1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Atsui Tokyo - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, May 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member

I'd like to welcome Atsui Tokyo, a boutique specializing in Japanese streetwear, as a new Styleforum affiliate. Labels difficult to find outside of Japan, like Man of Moods and Mister Olive, among others, are featured. I think that slimmer guys are going to find this store a godsend.

The online store is at www.atsuitokyo.com

Jay is offering a 20% discount on regularly priced goods. Please see the website or PM him (he will be posting shortly as "Atsui") for details.

Cheers,

Fok.

2. whodini

whodini Well-Known Member

I'd love to hear any experience people have with the brands featured here. Some of the stuff looks pretty cool but it's hard to tell if it lives up to the pricepoint.

3. Who?

Who? New Member

I have handled a few pieces from Mr. Olive and Man of Moods. The quality/construction was good, the pieces fit great if you are in favor of a slim silhouette. Overall the labels seem to warrant the price as they use pretty decent materials and the designs are wearable but not pedestrian.

4. WayneGibbous

WayneGibbous Well-Known Member

What - exactly - is cutting edge about this website's fashions?

5. Jay-D

Jay-D Well-Known Member

Hello, this is Jay at Atsui. We are excited to be a part of the forum.

We offer 20% discount to all styleforum members on regular priced items. You can get this discount by telephone, e-mail, or on our online shop.

Via our online shop, when filling in your last name, type your last name, followed by a hyphen (-) and the words "Stylef" to get the discount. For example, if your last name is Smith, type "Smith-Stylef." We will go into our system and manually give the discount.

For those visiting our physical location in Seattle, please say you are a styleforum member at the register for the 20% discount (please do so discreetly).

We offer free shipping on domestic orders of over $100 after the discount, otherwise $10 flat fee will apply. For overseas, free shipping on orders over $200 after the discount, otherwise $30 flat fee will apply.

Please PM or e-mail me directly at jay@atsuitokyo.com with any questions.

6. stickonatree

stickonatree Well-Known Member

^hi jay,

i look forward to visiting your physical shop sometime soon, and welcome to SF! it's a fresh change in seattle when i can actually buy clothes (trying them on first as well) which are modeled for asians, as opposed to americans!

7. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member

What - exactly - is cutting edge about this website's fashions?

A lot of what makes the styles carried at Atsui different from things you can find at most American and European stores is in the materials and the details. For example, I tried on a Man of Moods blazer over the weekend that is meant to fit super tight so that a pattern of square and circles stands out when you stretch an arm forward. Or, there were a pair of highly distressed Man of Moods jeans that, when you look at the underside, you see that both the warp and weft are dyed blue, so the wear pattern is actually a 3 dimensional dye job using a caramel ink and then a darker ink. There was also a hoodie made of a very spongey ramie/polyester blend that was very interesting.

The trims and construction of the pieces tends to be top notch as well. For example, the Mr. Olive zippers are all riri.

A lot of these details are much easier to see in person than over the web.

8. Jay-D

Jay-D Well-Known Member

Atsui Tokyo is almost 1 year old and we are beginning to celebrate with our first Anniversary Sale which officially begins on Saturday June 7th. The best discount we have on summer collection items is the standard 20% discount, but there are many previous season items that will be discounted between 20-75% off. We are really busy preparing for the sale and discounted prices will not start to appear on our online shop until after the weekend. I want to give everyone here first shot so if there is anything of interest, PM or e-mail me.

9. timpoblete

timpoblete Well-Known Member

Atsui, regarding Fok's comments below about details and materials easier to see in person, would you be able to post pics of said features on the website? Most of the pics that are up show how the items fit, but the details can't be seen. Closeup shots of what makes each item stand out would be very helpful to those not familiar with the brands.
    A lot of what makes the styles carried at Atsui different from things you can find at most American and European stores is in the materials and the details. For example, I tried on a Man of Moods blazer over the weekend that is meant to fit super tight so that a pattern of square and circles stands out when you stretch an arm forward. Or, there were a pair of highly distressed Man of Moods jeans that, when you look at the underside, you see that both the warp and weft are dyed blue, so the wear pattern is actually a 3 dimensional dye job using a caramel ink and then a darker ink. There was also a hoodie made of a very spongey ramie/polyester blend that was very interesting. The trims and construction of the pieces tends to be top notch as well. For example, the Mr. Olive zippers are all riri. A lot of these details are much easier to see in person than over the web.

10. Bona Drag

Bona Drag Well-Known Member

Much respect Fok; you are one of the smoothest operators on the internets.

And it's probably still not enogh for me to recant my philosophical opposition to pre-distressed jawns, but this sounds goddamned incredible:

there were a pair of highly distressed Man of Moods jeans that, when you look at the underside, you see that both the warp and weft are dyed blue, so the wear pattern is actually a 3 dimensional dye job using a caramel ink and then a darker ink

11. Jay-D

Jay-D Well-Known Member

Timpoblete - Thank you for the advice.

We unfortunately only have 4 photo spaces available on our online shop, but we do post more close-up detail photos and include further information about the product and designers on our blogsite, www.shopatsui.blogspot.com. We will work on posting more photos of close-ups and details in the future.

If anyone is interested in detail shots of a specific item, please PM me and I can post here on this thread.

12. Jay-D

Jay-D Well-Known Member

I didn't have time take photos, but I want everyone to see this denim Fok is talking about. It is spectacular workmanship. This Japanese site has some good photos. Check the following link, http://www.matou.jp/SHOP/M08SPT12ST.html

Here is the item from our online shop, http://shop.atsuitokyo.com/scripts/p...detail&SKU=601

Our item is #601, Man of Moods "Used" Straight Selvage Denim. This is how the designer explained the process to me. The denim first goes through a blast process with the use of sand particles followed by a Bio wash to eliminate any roughness on the surface. Then it goes through a mulit-dye process where the underside is dyed dark blue and the front surface is then "over dyed" with a beige color to create the vintage look. The denim is then given dimensions by adding the whiskers and wrinkling.

13. Jay-D

Jay-D Well-Known Member

Sorry for the wait. I have taken some pictures of the MofM denim Fok has talked about:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. rocks

rocks Well-Known Member

Hey Jay, my stuff just arrived, thanks! Now boys, I ordered a Mr. Olive b/d shirt, the one in the link below in size medium and it fits superb but a bit tight in the arms so please be careful what sizes you order because these things really run extremely small. I might return it for a large but I'm not sure yet since these shirts are suppose to fit tight. http://shop.atsuitokyo.com/scripts/p...detail&SKU=625 I also ordered this Mofm t-shirt in the link below in size 3 and the fit is just right, no complaints..... http://shop.atsuitokyo.com/scripts/p...tail&SKU=330.1 For reference, I'm approx 5'10 150lbs.......[​IMG]

15. chronoaug

chronoaug Well-Known Member

Rocks- What size do you normally wear in tshirts? Does that tshirt you bought still fit drapey like on the model? That's one of the items i was most interested in. Thanks.

16. rocks

rocks Well-Known Member

I wear a small in most tees and polos eg Hickey, BS, shades of greige etc etc I wear a medium in the Gunz tees but those are Japanese too. The Mofm tee does fit drapery like on the model. The Mr. Olive shirt is the one that's tight in the arms since I have muscles. Still I had no problem buttoning the last button at the neck, which is why I don't know if I should return it for a large. hmmmmm

17. Jay-D

Jay-D Well-Known Member

Mr. Olive is tight by Japanese standards - strong Dior influence. For a bit of a comparison, Hysteric is more of a American cut and a small t-shirt by Hys is larger than a Mr. Olive medium. Another comparison, I wear medium t-shirts by Hys and Large t-shirts by Mr. Olive which are tight and I am 6' 170 lbs. I cannot fit into a button down by Mr. Olive as I am too broad in the chest. Hoodies, t-shirts, polos, and most jackets fit me perfect in size large.

Mr. Olive did start making XL for us this spring/summer collection on cut & sew only. XL should work for someone about 6'2" 185 lbs. That is about the max size on any tops.

Please e-mail or PM me before ordering. I would be glad to give more specific dimensions or additional photos.

18. chronoaug

chronoaug Well-Known Member

What about Man of Moods tshirts in comparison to those.

19. Jay-D

Jay-D Well-Known Member

Here are a couple of my photos wearing MofM 3. I am 6' and 170 lbs. I can fit into most of MofM 3 but can't fit into a few really tight MofM 3 jackets. I feel very comfortable with MofM 3 cut & sews; I like the fit - but then, I don't like loose fit. See the difference b/w my fit and Kylan's fit (on our web). It depends on what look you want. Some of our customers do get one size up for layering or for a loose fit; some prefer a tight fit.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. Deluks917

Deluks917 Well-Known Member

I'm 5'8 and my weight goes from like 140 - 145 pounds, I'm fairly athletic but by no means built.

How would a size 2 fit (what I'd probably get) in your opinion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.