1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Australian Members

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by earthdragon, Nov 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oli2012

Oli2012 Well-Known Member

Being left handed sucks balls. It makes shopping for guitars, and screwdrivers, a pain in the ass.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2013
  2. Dusty Brogues

Dusty Brogues Well-Known Member

Nice get up man, I have all the above bar brown calf chukkas. You are right though, maybe I could trick it up a bit.

Fxh I ain't catholic or opus dei - I just bend it like beckham...

3. Gerry Nelson

Gerry Nelson Well-Known Member

Do a Hendrix ...

4. coxaca

coxaca Well-Known Member

Sorry, I don't know. There's a label inside the inside-left pocket but I'm not sure which part of it might specify the model. What's "model" in Italian?

That's my kind of suit. I have a three-piece windowpane charcoal from Rhodes & Beckett and another from Lab Pal Zileri, but this one looks nicer.

You jest about screwdrivers, of course. But guitars - I'm a lefty and I used to play guitar, the normal way. I considered myself at an advantage because on the guitar, the left hand is much more difficult than the right (unless you are a classical guitarist or a finger-picker).

However, on the drums it was a different matter. I naturally play the "on" beat with my left hand. I was never a drummer, but in the days when I was in bands, I used to muck around on kits that were lying around in rehearsal rooms. They were always set up for right-handers, so I would lead with my left hand and my right foot. Let me tell you, this was weird. However, I have discovered more recently that there are several famous "technical" drummers who play this way - can't remember which ones - maybe Billy Cobham is one?

I hold a racquet in my left hand, kick with my right foot, lead with my left on a waterski, hold cutlery the normal way - seems I'm completely fucked up.

It gets worse. I fondle women's breasts with my right hand, but ejaculate from my left ball.

5. Foxhound

Foxhound Well-Known Member

Do this.
    Thanks everyone for your kind words <3
    Bit of an update. It's really not looking good. The forensic squad came today. Couldn't lift any prints. Cleaned up my Mum and Dad's room. So many things gone. Last year we lost my grandmother, my mum's mum. My Mum and Aunty couldn't decide what to do with all her jewelery. It turns out my mum was holding onto all of it. My Dad lost all his watches bar his Tissot I believe. Which was stuff his dad gave him. I'm happy to say his pocket watch which was his grandfathers is still hanging on the wall. All my watches except my Braun are gone,a few weeks worth of pay, and a few gift vouchers.

6. lennier

lennier Well-Known Member

That's a real shame foxy. I had the experience once and I know it's awful, and I was a lot more fortunate than you've been.

7. LonerMatt

LonerMatt Well-Known Member

i had a significant amount of money stolen from me when I was 6 Fox - I was incredibly cynical and assumed the polic wouldn't be able to help, but my money was returned. It may seem unlikely, or impossible, but the police aren't always completely powerless or useless.

8. herringbonePete

herringbonePete Well-Known Member

So I was standing on the corner of Spencer and Collins Street in the spring sunshine this morning observing the procession of city workers.

Is it me or are standards lifting - lots of fitted suits and shortened sleeves.

I cite the fashion of the day - people are cottoning on to showing cuff.

I'm looking for some advice.
    Where can I get some wool trousers (flannel?) possibly bordering low rise, in navy or grey, onshore or online for ~100 dollars.

Possible or not? Seriously, my standards are not so high.
    To wear with an odd jacket or not.

Doesn't have to be high end - I am on a budget - wife and 3 kids to support.

9. Pink Socks

Pink Socks Well-Known Member

10. nabilmust

nabilmust Well-Known Member

I'm a 9 in Supergas, 9 in Purcells, and a 9.5 in Flyknit Trainers.

From my research, if you're a 9.5 in Flyknit Trainers, you're a 9.5 in Flyknit Lunars. I've tried on both, and that seems right.

Having said that, best to size yourself in store, and walk around a bit to find what is comfortable for you (do you like some toe-room, or you like it snug, etc).

The flyknits stretch just a smidge. Just.

Co-sign.

[​IMG]

11. Superfudge

Superfudge Well-Known Member

This is disappointing. CSI has led me to believe that most criminals spotaneously ejaculate everywhere, even for the most minor of crimes. Perhaps a run over with the black light is in oder? May want to keep it out of your own bedroom though...

1 person likes this.
  12. Superfudge

Superfudge Well-Known Member

This is one of the reasons I'm not a big fan of french cuffs. Showing off my cufflinks is insufficient to trade off the sleeve blowout. I'd rather have a nice pair of barrell cuffs, at least they can be adjusted.

13. Oli2012

Oli2012 Well-Known Member

It makes sense in theory, but I've always felt more comfortable playing the other way round.

FWIW, I play bass so left hand so finger speed and response is important.

Have I got the watch for you:

[​IMG]

Seriously though, stories like yours are why I can't justify dropping a few K on watches.

14. The Ernesto

The Ernesto Well-Known Member

I'm assuming they were insured.

15. Foxhound

.... I had that stolen.....

16. ryanohare

ryanohare Well-Known Member

Folks, I'm at an age now where I need a new wallet. I looked in the UK & US recently but they were all too wide/narrow to fit our weird-shaped Aussie notes.

Where should I begin my search?

Ta.

17. Gerry Nelson

Gerry Nelson Well-Known Member

18. Foxhound

Ettinger Bridle Leather Wallet here.

19. LonerMatt

LonerMatt Well-Known Member

Noah Lambert Unifold here:

[​IMG]

20. Journeyman

Journeyman Well-Known Member

I don't know if you'll think that they are too wide or not, but wallets from all of the UK suspects (Ettinger, Aspinal, Pickett, Robertson Jessel and so on) will fit Australian notes.

Bi-fold (ie the typical bend-in-the-middle) wallets from UK makers are all pretty standard in size - usually 9cm high and 10.5 or 11cm wide when closed or 9cm x 22 cm wide when open.

Interestingly, wallets by Italian makers like Il Bussetto seem to be slightly wider (or longer, if you prefer), as they tend to be a cm or two longer when opened. Obviously, there are variations between individual manufacturers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.