch at home. I'll get back to you tonight.

I have a question about slimming casual chino pants down. I have been told that the alteration is expensive and won't last. I would think slimming the legs is similar to tapering, which I think is quite common. Could anyone enlighten me as to whether there would be any major differences in the alterations? I understand it'd be more expensive, but I am unsure about the durability angle.

9. Pink Socks

Pink Socks Well-Known Member

Edit: You can filter by size to see what is available.
    Nothing for me - which is good news really.

10. lachyzee

lachyzee Well-Known Member

Anyone know of a source of this style of cedar pant hanger in Aus? Luxire has almost completely taken up the "lifetime supply" I purchased a few years ago

[​IMG]

11. lachyzee

Amazing what $14 will buy you on Amazon... my closet will never see a moth again...

[​IMG]

12. The Ernesto

The Ernesto Well-Known Member

Sounds like utter twaddle to me.

1 person likes this.
  13. iSurg

iSurg Well-Known Member

Lachyzee, can you post the URL? Need some cedar love as well. Apologies if you done so before...

14. lachyzee

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DEF8KCI/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

[​IMG]

CedarFresh by Household Essentials products are manufactured by Allen Edmonds/Woodlore for Amazon, I believe. Same thing, cheaper price. And cheap Amazon shipping. I also picked this up:

http://www.amazon.com/CedarFresh-Ce...F8&qid=1406598505&sr=8-30&keywords=cedarfresh

They won't ship you cedar refreshing spray, but you can buy it cheaply at Howard's storage world

http://www.hsw.com.au/?product=&search=cedar&x=-793&y=-28&op=search_products

15. iSurg

iSurg Well-Known Member

How was the scent out of the box? A few reviewers had mixed comments...

16. lachyzee

It smells strongly of cedar.

17. deingesicht

deingesicht Well-Known Member

18. lachyzee

1 person likes this.
  19. Prince of Paisley

Prince of Paisley Well-Known Member

If the smell fades over time sand the wood back a bit with some fine grit sandpaper and that will bring it back.

20. Brendon

Brendon Well-Known Member

Hi Freedblack slave
    unless you are big in the thigh, that could be the only area of concern.
    Wearing out the fork, quite common with off the peg big thigh men. Largely the dress is no longer cut in the trouser so this can add to this problem of lack of room here.
    To taper a trouser properly it should largely come from the outside. If taken from the inside as is often done then then trousers are best used for a tumbleweed town as you dismount your horse. I see this a lot online and around town of trousers tapered from the inside.
    The trouser catches on thre inside a few points down the legs. Easy to spot and common. The wearer will always look bow legged.
    A trouser should be balanced to the way you stand. To do it from the inside....Stand with your legs apart and see how far apart you have to stand for the trouser to drape well on the inside.
    I am all for altering chino's off the peg. They are so uneconomical for a tailor to make one pair. I turn away this sort of business a lot. The cloth is not expensive and seems like diminishing returns to put that effort in.
    The people selling the trouser may have looked at you and decided that if they taper the trousers to the extent you fashionistas want that they may not be able to stand by a reasonable warranty. If you are going to get it done then do it largely from the outside.
    Hope this of help gotta go.... bloody customer!
    Brendon

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.