1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Australian Members

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by earthdragon, Nov 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Foxhound

Foxhound Well-Known Member

Just put my order in at Oscar Hunt. $649. Navy, two buttons, jetted pocket, 2" cuffed trouser, notch lapels, half canvas.

2. Pink Socks

Pink Socks Well-Known Member

1 person likes this.
  3. Oli2012

Oli2012 Well-Known Member

Naturally :)

I figured that after I posted, but my point still stands!

The bone is more of a bone, whereas the buck is slightly darker than your average chinos.

I was all for the bone until I saw the buck worn by the smiling assassin himself:

[​IMG]

I'm going a lands end OCBD or pale blue hawker with one pocket. Am I still good for bone?

What happened to the goat head avatar? :(

You and FXH are the oldest people I know.

My apologies, its a bit easier to see in the larger picture:

http://www.rmwilliams.com.au/EsaImages/item/master/TJ881_05_F.jpg

http://www.rmwilliams.com.au/EsaImages/item/master/TJ881_H0_F.jpg

I know what you mean - growing up in a country town the pale blue grazier with blue jeans or moleskins was kind of a coming of age outfit.

I want to pull it off myself but with a better fit.
    Most lifts (minus deadlifts) are easier to do with a solid wood heel. Olympic lifters wear them without fail.

4. JimmyHoffa

JimmyHoffa Well-Known Member

5. Pink Socks

Apart from the fact I am not in quite such good shape I would say pretty much, yes.

6. JimmyHoffa

I'm sure you look dashing in your shirts. I have a date with destiny coming up. I'm glad you've endorsed the end product!

Last edited: Nov 7, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  7. Pink Socks

Good luck with it Mr Sy. Enjoy the experience too - pick fabrics, design etc. It can take a couple of shots to figure exactly what you like (though you should still be very happy with the first results).

1 person likes this.
  8. Geoffrey Firmin

Geoffrey Firmin Well-Known Member

Yeah will look fine I have a couple of sky blue OCBD I wear with Bills British Khaki chinos also a navy blue poplin BD.

Its all DB's fault, the goat has gone into hiding due to his political affiliations, the dog was happy to pose and express his opinion about the budget emergency.

1 person likes this.
  9. Henry Carter

Henry Carter Well-Known Member

I'm a big fan of MM's style, but that would be too tight through the gut and underarms for me to wear and be comfortable in, and that's purely because I'm sitting at a desk all day. He is pretty fit luckily. Some of my cottonwork shirts are tight like that and they give me the shits by the end of the day. My kamakura's have a little bit more room everywhere.

1 person likes this.
  10. JimmyHoffa

I have to agree with you about the underarms. Unless I am training 5-6 times a week, there are swimming pools underneath my arms. Having a shirt that is tight under the arms is not ideal. Except I don't have a gut, so I like it quite tight around the waist.

With that in mind, I've worn your white shirt and blue gingham every week since the start of the year. Great shirts (y).

11. California Dreamer

California Dreamer Well-Known Member

My PS shirt fitted beautifully to begin with, but I've found that the fit deteriorated over time. :)

12. Petepan

Petepan Well-Known Member

Yes to that. Sleeves start getting shorter due to shrinkage. Waist starts getting tighter due to tummy expansion.

13. fxh

fxh Well-Known Member

14. fxh

fxh Well-Known Member

The donated brains of Scots are to be sliced and studied in Melbourne, as researchers investigate whether there is a link between levels of the feel-good molecule dopamine and exposure to light.
    Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/technology/sc...od-molecule-20131107-2x3q4.html#ixzz2k26oV9Ob

Researchers at Glasgow University found that our brains process words faster if they refer to big things, and slower if the word describes a small thing.
    http://www.scotsman.com/news/education/scots-scientists-solve-brain-word-process-secrets-1-3114188

SCOTTISH scientists have helped create a miniature “brain-in-a-bottle” which they hope will lead to new treatments for serious diseases.
    Grown in the lab using stem cells, the hollow “organoids”, measuring just three to four millimetres across, have a structure similar to that of an immature human brain.
    The researchers, including a team in Edinburgh,...

http://www.scotsman.com/news/health/brain-in-a-bottle-developed-by-scots-scientists-1-3064181

15. cgo

cgo Well-Known Member

2 people like this.
  16. Pink Socks

No pocket? You are joking right?

I get the too tight thing, though I think it might just be well tucked. MM always looks very comfortable and stylish in photographs I have seen.

Fxh - what does this say about Scottish brains?

17. Osiris2012

Osiris2012 Well-Known Member

18. CoffeeDudeGuy

CoffeeDudeGuy Well-Known Member

For stylish street shoes to lift in, Converse Chucks have nice flat/thin soles, and good grip to keep your feet alignment in place for the heavy lifts. The laces are also useful for positioning the bar before the lift: Deadlifts are the best. Bare feet would be great, but only possible at home. I was responsible for "No Barefeet Allowed!!!" at my local gym...

Fitness buffs should head over to the 100,000 pull ups thread and contribute to the tally, less than 2 months left!

http://www.styleforum.net/t/329684/lets-crank-out-100k-pull-ups-this-year-2013-edition/840_30

19. TehBunny

TehBunny Well-Known Member

This is one of my favourite shirt fit's; found this on Put This On via mostexerent when I first started getting interested in clothing:
    [​IMG]
    EDIT: Wlifting shoes, my wife bought me a pair of Romaleos a few birthdays back never looked back!

20. sliq

sliq Well-Known Member

it's a laxed cut - compliments the pleats on the trousers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.