1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Australian Members

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by earthdragon, Nov 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. g-banger

g-banger Well-Known Member

no worries mate - jump on the bay and pickup a spring bar tool.

here is a good example of speedmaster on different straps.
    http://forums.watchuseek.com/f20/bracelet-nato-leather-my-speedy-pro-168785.html

user guides on how to.
    http://gearpatrol.com/2012/04/10/timekeeping-how-to-change-a-watch-strap/
    http://www.wikihow.com/Change-a-Watch-Band

just make you buy the correct strap, i think you would have a 18MM head.

good luck!

2. aussiejake

aussiejake Well-Known Member

What's the link to the eBay store/double sided brush? http://stores.ebay.com.au/Kentbrushes is that it?

What's the width of the tie?

You can change up watch straps on pretty much all watches. Pretty easy, especially NATO straps.

3. lennier

lennier Well-Known Member

Anyone else get the Kimber email and think that the link button text was either a strange artistic choice somewhat out of character with the rest of the email or that whoever did it for him forgot to remove the test text and will now be looking for another job?

4. Romp

Romp Well-Known Member

i swap the nato's on my sub all the time - once you get the bracelet off the spring bar you put the spring bars back in place and then just thread the nato of choice on chosen day .. no more tools required. About a 30 second job

If you were after leather straps you will need a good spring bar tool (to prevent slipping + scratching lugs) to swap it out each time.. about a 5 minute job.

I use to switch out straps on my panerais all the time but still i ended up scratching the lugs... and the radiomir was a pain in the a55 to unscrew and screw each time so didnt bother in end

5. andrewjamesdean

andrewjamesdean Well-Known Member

I recently picked up a Bergeon 6767f tool for changing my watch straps, it works like a charm and appears to be of excellent construction. I don't think it's going to break any time soon, and the tips are replaceable if/when they do finally bend.

Check out eBay, it cost me about $35 shipped from France from memory.

I've got my eye on a very nice pre-owned IWC Mark XVI at the moment, just trying to convince the wife that I do in fact need another watch...

6. thebrownman

thebrownman Well-Known Member

I think I regret buying my black Carmina's because as pretty as they are, they confirm my dislike for wearing black shoes.

In other news, does anyone know of any vouchers or discounts that can be used for Kent Wang? I'd like to pick up a couple of things.

7. Geoffrey Firmin

Geoffrey Firmin Well-Known Member

TBM this is where i could say, "I'll take them off your hands because I like black shoes" but no. Sadly your feet are too small. (sigh)

8. Plestor

Plestor Well-Known Member

Quick release spring bars are where its at <20s to swap bands. No scratches too easy... :slayer:

NB: some people have problems with them... but I haven't had any so dunno.

9. Dusty Brogues

Dusty Brogues Well-Known Member

Another satisfied customer! I will get my hands on a spring bar tool and start researching watch bands, really excited....

Thanks again gents! A solid day to all!

10. Naka

Naka Well-Known Member

A PSA for the Brisbane boys. Richards and Richards is consolidating and closing the Chermside menswear. The café will remain, but to clear some stock we are having a sale.
    The shirts are all $49, or 3 for $125. They're nothing special by SF standards but are solid basics if the cut suits you.
    The real bargains to be had are the trousers, jeans and casual shirts by Borrelli and Faconnable.
    Shoot me a PM if you'd like specifics and measurements, I'm happy to proxy.

11. Gerry Nelson

Gerry Nelson Well-Known Member

Yes, that didn't quite gel with the rest of that email.

12. jaypee

jaypee Well-Known Member

I had a search of this thread, but anyone had experience with Luxire?

13. joiji

joiji Well-Known Member

Yesm.

14. jaypee

jaypee Well-Known Member

Did you submit measurements, or just send over an item for replication?

15. fox81

fox81 Well-Known Member

i did some shirts via measurements

16. Dusty Brogues

Dusty Brogues Well-Known Member

Hi Mate,

Off memory, l remember members stating that its recommended to send in a garment of perfect measurement, and use that to replicate. It's initially more $ due to postage, however but in the long term it's a winner....

17. joiji

joiji Well-Known Member

I've done both shirts and pants via measurements. Pretty decent turn around time for both. Nice construction for the price on the cheaper fabrics, plus being able to ask for whatever you want in regards to customisation is nice.

18. jaypee

jaypee Well-Known Member

Awesome, ta all!

19. Geoffrey Firmin

Geoffrey Firmin Well-Known Member

From the SMH

Iconic bush brand sells off 49 per cent stake to global luxury brand but pledges to keep manufacturing here.

Iconic Australian clothing and footwear brand R.M. Williams will remain in Australian hands despite the purchase of a 49.9 per cent share by an affiliate of global luxury goods brand Louis Vuitton Moet Hennessy (LVMH).

And R.M. Williams chairman Ken Cowley, whose family owns the remaining 50.1 per cent controlling stake, says the new part-owner has agreed that the company will continue to manufacture its products in Australia.

“R.M.Williams will always manufacture quality product in Australia. Our new partners share our commitment to protect and develop this fundamental element of our business," he says.

The Cowley family - headed by the former News Ltd CEO - took over full ownership of the brand when its founder, Reg (R.M.) Williams, died in 2003. Cowley bought out fellow shareholder Kerry Stokes and privatised the company.

The LVMH acquisition was fronted by private equity fund L Capital Asia, with the transaction expected to be completed next month along with the naming of new board members.

The full or partial sale of the company is believed to have also attracted the attention of Oroton, while Myer and Solomon Lew's Premier Investments were also thought to have been approached.

R.M. Williams already exports to 15 countries, has stores in London and New York and is carried by 900 retailers around the world, but Cowley says he hopes LVMH will help take the brand to the next level.

"Partnering with L Capital, which is sponsored by one of the globe's most prestigious and revered brand companies, LVMH, will allow the R.M.Williams name to reach its full potential," Cowley says.

"R.M. was one of my closest friends and I promised him in 2003 before he passed that I would take his legacy to the world."

Cowley describes R.M.Williams as "part of the heritage and fabric of the Australian way of life".

"It is a brand that we can all identify with. We are committed to the R.M.Williams legacy and are ensuring the future growth of this company by aligning with L Capital, which is sponsored by one of the globe's most authoritative luxury groups, LVMH," he says.

R.M. Williams joins LVMH bulging portfolio of brands that includes fashion labels such as Christian Dior, Givenchy, Louis Vuitton and Marc Jacobs. Other brands include watchmaker Tag Heuer, jewellery maker Bulgari, and wines and spirits giants Moet & Chandon and Hennessy.

LVMH declined to comment.

20. TheWraith

TheWraith Well-Known Member

Like I said before, RM would be turning in his grave right about now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.