1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Attack! Attack! Attack!

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by dsmolken, Mar 9, 2009.

1. mensimageconsultant

mensimageconsultant Well-Known Member

"Finally, I have donned my Prince of Darkness suit, which is formal enough yet shows that I also have a darker side. This is comprised of a black velvet jacket, a black leather vest, a black suede dress shirt, another of my Grandfather's silk ties, a black leather belt, black dress slacks, and black leather boots."

He is going to get real hot, real fast. I don't even want to imagine how sweaty he's going to get wearing that.

That's true. However, unless the picture is very misleading, his description is inaccurate and the vest is gray. Which makes the look better than it would if it were black. With the dress shirt in another shade of gray rather than black, the top part of the outfit wouldn't look bad. Except for the fit, of course. To his credit, he's being true to his metalhead personality while suited up.

Also, in the second picture, he's wearing a blazer suit. Apparently he thinks that an odd jacket plus odd pants in a similar color makes a suit [​IMG]

2. Zenny

Zenny Well-Known Member

3. Phlexrayon

Phlexrayon Member

love this line.
    "this suit is a little too formal for going out in society."

the weather is getting warmer so now he can shorten the sleeves.

line of the day .. "the weather is getting warmer so he can shorten the sleeves"

priceless.

4. Magman

Magman Member

I can just see him standing there happy as can be...in a sleeveless suit. As to the idea that thinking about how you dress is sufficient, I must respectfully disagree. Simply thinking about something doesn't imply that you have come to a correct answer. Admittedly, fashion is much more subjective than many things, but still, the gold leotard is always wrong.

Call me old fashioned but hey, he gets an A for effort in any case.