• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prince of Paisley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What a great Melbourne morning to discover a hole in the sole of my black Hallams... I guess I'm off to Rekaris tomorrow.

Also, I'd be in for the swap box.
Okay, I think it's time we had a long and frank discussion about the pros and cons of Topy'ing your shoes...

Kidding.

tobiasj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I recently Topy'ed all of my shoes--I went from 0% Topy to 100% Topy. Fully expecting the apocalypse any time now.

Foxhound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've topy'd all my shoes. better piece of mind. The only ones I haven't are my Meermin double monks. Slide all over the dance floor, no fun.

Reaction score
Gents how are we? In the market for a slim fitting sport coat (I'm 186cm/~65kg), how does Zara go, thinking about having a browse.

Any other recommendations?

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

In general soap just makes water more watery. And lets it soak in and remove dirt. Too much soap just defeats the purpose and can (will) grease up the water. Most detergent manufacturers recommend you use too much soap in wash machines - they would wouldn't they - that why theres a grease build up in machines. As a general tip use half recommended dose in a machine.

Just before we got our new F&P washing machine we had a technician in to see if the old one was economically viable to fix, sadly no, **** built in obsolesce. He mentioned to avoid grease build up you should just drop in dishwashing tablet once every six to eight weeks and let it go through a normal cycle. He recommend normal dishwashing tablets not the ones with the ball.

Mind you my dishwasher would like a dishwasher, bought her some Aesop Hand Creme instead.

Last edited:

Pink Socks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Mind you my dishwasher would like a dishwasher, bought her some Aesop Hand Creme instead.

Haha, think an actually dishwasher would be cheaper in the long run. I am our dishwasher, god am I over it...

Cubits

Reaction score
Gents how are we? In the market for a slim fitting sport coat (I'm 186cm/~65kg), how does Zara go, thinking about having a browse.

Any other recommendations?

I can't fathom you. How can you be 10kg lighter than me and two inches taller?! You must have the bones of a bird! Astonishing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics