1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Master-Classter, Sep 28, 2008.

1. Spurious

Spurious Well-Known Member

What's the take on TM Lewin and CT Shirts?
    Which one should be preferred over the other?

2. Ich_Dien

Ich_Dien Well-Known Member

Harvie & Hudson.

3. Sanguis Mortuum

Sanguis Mortuum Well-Known Member

Ugh, any two of those colours and they might be wearable spectators, but all three is just too much.

4. Paul5588

Paul5588 Member

For those of us who wear a suit without a tie to work, should our shirt collars be button down or not? Is either acceptable?

5. ellsbebc

ellsbebc Well-Known Member

I would call it personal preference. The only time I pull a button down from wardrobe is a OCBD worn casually. If opting for a dress shirt, the collar absolutely cannot be a floppy vagina

6. HansderHund

HansderHund Well-Known Member

Sorry, I just can't get on board with these if they were giving them away...they look like a pair of shoes that a costume store would give you when you rent a gangster outfit. I'm just a guy on the internet though, so go for them if you like them, just don't be blinded by the discount!

7. El Argentino

El Argentino Well-Known Member

Yes - this.

If you would not pay full price for it, getting on sale isn't likely to result in more wears or greater enjoyment.

8. CalTex

CalTex Well-Known Member

details on your watch strap (and watch)?

I don't like them, too much going on IMO.

9. Liquidus

Liquidus Well-Known Member

I'm looking for a single sided card case that isn't just plain calfskin. I don't really like the look of alligator. Does anyone have thoughts on this or buffalo leather?

BB Buffalo Slim Card Case

Last edited: Jul 10, 2012
  10. RicPac

RicPac Well-Known Member

so i finally decided to not skimp on an all around navy blazer, anybody can tell me where i can get a good one?? under 500 is preferably

11. StormRider

StormRider Well-Known Member

I found the DKNY slim suit pants in 30x30 fits me perfectly, but I have a really hard time finding it not as part of the suit, anyone know where I can buy the these not as part of a suit?

Thanks.

12. repsakC

repsakC Member

What does it mean when a suit has a "high twist"? I'm running into it while looking at some online stuff whose quality/trustworthiness I can't count on, so it'd be nice to know if that's actually a "thing". Is it the same as saying a high gorge?

Thanks!

13. Spurious

Spurious Well-Known Member

How do there slim fit shirts compare to the Tailor Fit CT shirts?
    The slim fit shirts are usually not that slim and the CT tailor fit is fitting me perfectly.

14. E TF

E TF Well-Known Member

It refers to the type of yarn used to weave the cloth; nothing to do with the cut of the finished garment . High twist yarn is harder and stronger than "low twist": fresco is a high twist cloth, flannel a low twist. As i understand it, it has to do with the angle and tightness with which the separate strands of wool are woven together to make the yarn.

I suggest you lurk on the forum for a while longer before you buy anything...

15. dufferin1

dufferin1 Well-Known Member

Hi everyone,
    Received my Sutor's the other day and wore them for the first time. They are very slippery and nearly fell in the super market (I wasn't drunk) haha. Is there anything I can do to perhaps lessen the slipping of the sole? I am fairly new to high end shoes.

Regards,
    Mario

16. Gibonius

Gibonius Well-Known Member

Scuff up the sole on the pavement.

17. logan858

logan858 Active Member

i made a thread then saw this one afterwards, asnyways, here's my 2 questions:

"ANYWAYS, i'm still learning tons, and i run into new questions all the time. yesterday i ran into two things i was wondering about.

1. what is a taped armhole? I saw it written on a shirt tag, a fairly cheap leo chevalier shirt, with a number of other things and had never heard that term used before.

and 2. what are sport loops on a pant? and what distinguishes sport loops from other loops? it was advertised in our coppley spring 2012 catalogue on a pant. I *assumed* it must be some sort of configuration of the belt loops, but really, it's the first time i've heard people talk about the loops of a pant.

thx SF, hope u guys can help me out :)"

18. Zaeon

Zaeon Member

ty for the reply. I'll just return the jacket. My sizing is weird-- the small is a little bit big/drapey and the xsmall is a little tight.

19. LokStock

LokStock Member

Thinking of using a navy 120s basketweave wool for an everyday business suit (for law firm), what are your thoughts?

20. IsteRed

IsteRed Well-Known Member

The watch is Kolber, the strap also.