1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Australian Members

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by earthdragon, Nov 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. __PG__

__PG__ Well-Known Member

2. Prince of Paisley

Prince of Paisley Well-Known Member

Karl Stefanovic said his wife has a good arse. He never mentioned anything about a good root.
    Thank you so much for making this worthwhile distinction; this makes all the difference. I now consider Karl a man of class.

3. TheWraith

TheWraith Well-Known Member

I can confirm she's a good root if you like.
    [​IMG]
    Thank you so much for making this worthwhile distinction; this makes all the difference. I now consider Karl a man of class.
    Never said he was a man of class (or that I was a fan of his for that matter). He said what he said on the night, no doubt a little worse for wear with drink and/or jet-lag, take it for what it is. I never watch Ch9 or 7 morning programs. If I ever do watch anything in the morning, it's ABC News24 briefly.

4. bhall41

bhall41 Well-Known Member

Never said he was a man of class (or that I was a fan of his for that matter). He said what he said on the night, no doubt a little worse for wear with drink and/or jet-lag, take it for what it is.

Actually, apparently he was stone cold sober.

5. Henry Carter

Henry Carter Well-Known Member

I like Karl, he is kind of a sleaze bag and isn't afraid to be himself on air, unlike many of the other presenters and people love him cos he gets shitfaced at the logies, turns up to work the next day and isn't afraid to admit it. And he may be a sleazebag but he obviously loves his wife and at least he is not cheating on her.

He has a lot more charisma than David Koch thats for sure. Anyway I watched the Shawshank Redemption on another channel instead of the logies so missed it all pretty much.

he has awful hair though.

6. TheWraith

I like Karl, he is kind of a sleaze bag and isn't afraid to be himself on air, unlike many of the other presenters and people love him cos he gets shitfaced at the logies, turns up to work the next day and isn't afraid to admit it. And he may be a sleazebag but he obviously loves his wife and at least he is not cheating on her.

I wouldn't call him a sleazebag. He's an old fashioned Aussie larrikin, for better or worse. Often anti-pc, but that's not always a bad thing these days.

7. fxh

fxh Well-Known Member

Sorry I was wrong.

He never said she was a good root.

He said, in front of a live audience of a few hundred and a national TV audience, that she had tried to "jump " him when she heard he won something and then he said she had a good arse.

Totally different.

The words "role model" come to mind.

8. Prince of Paisley

[​IMG] Never said he was a man of class (or that I was a fan of his for that matter). He said what he said on the night, no doubt a little worse for wear with drink and/or jet-lag, take it for what it is. I never watch Ch9 or 7 morning programs. If I ever do watch anything in the morning, it's ABC News24 briefly.
    So WTF would you know about him if you don't even watch his program? You know him personally? No?

So STFU.

9. TheWraith

Nobody ever said he was a role model. He's just some fool on morning TV. Get a grip here some of you, huh?

10. blahman

blahman Well-Known Member

[​IMG] What have I done?!

11. jaypee

jaypee Well-Known Member

Are you guys kidding? Kicking up a stink because he complimented his Mrs?

Get a job at the Australian you fuddy duddy

12. Prince of Paisley

Nobody ever said he was a role model. He's just some fool on morning TV. Get a grip here some of you, huh?
    He is my role model - you're the fool, fool.

13. blahman

Enough about Karl. Where can I find fun socks for cheap - no need for 100% silk, cashmere, vicuna wool and stuff, just cotton/polyester blend. Blue ones, red one, yellow ones, purple ones. All I see at Brands United etc are boring blacks, whites and greys.

14. TheWraith

Exactly, enough about Karl. Surely there are more important things to talk about here.

Viccel.com for socks, perhaps?

15. jaypee

jaypee Well-Known Member

Too right, back to classic cars and topy toes Or maybe who sells CJs in Australia? [​IMG]

16. The Ernesto

The Ernesto Well-Known Member

Too right, back to classic cars and topy toes

Or maybe who sells CJs in Australia?

[​IMG]

And does anyone know a good tailor...

17. fxh

fxh Well-Known Member

Enough about Karl. Where can I find fun socks for cheap - no need for 100% silk, cashmere, vicuna wool and stuff, just cotton/polyester blend. Blue ones, red one, yellow ones, purple ones. All I see at Brands United etc are boring blacks, whites and greys.

you don't want polyester blend - you'll sweat too much - and slip over in your new shoes.

Careful with the old "fun socks" gig - a trap for young players - its not a long way away from the "fun ties" and then......before you know it .....a black shiney suit by a "designer"

Viccel has good colours, good loooong socks and ok prices - everything is a bit thin (unless you like 'em like that or want to ease into some tight shoes) except the winter weight which is not thick at all.

18. blahman

Too late for that. I already have a bright orange tie with blue square dots. [​IMG] I wanted to get blended socks because I want to have them for $3 a pair or something since I don't intend to wear them often; my cotton ones never seem to last long; and my wool ones always seem to slip down.

19. Geoffrey Firmin

Geoffrey Firmin Well-Known Member

DJ's have a new band called Happy Socks there loud in the extreme. Great colour and patten selection and there 100% cotton haven't seen any wool ones.

20. Henry Carter

Henry Carter Well-Known Member

I reckon Brooks Brothers makes the best socks, not available in aus unfortunately by my bro is off to NY today so hopefully he will bring me back a few pairs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.