• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

California Dreamer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

CW, that looks very nice.

I've always preferred the idea of a navy knit tie with red dots (ie the mirror image of your tie) but, having seen your photo, I'm beginning to reconsider as it is a very nice look.

Actually the mirror image of CW's tie would still be red with navy dots. :D.

Sorry

Marbles

Reaction score
Good point, CD - perhaps I should have said "polar opposite" or something similar, instead!

Inverse would be a winner

/nerdhat
teacha.gif

fxh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Oh, I didn't realise it was mostly in jest, my bad.

well not quite - call it cognitive dissonance - or tolerance of ambiguity in ideas - etc etc - two things at the same time -

In real life I both care a lot about what people (men in particular) wear and why and how they wear it and at the same time I don't give a bugger what anyone wants to wear - but be prepared for me to offer my opinion and in certain (work) circumstances I might suggest, with a polite but deadly serious tone, that you go home and change.

The Ernesto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

well not quite - call it cognitive dissonance - or tolerance of ambiguity in ideas - etc etc - two things at the same time -

In real life I both care a lot about what people (men in particular) wear and why and how they wear it and at the same time I don't give a bugger what anyone wants to wear - but be prepared for me to offer my opinion and in certain (work) circumstances I might suggest, with a polite but deadly serious tone, that you go home and change.

Tell us more about that guy with tatts who works for you and gets sent on special 'missions'.

fxh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ernesto - volunteering? -

Can you pass the physical and psychological tests or are you getting too old. I'm not sure I could sign off on your return to the field.

I'll be sending blahman to do the tests and run the gadgets and supply.

Let me know if you think you are up to it

The Ernesto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

ernesto - volunteering? -

Can you pass the physical and psychological tests or are you getting too old. I'm not sure I could sign off on your return to the field.

I'll be sending blahman to do the tests and run the gadgets and supply.

Let me know if you think you are up to it

:rotflmao:

Intriguing offer, but definitely too old. And the thought of having blah put me through my paces is a little....scary.

JimmyHoffa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gentlemen

I am heading to Melbourne from Saturday through Wednesday. Managed to snag a table at Attica on Saturday night, restuarant looks mildly dodgy, anyone eaten there? Of course, going to head to Florentinos, Merchant, MoVida, Cumulus, Ladro and Vue De Monde if I am lucky. Anyone else got any other suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads