1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Australian Members

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by earthdragon, Nov 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Romp

Romp Well-Known Member

Good to see it arrived safe! Sometimes I worry how AusPost treats parcels. Wear it well.

2. Journeyman

Journeyman Well-Known Member

With regard to RTW clothing, doesn't Herringbone have a store in Perth (not that their recent ranges have been particularly great)?

I think that P.Johnson Tailors visits Perth on occasion, staying at the Duxton Hotel on St George's Terrace so, if you're inclined towards having something made-to-measure, you could avail yourself of their services.

3. Prince of Paisley

Prince of Paisley Well-Known Member

Yes I just bought a raincoat. I'm now expecting the strongest El Niño on record to develop in the coming months.

4. Pink Socks

Pink Socks Well-Known Member

I am sick of this heat here in Melbourne (yes, you have said that already Pink Socks!) so decide to buy a few summery items (Common Projects being the most recent example). It seems to finally be working as the cool change is due overnight. I do not really need to stock up on any winter items (except some gloves from Henry Carter) so, follow this theory, this should mean a bit of cooler weather on the way for Melbourne....Woohoo!

5. JimC

JimC Member

Thanks Journeyman. Yes, I'm pretty sure there's a Herringbone in town. I'm hoping to find something a little more rounded in its approach. Henry Bucks like I suppose. I think I know the answer to that though. The thing is, I just haven't had as much luck with P&C as I'd like and I'm after options that don't involve a five hour flight.

As far as P. Johnson tailors go I'll keep my ear to the ground for the next visit as yes I am inclined towards MTM. IN fact, that is what prompted the first part of my query. I have actually gone down the MTM path very recently and I can't say I'm pleased with the result. I'm hoping to find a credible tailor who can give it to me straight before I pop the whole thing in a Post Pack and get the tailor to do it over. The biggest issue is that I am very time poor and need this back in time for my wedding... My fiancée has already told me that there is no way she'll let me wear it the way it looks now. The killer is that it was exponentially more expensive than her whole outfit minus rings.

I need help and fast! My post in the Tailors thread doesn't seem to want to make it on line. I'll cross my fingers it appears soon.

Cheers guys.

6. Gerry Nelson

Gerry Nelson Well-Known Member

So it was you!!!

Thanks!

7. California Dreamer

California Dreamer Well-Known Member

I washed my car last Monday and am going to a wedding on Friday, so am doing my bit to bring on a cool change.

8. fxh

fxh Well-Known Member

Just got my burgundy cords and a cheap warm jacket for Japan trip in a week and a half. Trying to keep weight and luggage down minimal.

Doing spring cleaning.
    Can say WD40 looks like the go for getting engine grease off cotton sheets.
    Still working on possum in roof.

Good to see that at least some people are wearing socks even though they are surprised there is a hole in them. Should only be a hole one end. Thanks to PoP for advice on how to put them on - don't move too fast for the student PoP.

9. burnso

burnso Well-Known Member

Yes I am over this heat, but I will miss many great things once winter's here.... short shorts and summer dresses mainly [​IMG]

10. Gerry Nelson

Sounds very good. Have a safe journey and hope to hear a report once you return.

Where did you get the burgundy cords from?

Last edited: Mar 12, 2013
  11. Henry Carter

Henry Carter Well-Known Member

Just checked the weather for here and next week we are down to 5-6 overnight and low 20's for the day. Much nicer when suited up all day.

12. jmills

jmills Well-Known Member

I think PJ direct their Perth customers to the tailor above Parker's if any adjustments are needed, so you might want to give that place a try.

They are coming back to Perth in the next few weeks, and I highly recommend them, if you are able to get a suit made in time for the wedding.

There is also MJ Bale in Perth if you decide to go RTW.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2013
  13. mattc

mattc Member

There's Herringbone, MJ Bale, Canali. Or if you want MTM or bespoke, there's a few other options.

14. absinthe23

absinthe23 Member

thanks PapaRubbery,

Sorry if this is a double up post (waiting for moderator to accept) do you find the Sienna still a slim cut or much difference with the Lazio & Sienna in the waist? - its 0.4inchs larger then the Lazio.

Is the extra money worth it from your perspective for the 130s in the Sienna?

15. LonerMatt

LonerMatt Well-Known Member

Hey guys, just a heads up - I recently bought an item from Italian Brand Esemplare. The item came incredibly quickly (sub one week) and was exquisite. Some of the better quality merino I've felt/experienced. Loved the styling and the colouring. Quite impressed with the quality of the fabric (from the little I know).

It was a tad too big, so I emailed Esemplare who are sending me a size smaller for no extra charge at all.

The item was already over 50% off, and the customer service was quick, friendly, helpful and exceptional (IMO).

Highly recommended (still a lot of winter stuff on sale), as I think they might be overlooked.

16. Vestment Baller

Vestment Baller Member

Have you tried Joseph Anthony Bespoke in Claremont? They offer a bespoke service although you may be pressed for time if your wedding is soon.

The Herringbone store is at the end of London Court (corner of St Georges Tce).

17. Gerry Nelson

The Kimber launch was brilliant! Fantastic seeing so many friends in the one place. Those who didn't make it out there missed a great night!

I am sure others will post some more soon and I'm looking forward to their accounts.

18. Romp

Romp Well-Known Member

saw a couple pics looked great!

19. CHECKstar

CHECKstar Well-Known Member

Woot! Made it to the thank-you message! (Kinda makes-up for been totally ignored by the lady-blogger...)

Last edited: Mar 13, 2013
  20. Gerry Nelson

First, Kimber Fine Footwear, next stop - Pitti!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.