• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

fxh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Back home. Change out of suit and tie.
Home cooked Corned Beef sandwich, mustard - coffee (from freezer). On back deck in sun. Book arrived on verandah. Ivy Style - Radical Conformists. Quick squiz over lunch. I can say that coffee and crumbs wipe off the shiney pages well.

Ready to go back out in car. Changed into "Something Completely Different", Khaki chinos, OCBD unironed, brown belt, Brown suede RM chukkas/boots, white OTC socks.

Last edited:

lennier

Reaction score

Combined with the aforementioned perfected method for freezing/thawing. Most attempts won't be as successful but GF's may well be, I don't know. Earlier well-designed studies I've seen have been less neutral on the effects, too. FWIW I'm a scientist by training, so I do follow the evidence. Bottom line is it's possible to freeze freshly roasted beans and thaw and use them later with (subjectively) no perceivable effect, but why risk it (unless you're travelling to the arctic and can't take a roaster :) ). Hence I don't recommend it. But if there's no perceivable difference to the particular consumer, that's all that matters. We return you to your regular (style) programming.

sliq

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I make my special blend of coffee in the office.

Nescafe Blend 43.

it's the only way.

Petepan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just received my Epic shoe trees from Endless. Normal shipping, actually pretty fast.

Observations:

1. My trees are medium, and they are already slightly too big for my Meermin size UK 8.5 Hiro lasts. They fit Loake UK 8 though, so go figure that out.

2. Stated on the box Made in the USA? Weird, the website said they are made in China. Same diff I suppose.
3. Virtually same quality with the Herring trees, except for the expandable toe area.

I am happy and all set where trees are concerned.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Nescafe Blend 43.

it's the only way.

Obliviously your off your meds.

Mind you a Dr friend of mine will only drink International Roast (will not call it coffee) he became addicted as an intern. Poor soul.

Gerry Nelson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All,

A few of us in Melbourne are meeting up for drinks tomorrow night. I should have posted this before but I've been slack.

Come and join us for a drink if you're free.

Details:
Friday, 21 September at The Aylesbury (103 Lonsdale Street Melbourne VIC 3000 (03) 9077 0451) from 7pm onwards

thebrownman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Nescafe Blend 43.

it's the only way.

Wow, I have it so lucky. We get weekly delivery of beans from Sensory Lab and have a very good machine in house.

thebrownman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

All,

A few of us in Melbourne are meeting up for drinks tomorrow night. I should have posted this before but I've been slack.

Come and join us for a drink if you're free.

Details:
Friday, 21 September at The Aylesbury (103 Lonsdale Street  Melbourne VIC 3000 (03) 9077 0451) from 7pm onwards

Gerry et al, enjoy tomorrow your sartorial get-together tomorrow evening :)

(I won't be able to make it along)

Petepan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Obliviously your off your meds.
Mind you a Dr friend of mine will only drink International Roast (will not call it coffee) he became addicted as an intern. Poor soul.
Might be technically correct. I have been told that is not coffee, but chicory. Don't know whether it is true.

TheWraith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Might be technically correct.  I have been told that is not coffee, but chicory.  Don't know whether it is true.

I drink Caro (which is a malt/chicory drink from Germany) and tea mostly. My wife is allergic to caffeine, so I've learned to live without it.

The Upright Man

Reaction score

Combined with the aforementioned perfected method for freezing/thawing. Most attempts won't be as successful but GF's may well be, I don't know. Earlier well-designed studies I've seen have been less neutral on the effects, too. FWIW I'm a scientist by training, so I do follow the evidence. Bottom line is it's possible to freeze freshly roasted beans and thaw and use them later with (subjectively) no perceivable effect, but why risk it (unless you're travelling to the arctic and can't take a roaster :) ). Hence I don't recommend it. But if there's no perceivable difference to the particular consumer, that's all that matters. We return you to your regular (style) programming.

What area of science if you don't mind me asking?

Also, does anyone here know where I can get some decent quality navy shorts for casual/beach wear? I like the look of Orlebar Brown shorts on Mr Porter but $180 for a pair of polyester shorts is outrageous. Side tabs or not...

blahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
68E41EB5-AD7E-463D-8AC6-74C1C05B0408-251-0000000FF02B603E_zps61b3090f.jpg

More of the same again today. I surprise myself how conservative business dress I usually am.

rhubarb jam

Reaction score
Coffee snobs, just last weekend I experimented with roasting my own beans.
The machinery used? A $28 Breville Popcorn maker with slight modifications. I'm not sure if it relates to the fact I roasted them myself, or whether they are indeed well roasted, but I can't get enough! Definitely worth a try, the worst that can happen is that you're left with a popcorn maker and some burnt beans!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads