1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Australian Members

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by earthdragon, Nov 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thebrownman

thebrownman Well-Known Member

I recently bought 2 MJ Bale suits for $1000. One of those is not actually part of the deal I think - I'm not sure of the name but it's dark blue/navy in colour (size 40R, 34 trousers). Brand new, everything - but I don't want it. Does anyone want to buy it? PM me and I'll send you pics :)

2. charliechan

charliechan Well-Known Member

Ice blue shirt for sunny days, white shirt for grey ones?

I think.. I have an addiction.. I have 3 suits to pick up from Patrick in the coming weeks... and I still want to order some more stuff

3. Geoffrey Firmin

Geoffrey Firmin Well-Known Member

4. Nicholas D C

Nicholas D C Well-Known Member

Interesting design compared to most other messenger-type bags; seems to be quite nicely laid out inside. Let us know when you get it and take a few pics of it in action!

5. bjd85

bjd85 Member

I had my second Rockit cut yesterday - they've definitely won a new lifelong customer. Great bunch of people, good cuts, relatively affordable, and they don't just cut your hair but also help teach you how to style it yourself if it's a new style (which mine was). Love the atmosphere too.

6. Romp

Romp Well-Known Member

That Tiger Woods banged a lot of women .. oh wait .. that was the previous year... lol

i laughed hehe
    damn TBM - next your in syd we should do breakfast .. and you are cookin!

7. Prince of Paisley

Prince of Paisley Well-Known Member

I agree with Rob; you can never really have too many white shirts. But there are white shirts and white shirts... The key of course is the texture of the fabric. The beauty of MTM is you don't need to settle for your average poplin weave. For example, I had a white shirt made with a chevron pattern in it. Must have driven the shirtmaker mad trying to match the fabric on the seams... You can also play around with weights etc. so some shirts are better for winter wear, some for summer and so on.

Not that you should only limit yourself to white shirts of course!

8. TehBunny

TehBunny Well-Known Member

Mmmmmm.....Bacon

9. DartagnanRed

DartagnanRed Well-Known Member

Speaking of messenger type bags, I woke up today with this puppy as a birthday present from my girlfriend:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Apologies for poor pics. Boy am I looking forward to this in 5 years.

1 person likes this.
  10. Romp

Romp Well-Known Member

you lucky bastard!

I really want a veg tan briefcase .. so far ive found this on il bisonte but it doesnt come in natural....
    [​IMG]

and this one is a brand called Frank Clegg ... anyone know of alternatives ? Main features i want is the round handles and the two straps down the side with an outside pocket plus zipper main section

[​IMG]

11. FredAstaire1899

FredAstaire1899 Well-Known Member

Old Angler. Vegetable tanned. Made in Italy. Very good prices.

12. Romp

Romp Well-Known Member

took a look - leather looks stiff and shiny - you bought one and happy with quality? Im not too concerned about price, im more about quality .. just looking for the "perfect" briefcase that I have conceived in my wacky mind lol

13. Prince of Paisley

Prince of Paisley Well-Known Member

Four letter word, rhymes with scam...

14. fxh

fxh Well-Known Member

I've just finished his book How Music Works - highly recommended if you are a muso or music nerd.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2013
  15. Nicholas D C

Nicholas D C Well-Known Member

Ah the Il Bisonte Magritte - looks beaut.

16. Gerry Nelson

Gerry Nelson Well-Known Member

So, are we still meeting for drinks this Friday? If so, what time are we meeting and where?

17. FredAstaire1899

FredAstaire1899 Well-Known Member

Sorry for the four letter words, I was in a hurry lol.

I have seen them in person, and yes they are waxed to a shine, but I certainly believe they are veg tanned and they aren't corrected grain if that's what you were thinking. Vince Maloney carry their bags if you want to have a look. They are a member of the http://www.pellealvegetale.it/ consortium for traditional Italian leather. While the site says they are full grain, they are not the thickest leather, definitely not bridle. I contacted them for more images of a particular model and they sent me some. I would have purchased it if I didn't have other priorities atm. While some models appear better quality than others, I wouldn't be too concerned about the low price as I've had relatives pick up ladies wallets for not much money in Florence with leather and construction that easily rivalled (or exceeded) bags like Prada.

If you want a bespoke bag you could contact Tanner Bates.

Let me know how you go, I'm definitely after something similar to you.

18. Geoffrey Firmin

Geoffrey Firmin Well-Known Member

Got it as aniversaey present off the wife last September, want DB autograph on a packet of Doritos :D

19. Henry Carter

Henry Carter Well-Known Member

All this talk of nice bags is making me fee inadequate. I only have a 50 metre walk from the car to my office and a laptop to lug in, so I must confess to using a crappy, work provided case logic laptop bag instead of something nice. One day.

20. Oli2012

Oli2012 Well-Known Member

I use one of those cheap billygoatdesign sachels. No RMW saddler's briefcase for me :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.