1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Australian Members

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by earthdragon, Nov 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PapaRubbery

PapaRubbery Well-Known Member

LM if nothing else, you've mastered the SF robo pose!

But the suit looks good. Pull up your pants though.

2. fxh

fxh Well-Known Member

You get lucky ?

On a Thursday night in Mildura?

Good one.

3. iSurg

iSurg Well-Known Member

Nice navy, dude

4. LonerMatt

LonerMatt Well-Known Member

Life achievement = unlocked.

1 person likes this.
  5. Henry Carter

Henry Carter Well-Known Member

Matt, agree with FXH about the trou. See the bunching on your back thigh on the side shot? That tells me that either a) the back balance is off, b) they are a bit loose or c) they need pulling up. I suspect c. I don't know that you want them any slimmer, a bit shorter maybe but that may be remedied with C.

Perhaps the coat could have an extra 1-2 cm length for your next commission, but the trousers may be swaying that with the lower crotch making it look shorter. I reckon tomorrow take some photos with some natural light, dressed with a better shirt, tie, shoes and it will give us a better idea. But I'm sure Rob will put you on the right path. It's pretty rare, almost impossible that a MTM suit doesn't need any little adjustments.

6. LonerMatt

LonerMatt Well-Known Member

I completely agree with the trousers - I'm sure I was just excited to play dress ups.

It's also possible that standing in a weird way while contorting to the side threw off the balance. I'm really beginning to see how difficult it is to take a decent photo.

It's embarrassing, but I'm not sure I own a better shirt. Most of mine are pretty fail whale. I think I'll have to use my OCBD (which actually has appropriate sleeve length and fits well) next time, but that needs a wash first.

7. Petepan

Petepan Well-Known Member

Nice colour Matt. Agree with comments by others re the pants. But it would be great if you can get more pics for us!

8. Romp

Romp Well-Known Member

Agreed with the comments above.. It is the trouser length that I think needs a closer look . Thankfully we can see you in June to suss it out and to fine tune your fit.

Last edited: May 16, 2013
  9. PapaRubbery

LM did you get some amazing lining? That's half the fun, surely.

If I remember correctly, Romp had camo lining in one of his suits? I trust this means that Suit Shop will offer some fun lining options? he asks, praying :D

10. TehBunny

TehBunny Well-Known Member

^ Something to match your hair perhaps.....:p

11. PapaRubbery

Question my hair again! I dare you, I double dare you mother fucker, mention the wig one more goddamn time!

12. Romp

Romp Well-Known Member

14 plain colours standard, and "special" linings such as the camo that are in limited quantities Also was it you asking the mills we use? Loro piana, Ariston and barbera are the common ones Also showed Patrick your fit pic LM... "pull up your pants at the back" was his advice ;)

13. Henry Carter

Ok guys quick review of my Kamakura shirts. Owning my own company now I wouldn't normally do these anymore but seen as quite a few asked I'm more than happy to.

To draw a conclusion at the start, they are basically bloody perfect for me. The new york slim cut has nice long sleeves (91cm for a 41), and a really nice long body as well, slim through the waist and chest without being tight, It's near on the fit I have already from Cottonwork, but that's just me of course.

Collar roll fresh out of the box is fantastic, as is the tie space which is something almost all BD makers get wrong. I can only imagine the roll will get better as it's washed a few times and wrinkled up. The fabric is also softer than I expected. I got both shades of blue, the lighter and slightly darker version, which I'd call the classic oxford blue colour.

My one criticism is the darts at the back. Given how long according to their blog they worked on getting the collar right it's disapointing that they didn't spend some more time on the waist and getting rid of the darts. Anyway it's a small critique and overall not a major issue for me. Although I don't wear pockets on my shirts they just seem right on OCBD's as does having a placket. Anyway, I took a few photo's as well -

Cheers
    Jason

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  14. Henry Carter

DP

Last edited: May 16, 2013
  15. fxh

fxh Well-Known Member

16. PapaRubbery

It was me indeed.

Good to hear re; the mills. Special linings is what I'm all about, though.

Looking forward to more pictures :)

17. UnnamedPlayer

UnnamedPlayer Well-Known Member

Button point is way too high, needs to be lowered an inch or so.

18. Oli2012

Oli2012 Well-Known Member

Is that an oxford weave? nice!

19. thebrownman

thebrownman Well-Known Member

Gilet: The Vest A Man Can Get

This is the vest I've got. I'll stop now.

P.S. Shirt looks awesome Jas. Pity they have darts. As you say, not a deal breaker, but would've been nice for them to devote more time to finding a workaround.

20. Romp

Romp Well-Known Member

yes Oli OCBD = oxford cloth button down

Jas - shirt seems good value - whats the interlining/fusing like on the collar? stiff/soft/non fused?

Also show us a fit pic ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.