1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Australian Members

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by earthdragon, Nov 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blahman

blahman Well-Known Member

Oh crap is it that obvious? I stopped exercising about a year ago and gained 5kg. Fighting to get that back down.

2. Oli2012

Oli2012 Well-Known Member

DNP + Test

3. sliq

sliq Well-Known Member

this was a good read for those looking to build their wardrobe.. maybe not go full-retard and get bespoke first off though

4. sliq

sliq Well-Known Member

parisiangentleman.co.uk/2014/01/19/my-experience-on-how-to-build-a-wardrobe/

5. blahman

blahman Well-Known Member

nah. I'm just going to down steaks and chicken breasts and go hard at the gym

6. Henry Carter

Henry Carter Well-Known Member

I think i'd much prefer the Z4 over the cruze :)

Here's a funny car story (depending on your sense of humour). I got a new (used) Pajero last weekend, picked it up about 11am and went for a fish down a reasonably out of the way place out of town that's dirt road but 2 wheel driveable at 3pm. Came around a blind corner, P plater in a crappy old corolla comes the other way far too fast, see's me and slams on the brakes and of course loses traction and side swipes me. So had the car for a total of 4 hours.... Was I pissed off? Anyway it's going in to be fixed tomorrow and the P plater has no insurance so it will be an expensive little mistake for him I imagine.

7. Prince of Paisley

Prince of Paisley Well-Known Member

Yes, I'm always worried when shows outlive their original concept - in this case WWII - but the new adaptation has been almost seamless and Michael Kitchen is as excellent as ever. Also a great one for the period costumes as well.

8. Prince of Paisley

Prince of Paisley Well-Known Member

Isn't this always the way? My last car I had scratched, rear-ended and reversed into (twice) within the first 6 months of owning it!

Now I drive around in my old bomb dishing out instant, lethal justice to rapid lane changers, tail-gaters, Porche Cayenne drivers and cyclists who think they are above the road rules.

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  9. Gerry Nelson

Gerry Nelson Well-Known Member

This sounds like an opening voice over for some new tv series!

2 people like this.
  10. Osiris2012

Osiris2012 Well-Known Member

@henry carter that sucks mate, at least you're not at fault just a hassle and yep very expensive lesson for the p plater :p

In the cruzes defences, its got pretty amazing fuel economy and while it won't beat anyone off the line as such once the turbo kicks in its got a bit of power to it... although maybe I just deluded myself not thinking that hehe.

Haha Prince of Paisley that was a cracker :D id watch that show

11. Liber

Liber Well-Known Member

Tren + mast + var or bust.

1 person likes this.
  12. fxh

fxh Well-Known Member

My bitter experience with uninsured P platers etc is - the car is probably unregistered, the driver unlicensed and the costly mistake will end up being yours.

Cue car story:
    The offspring had his car in for service last year. Got a call to pick it up. "Its ready - just taking a test drive. Pick it up in 15mins".
    He arrives 30 mins later. Bloke comes out with worried look on face. "Sorry car is a write off".
    Yeah sure good joke.
    Nope.
    Took it for drive around block.
    Driver came out of side road on left and T boned it - write off.

13. sliq

sliq Well-Known Member

fxh, I'm not surprised. vast majority of accidents when you're about 5km to your work/home. generally because one let's their guards down on streets or roads they're well versed with.

on another note, this morning on the way to work I witnessed a bus driver run over a pedestrian. a bystander sprinted over and dragged the man out from beneath.. pretty surreal. I was trained in first aid.. it could've been disastrous if the good Samaritan had inadvertently made the injured person paralysed by his actions.

14. Foxhound

Foxhound Well-Known Member

About 10 minutes before throwing up all over myself.
    [​IMG]
    Just here with my Grandparents.

1 person likes this.
  15. fxh

fxh Well-Known Member

I didn't mean you look podgy at all - just I seem to remember you were super skinny. But maybe you are just more grown up.

16. jweiht

jweiht Well-Known Member

Hey Guys,

I travel to Sydney a couple times a year for work from Singapore, and was wondering how the standard of quality tailor is. Price range for a full canvas suit? Everything seems bloody expensive in Sydney..

My biz partner operates at carringbah, and I usually put up at Cronulla.

17. kayhill

kayhill Well-Known Member

18. DartagnanRed

DartagnanRed Well-Known Member

19. jmills

jmills Well-Known Member

I'm thinking of consolidating my shoe rotation and I thought I would throw this on here as a long shot. Any members that take an 8.5 in Loake want to shoot me a PM? I have some pairs in fairly new condition that I plan to get rid of, as I bought some C&Js not long after, and the Loakes didn't get worn much. There's a pair of Carmina Simpson 8.5s as well.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2014
  20. Coxsackie

Coxsackie Well-Known Member

Today's post-wedding Chapel Street take-wifey-shopping fit, x-posted from WAYWRN:

[​IMG]
    SC, pants, shoes: Canali
    Shirt: Déclic
    PS: Alexander Olch
    Hat: Akubra
    Shades: Cébé vintage mountaineering glasses
    Belt: Stefano Corsini

Wifey tried on a spectacular mid-length dress at Wayne Cooper. I already had my plastic out but she bailed at the last minute. Think I might just sneak back there tomorrow morning and buy it for her.

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.