1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Master-Classter, Sep 28, 2008.

1. jrd617

jrd617 Well-Known Member

1 person likes this.
  2. kv18schn

kv18schn Member

Hi all,

New here. My name is Kyle. I have been trying to track down this jacket, or a jacket similar. I trekked throughout Italy in hope to find it, but to no avail. Can anyone locate me to a model similar to this? Also I have interest in the scarf as well.

[​IMG]

And one more thing, anyone know where I can find a pair of shoes similar to these? My budge is tight so I'm looking for something under $150.

Thanks in advance.

[​IMG]

3. othertravel

othertravel Well-Known Member

Hi Kyle,

The sport coat looks like a Cucinelli or Canali Kei. If you're budget conscience, I've seen Corneliani diffusion sport coats in a similar style; take a look on eBay.

For the boots I'd check out AE. They're having a clearance which includes boots similar to the one in your pic.

Welcome to SF.

4. btromano

btromano Member

Looking for a great Tailor in Los Angeles.

I have Suits and Sport Coats from Kiton, Brioni, Oxxford Clothes, etc., both new/unaltered and items that need adjustments.

I have tried two Tailors here, Custom Tailors for alterations previously, and they were not very good

5. dragon8

dragon8 Well-Known Member

With cream but not chocolate

6. E TF

E TF Well-Known Member

I would guess that that's not a sports coat but a light-weight top coat.

7. MarkSilber

MarkSilber Member

Rack Suit Makers - Which Offers Classic Look Short of Custom? Nothing Glued; Nothing Too Trendy

Just as the perfect sailboat doesn't exist, I suppose the perfect rack suit doesn't, either. Rack suit makers come and go; trendy design dictates glued fabrics; materials are so thin, moths are hungry; one steam buck does the work of many, eliminating the traditional rolled lapel. If you drool at David Letterman's suits, then you'll appreciate this thread. The object is to identify a rack suit maker who gets close to a David Letterman look without paying for custom tailoring. By the way, does anyone know who makes his suits? I've guessed Sulka or Brioni ...

I'll begin by nominating our American suit maker, Hickey Freeman. Their line is classic. It gives the wearer a "look" you can spot from across the street. While lapels are moderately rolled on their website, I find their suits hanging on racks to be flat-pressed. In recent years fabric selections have dwindled, extra material for alterations is gone, and almost every suit is what we used to call, "summer weight." Please share your thoughts to open my eyes to other makers offering a Savile Row look from an upscale rack suit. Let's see what you suggest. Thanks!

8. Claghorn

Claghorn Well-Known Member

If a woman buys you some Hober ties for Christmas, you marry her, right?

1 person likes this.
  9. onix

onix Well-Known Member

Talking about tie. As an action.

10. KObalto

KObalto Well-Known Member

Sulka? You might find this thread helpful: http://www.styleforum.net/t/140387/the-styleforum-working-hierarchical-suit-quality-list-sfwhsql

11. Xpolishguuuy

Xpolishguuuy Member

My first Therad / I need ur help guys!
    Hey guys I really need ur help but i have a little problem.. I dont speak good english :D
    Some of my friends told my that my style is ''boring''..
    I always wears the same outfits because i cant find any more :X
    My outfits are all like this:

-Short or Long-arm Tshirt or Polo ( White or Black )
    - Blue skinny jeans with holes
    - Black boots or white sneakers
    - Black belt
    - Black or white watch + white or black bracelet

Now i bought this blue boots:
    http://de.tommy.com/Aaron/FM56814708,de_DE,pd.html
    ( You can change their coulour on the right side )
    And i dont know what should i wear with them?
    I mean i always used the same belt & the same shoes colour...

Is my style really so boring? :D
    What could i change?
    I like to wear elegant clothes & not swag sh** :D
    ( I'm 18 by the way )

Thank u guys & i hope u understood my text :D

12. RichH

RichH Member

Sorry to cross-post this but I was responding to someone specific as well as asking some questions.

As a British expat working in Spain, the input of a native Spaniard could be really useful. I'm looking at shoes for business, is there a generally accepted style or recommendation for businessmen in Spain? Is it similar to us brits perhaps?

Because I tend to work with many clients from all over (like Mexicans, Spanish, Dutch, Norwegians, Russians, Chinese, Americans, etc), how can I tailor my image to suit broad interpretations of style in business, maybe someone can offer advice on this?

Thanks!

13. dapperdoctor

dapperdoctor Well-Known Member

You can keep the same basic style, but maybe you should mix up the colors a little bit. Try new colors and mixing different shirts, pants, shoes, and belts. This topic might be better in the Streetwear and Denim section since this section is more for dress clothes.

14. AZsundevil

AZsundevil Well-Known Member

So I just tried to post this but I'm not sure if it worked because I can't see it.

I know this is a total noob question but I am new to all of this. I have a pair of chinos that need to be lengthened about an inch. Incidentally, there is about a one-inch hem inside the trouser legs. Could I simply rip out the seam and roll down the hem? Would the ends of the trouser legs look "unfinished" as a result? Again I know this is a noobie question but I'm just now maturing past my "Jeans and T-shirts" phase so this is new to me. Thanks!

[​IMG]

15. hoit1981

hoit1981 Well-Known Member

Wondering if a decent tailor can get pleats out of suit trousers?

16. Winston S.

Winston S. Well-Known Member

Generally a decent one should be able to.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2012
  17. Gnome

Gnome Member

Those look great. Thanks!

18. spiritd

spiritd New Member

19. dragon8

dragon8 Well-Known Member

1 person likes this.
  20. Badandy

Badandy Well-Known Member

Looking for some chukka boots that are $300 or less. I tried on the Alden unlined chukkas and they were fantastic. Very comfortable, great suede quality, and most importantly, they looked sleek. Chukkas tend to have these bulbous toe boxes and these Alden's did not; they were great. Unfortunately I'm not willing to spend $460+tax on chukkas, so if anyone could recommend something high quality that might be equivalent that would be great.