• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

California Dreamer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have added you to the wiki http://styleforumau.wikidot.com/wiki:suits-in-australia As a bribe I will be expecting a complimentary commission of a full length coat in 100% vicuna. Cheers.
This post reminds me. I'm reading this book right now. An account of the genesis of a $50,000 vicuna coat from raw materials around the world through mills and manufacturers to the JH Cutler rooms in Sydney. Bits of history re Savile Row etc thrown in. Really interesting. Somewhat surprisingly, the author is American, and she just happened upon the Cutler website and got intrigued. http://www.amazon.com/The-Coat-Rout...TF8&qid=1375685625&sr=8-1&keywords=coat+route

Romp

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
PS, good write up in the Fin Review Romp, but I will admit I found this a little humorous:

thanks - world's worst photographer... he is use to doing portraits of business men in meeting rooms and couldnt decide what to shoot.. I was holding the tie tying pose for about 20 minutes

streetminimal

Reaction score
MJ Bale are missing the trick with the usage of the same block and lack of pocket styles on their jackets. I reckon if they got their **** a bit more together then we'd have a good Australian version of SuitSupply over here. They just need to steer away from the poor design of the shirts and do some simple colours and patterns - that way you'd have some competition with PJohnson.

Oli2012

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

MJ Bale are missing the trick with the usage of the same block and lack of pocket styles on their jackets. I reckon if they got their **** a bit more together then we'd have a good Australian version of SuitSupply over here. They just need to steer away from the poor design of the shirts and do some simple colours and patterns - that way you'd have some competition with PJohnson.

Their suits don't bother me (I like flap pockets FWIW), their shirts and ties are the definition of fail though.

tobiasj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

thanks - world's worst photographer... he is use to doing portraits of business men in meeting rooms and couldnt decide what to shoot.. I was holding the tie tying pose for about 20 minutes

A photographer who can't come up with ideas of what to shoot quickly, even in a new situation, ain't worth sheeeet

Romp

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
A photographer who can't come up with ideas of what to shoot quickly, even in a new situation, ain't worth sheeeet
case of all the gear, no idea

TehBunny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Had a good laugh reading the thread, caught up on a crap ton.
Indeed basmati rice is the most dericious!

Dusty Brogues

Reaction score

Models are so unforgiving

sliq

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

that's a beautiful mirror. i've only seen one other one, many years ago, where the mercury has also started to 'bleed' itself.

Oli2012

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got my CT shirt today.

Though the detailing isn't there, it's everything you want with nothing you don't. The fit is amazing, unfortunately ill have to return mine to get a longer sleeve.

A bit prickly pear though. I don't know if that's because of the fabric or it just needs a wash...

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

EDIT: also read PJohnson - pretty much everything is made in Italy rather than Netherlands now

Interesting, given that, if I remember correctly, the Italian P.Johnson stuff by La Vera is at least two, or two-and-a-half times the price of the clothing made in the Netherlands, isn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads