1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Ask Me About Magic

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by Nouveau Pauvre, Sep 18, 2008.

1. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Well-Known Member

Here is an online photo album from the event - I am waiting on my own images.

http://essentialeye.com/galleries/A-Barack-cadabra

I should be easy to spot - only guy with a pocket square. (I also am wearing a black suit and a black tie and have a bit of unfortunate facial hair)

I have already received one big booking as a result of being seen there, and we raised over 21,000 dollars that night!

Damn magic man, you really are a Jew. [​IMG]
    Very cool though. Glad you're gettin some other exposure too.

2. humza

humza Well-Known Member

Here is an online photo album from the event - I am waiting on my own images.

http://essentialeye.com/galleries/A-Barack-cadabra

I should be easy to spot - only guy with a pocket square. (I also am wearing a black suit and a black tie and have a bit of unfortunate facial hair)

I have already received one big booking as a result of being seen there, and we raised over 21,000 dollars that night!

Looked like fun!! Wish i could have been there...!

I'm looking at picture 10 of your slide show, and it looks as if you have some chalk or powder on your suit! Magic really does get dirty, doesn't it?? Unless I'm dumb and it's actually not there..[​IMG]

3. Nouveau Pauvre

Nouveau Pauvre Well-Known Member

Easy to see pictures:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I will be doing a public show in DC late December at the Historic Sixth and I, check back for more information.

4. Teger

Teger Well-Known Member

go matthew lesko

5. NaTionS

NaTionS Well-Known Member

Who's the guy dressed like he's from those free money commercials?

6. Nouveau Pauvre

Who's the guy dressed like he's from those free money commercials?
    He is the genuine article. Mr. Lesko was a delightful person, as was his wife and son. I have to say, despite the rather loud pattern, his suit was very well-tailored. He lives in Rockville, MD incidentally.

7. whodini

whodini Well-Known Member

Hope you lit a candle and drank a tall, slow bourbon Friday night.

8. crazyquik

crazyquik Well-Known Member

I have to say, despite the rather loud pattern, his suit was very well-tailored.

I guess the Riddler-pattern isn't very popular in ready-to-wear.

9. Nouveau Pauvre

I feel very validated.

The high-end restaurant that I was in negotiations with for a regular performance gig, that had said they would have "loved to have me in better economic times," turned out to be telling the truth as they just shuttered their doors.

10. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Well-Known Member

Bump. We want the video in here.

11. Nouveau Pauvre

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

12. rach2jlc

rach2jlc Well-Known Member

^You rule. And you can take me to lunch anytime. [​IMG] Just don't use your magic to try and steal my wallet.

13. Nouveau Pauvre

^You rule.

And you can take me to lunch anytime. [​IMG]

Just don't use your magic to try and steal my wallet.

Rach you are a sweetheart. I might have to do another one for you. Soon I'm going to have to make a video for all the SF gheys (does LK count?)

14. rach2jlc

rach2jlc Well-Known Member

Rach you are a sweetheart. I might have to do another one for you. Soon I'm going to have to make a video for all the SF gheys (does LK count?)
    Until LK has declared his out-ness in a letter to Prof Fabulous, he is not to be "trusted" as a true-blue (or true-pink) Ghey. One must follow certain protocols when coming Out.

15. PCabrelli

PCabrelli Well-Known Member

16. Nouveau Pauvre

^ Call Barry Taylor of Barry's Magic Shop in MD. Tell him Natan sent you.

17. Nouveau Pauvre

[​IMG]

An homage to my magical role model.

18. Nouveau Pauvre

"Dear Natan Thanks for your interest, we (line redacted) based at Miami and we have around 23 cruise ships which are sailing from Los-Angeles, Newyork,Miami, Europe etc., Ships sails to Caribbean, South America, Europe etc., We need close-up magician on board the ship to work in the restaurants and in the bars. The salary would be around $(salary redacted). The medical, insurance, accommodation, food etc., will be taken care by the company. If you are interested or need more details please feel free to mail me back. (name redacted)" The plot thickens! I'll keep you guys posted. Still very early in the game, but this could turn quite exciting.

19. VKK3450

VKK3450 Well-Known Member

"Dear Natan

Thanks for your interest, we (line redacted) based at Miami and we have around 23 cruise ships which are sailing from Los-Angeles, Newyork,Miami, Europe etc., Ships sails to Caribbean, South America, Europe etc., We need close-up magician on board the ship to work in the restaurants and in the bars. The salary would be around $(salary redacted). The medical, insurance, accommodation, food etc., will be taken care by the company.

If you are interested or need more details please feel free to mail me back.

(name redacted)"

The plot thickens! I'll keep you guys posted. Still very early in the game, but this could turn quite exciting.

Thats really great man, I hope that it happens for you. As long as you got a bit of free time and use of the facilities, working on a cruise ship for a while would be pretty cool!!

K

20. oDD_LotS

oDD_LotS Well-Known Member

No questions, but I just wanted to mention that that sounds like a great opportunity.

P.S. I finally picked up An Expert at the Card Table.