• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

thebrownman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shouldn't have crossed out so much text. Looks very ugly on screen. Sorry Lennier! :)

Romp

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
wow andy tom loafers on Viva Luxury

the chick is hawt
drool.gif

The Ernesto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm thinking the same way Gerry. Not sufficiently certain I'll like the style once I try it to go top end initially. In fact I'm not baller enough to generally see the value in high end versions of inherently casual and uncomplicated items, so PS's surplus finds might be the starting (and possibly finishing) point for me!

Still need some attitude with a surplus M65.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Nice Rob, nice.

Why the hell have you lengthed the sleeves? Also, how come you measure from the collar - isn't there a signicantly increased margin of error?

Anyone that has bought a HC shirt and an O&J shirt, could you please compare the differences in sizing?

Gentlemen, I am contemplating one of these umbrellas:  . They look quite nice. Anyone got one?

I find that the HC is a lot slimmer closer fitting than the O&J but then I have a HC blue check business shirt and the O&J is the white OCBD and I did go the XL in both shirts.

Also a photo of the Sam Browne
URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/89/beltk.jpg/]
[/URL]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I put some leather conditioner and saddle soap on it which it just soaked up. Does anyone know the best way to get a shine on this?

Last edited:

Selvaggio

Reaction score

Sounds fantastic Sel.  Look forward to couple of pics.  Did they have many sizes left when you there?

Last one in that combo. Just picked up from the tailor today. This is a bit of an experiment for me - while I have a couple a DB blazers I wear, I haven't had a DB suit since ...some time in the (early) nineties, I think.

It has quite a strong shoulder and is a little blocky on me. Will see how I go - might get it nipped in a bit - I like the formality of it, but don't want to look like the "great wall of suit".

I had a nice half week in MEL. Checked out Sole Devotion. They carry Sander and Mark McNairy. I don't know what purists would say, but I thought the MMcN's were fantastic. Super light-weight, but goodyear-welted. Funky-coloured suedes, but traditional constuction and styles. Very comfie. I don't have much need for casual footwear like that, but I really like them. And props to the staff there. Super helpful and knew their stuff. I didn't want to buy anything, but they were happy for me to try stuff on for quite a while and kept a record on file of what fitted and what my fit issues are, in case I want to order anything from Sydney in the future.

Popped in to Herringbone as it was near my hotel and spoke with a couple of the guys in there - including Christian, whom I recognised from MEL members' posts. Nice fellow.

Checked out the sale at Luisa's. Nice shoes - frosty, uninterested service. Prices were okay, but I couldn't find anything in a dress shoes that fit acceptably. I may be over-reacting, but having tried on a 44 (too small), when I asked if they had any bigger sizes the reaction I got was as though I had asked if they supply gum boots. Plenty of tod's and carshoe loafers at around $200, but I wasn't in the market for them.

Saw the MJ Bale store but didn't call in as it was closed for the evening - but I called into the little bar across the lane and had a quite ale by myself and read the paper - one of the little perks of business travel being that odd hour here or there you get entirely to yourself.

The Ernesto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Checked out the sale at Luisa's. Nice shoes - frosty, uninterested service. Prices were okay, but I couldn't find anything in a dress shoes that fit acceptably. I may be over-reacting, but having tried on a 44 (too small), when I asked if they had any bigger sizes the reaction I got was as though I had asked if they supply gum boots.

The sell Hunter weillies in the women's store. That's what probably confused them.

burnso

Reaction score
Nice Rob, nice.

Why the hell have you lengthed the sleeves? Also, how come you measure from the collar - isn't there a signicantly increased margin of error?

Anyone that has bought a HC shirt and an O&J shirt, could you please compare the differences in sizing?

Gentlemen, I am contemplating one of these umbrellas: . They look quite nice. Anyone got one?

Hey Michael, yeah those umbrellas do look good.
I have been eyeing off a 'London Undercover' brolly (http://www.endclothing.com/ymc-x-london-undercover-internal-print-umbrella.html) which are apparently great...

Romp

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
cool trousers

JimmyHoffa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got paid today, so I thought I might try an O&J red chambaray on the reccomendation of all you other SF mob.

Fingers crossed it does me well.

I can't really compare with the XL HC and the XL O&J - I am an xs to a small in both shirts :p.

Romp

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Personal delivery service because it is Christmas ...

More importantly
Carmina Simpson last captoe semi brogues
O&J navy chinos
O&J white OCBD
O&J laundry bag
biggrin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads