• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

labravajazz

Reaction score
Re the suede brush etc where someone recommended Saphir via Pediware - you can shop local and get these at Double Monk - I went there yesterday while in Melbourne but dammit they were closed whole weekend for AFL Final. Who would expect footy closes a business like this? :(
And they don't open on Mondays so no go for me.

boff

Reaction score

Lets see how the Blacklist goes starting n Monday. I am a sucker for James Spader after watching the Practice and Boston Legal.

I wasn't so keen on those. However everyone should watch the film 'Secretary'. Takes office politics to a whole new level.

thebrownman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Spade or no spade, I've always preferred the real thing over the practice..

nabilmust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No spoilers my man Sy, I've yet to watch the back end of his season.

My top 5 series - no particular order

Spooks
Sopranos
Breaking bad
It crowd
Seinfeld

I just started on season 5 of Breaking Bad. So yes, no spoilers please.

If I could pick 5 shows, it would be:

The Sopranos
House of Cards
The Newsroom
Friends
Breaking Bad

Foxhound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can watch Law and Order but those pure legal show's can be quite boring, being a lawyer looks quite depressing and boring.

jaypee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have some guilty pleasures, but favourites of late -

House of Cards
Breaking Bad
Suits
The Wire
Sons of Anarchy

Just started on Game of Thrones on the weekend

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Which version of "House of Cards" are people referring to here?

The original, British version, or the recent US version?

I watched the British version some years back and really enjoyed it. Ian Richardson was fantastic as the devious Francis Urquhart - "You might think that; I couldn't possibly comment".

I haven't seen the US version (which stars Kevin Spacey) but have heard good things about it.

Foxhound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Too many TV shows, love Mad Men and Game of Thrones, although only 1/3 of Season 3 was any good.

g-banger

Reaction score
Hi Guys.

need your sartorial help!

Spilt my pants 2 weeks ago at a Charity Law Ball, haven't had a chance to sort it out. Went to M&R Tailor here in sydney who is pretty good and he said definitely he cant fix it, i have called Rhodes and Beckett to check if i can buy another pair of pants for it. No Luck.

What am i to do? do i try a few more tailors or is the rip that bad i need to just suck it up and buy a new suit?

Such a fail

thanks!

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What am i to do? do i try a few more tailors or is the rip that bad I need to just suck it up and buy a new suit?

Yes.

It hasn't ripped at the seam (ie the seam hasn't come apart), but instead the cloth itself has torn.

To repair that sort of damage, you would need to pull in the sides of the cloth along the tear and stitch them. It would probably be easiest to do if you put a patch behind it. Either way, you'd end up with one side of the backside of your trousers being smaller than the other side, and you would also have a very, very noticeable area of stitching there, regardless of whether you pulled the cloth together until you had some pristine fabric, or whether you used a fabric patch inside.

In short, they're stuffed.

AriGold

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have some guilty pleasures, but favourites of late -

House of Cards
Breaking Bad
Suits
The Wire
Sons of Anarchy

Just started on Game of Thrones on the weekend

You'll be having a great time mate.

House of cards is great - but the wire has some serious politics in play too. It is amazingly well thought out and the acting, characterization and development is genius!

Suits is good for a cheap thrill (and relatively nice suits)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads