1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Australian Members

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by earthdragon, Nov 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nolvadex

Nolvadex Well-Known Member

not sure if it is still on sale but MJ Bale had the Tobias jacket for $100

Id link it to you but the website is broken

2. MrMangle

MrMangle New Member

Thanks, only problem is that I'm in Adelaide so would have to go to DJ's with their limited stock list. Might give it a try though, any other suggestions?

3. LTM

LTM Well-Known Member

Pediwear are also very helpful with sizing. I once read on SF that they advised someone to fax an outline of their feet! Re Loake size I am also the same as my RMW size.

4. kayhill

kayhill Well-Known Member

You can buy it online if their website comes back up. It was still on sale last week.

5. MrMangle

MrMangle New Member

Yeah may do that, are their jackets similar fitting across their line? Might try something on tomorrow to get a size.

I may try to pull a sales assistant away from their chit chat to help me. However unlikely that may be.

6. thebrownman

thebrownman Well-Known Member

Their website is back up. They have the Tobias Jacket in sizes 42, 44 and 46 on sale for $100 in the navy colour.

7. AriGold

AriGold Well-Known Member

Hi Guys, I'm going to be in london for work over the next 2 weeks. What are some must see/do and must buys! cheap luggage or C&J shoes perhaps?

8. Oli2012

Oli2012 Well-Known Member

Don't go to the Tower of London or that stupid London Dungeon place. they fail unbelievably hard.

9. Foxhound

Foxhound Well-Known Member

What Oli? The Tower of London was awesome!

10. herringbonePete

herringbonePete Well-Known Member

I'm also a minimilist; in black I only wear plain shoes, a sort of unembroidered Oxford - I'm not even a fan of a toe cap.

So I have 2 pairs in black, one a Chelsea boot - and then brown suede and leather full brogues and a chukka in suede, with a RMW brown is all I need, or want.

Hate my wardrobe on most days, I have to share a small space with my wife...

11. acinod

acinod Well-Known Member

So I've been trying on some RMW Craftsman. It was truly my dream to try a pair of these on but when I finally did, I realise I don't like the look at all.

I know these shoes will be the most comfortable things I wear in my life and the quality is amazing but they just look weird to me. Is it because they're too plain, they kind of look like a lump of brown mass.

[​IMG]

12. jmills

jmills Well-Known Member

Yeah it may well be. I've always felt they look a bit goofy when you look down, even though they do look good from the front or side (including your pictures from that perspective). I've always wondered if other people feel that way actually, but it has never come up.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  13. Oli2012

Oli2012 Well-Known Member

When I went it was set up like a murder mystery 'who dun it?' that only a limp-wristed, celebrity culture like England could manage.

Look okay to me. Is that a wide size?

Combos I'd do:
    - Blazer, bone jeans, button down and blazer
    - Harris tweed, moleskins and button down
    - Levis, plaid western and a light grey hoodie (personal fav)

14. kayhill

Personally I'm not a fan of RMW. Too bulky around the waist of the shoe for my taste.

15. acinod

acinod Well-Known Member

It's size 8G so just regular.

Now that I think about it, maybe it does just looks horrible from the wearer's point of view. I had someone there with me and they never said it looked bad. But still I just can't get over how lumpy it looks from above. Think I'll go with Red Wing Beckmans for my go-to-walking-do everything boot instead.

16. kayhill

My advice is if you don't like them straight away, chances are you'll suffer buyer's remorse and you just won't end up wearing them.

So yeah, go for the shoes you like immediately.

17. ryanohare

ryanohare Well-Known Member

I was in London last week and it was 29 degrees. It's 9 degrees currently in Melbourne.

The world's gone and got fucked.

18. DartagnanRed

DartagnanRed Well-Known Member

Someone will be sure to blame this on Abbott, probably Geoffrey Firmin.

1 person likes this.
  19. ovlov

ovlov Well-Known Member

Pretty sure I saw exactly what you were looking for in a store in regent arcade last week for about $150 I think. Sorry I don't know the name of the store as my mate was doing the shopping and wasn't paying much attention.

20. JimmyHoffa

JimmyHoffa Well-Known Member

I've been trading wheat futures, capitalizing on short term volatility created by the vicissitudes of the Southern Oscillation Index. Despite trying a new strategy of combining bull spreads with barrier down-and-in contracts, I'm still losing out to the market makers by several basis points. Suddenly I feel like I can't afford a pair of shoes.

Fucking Weather.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.