1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Master-Classter, Sep 28, 2008.

1. onix

onix Well-Known Member

Pretty much they will open the whole tie, refold (with trimming if necessary), and sew it back. Your end product will be in original fabric but TieCrafters' craftsmanship, which is pretty good.

2. Spurious

Spurious Well-Known Member

Anyone recommendation on a great location to buy cuff links in London?

3. Dashaansafin

Dashaansafin Well-Known Member

Any recommendation on a all around good suede loafer? Planning to wear it with dark jeans/chinos. Something versatile. Price is under $400. Thanks for any suggestions!:slayer:

4. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Well-Known Member

I have a charitable event Friday night that states the proper dress is "Business Attire." Any problem with wearing a pinstripe suit to the event?

5. Bob5432

Bob5432 Member

Hey guys, new here.

I have a few questions, but I'll try to ask them 1 by 1.
    I was wondering if I needed to match my belt with my shoes. Not color wise, but brand wise?

I'll be wearing a pair of Ferragamo shoes with their signature silver buckles (not sure how you call them)

http://www.saksfifthavenue.com/main...tore+Ferragamo&N=1568+306418205&bmUID=jsQQ146

and I want to use a Mont Blanc belt.

Does having two different logos look bad?

Thanks alot!

6. 12345Michael54321

12345Michael54321 Well-Known Member

You'll be fine in a pinstripe business suit. Yes, some purists hold that pinstripes are only appropriate for work, and not for social functions, but as a real world matter nobody is going to make an issue of it.

Of course, if you have the choice between wearing, say, a solid navy suit and a navy pinstripe suit, you might want to wear the former. Just so you won't worry yourself over the whole "Is my suit okay?" matter. But honestly, nobody's going to think you're some uncultured barbarian, simply because you're wearing a pinstripe suit to a charitable event on a weekday evening.

Frankly, I wouldn't be shocked if more than a few of the male attendees showed up wearing chinos, sport shirt, and no tie or jacket. Because "it said 'business attire,' and that's what I wear at work." Seriously, depending on the nature of the event (a significant factor, to be sure), this would not surprise me one bit - I've actually seen unfortunate stuff like this at various functions. So don't you worry about something as trivial as your pinstripes.
    --
    Michael

1 person likes this.
  7. pelforth

pelforth New Member

Hi, new here and hopefully I'm doing this right.

I was hoping someone could help me. I am looking for more super-ultra soft collared shirts that I can wear a tie with. I have a few Alfani 60% Tencel, 40% cotton shirts that are some of the softest shirts I have ever felt in any category and they are perfect suit/tie shirts (white/light blue). However, I haven't found anything close since I bought those.

Any advice on where to purchase super-ultra soft collared shirts would be greatly appreciated.

Note: I live in SW Michigan so options are limited although Chicago is somewhat close.

Thank you.

8. Gauss17

Gauss17 Well-Known Member

Success or Fail?

Oxxford Med. Grey Suit
    Lavender BB shirt
    Four in Hand Tie (purple/silver)
    KW white linen PS w/ light blue edge

[​IMG]

9. Lazytiki

Lazytiki Well-Known Member

Harvie and Hudson are sold out of almost all their nice shirts. How often do they restock? Also, how much better are those shirts compared to Charles Tyrwhitt

10. tubs

tubs Well-Known Member

I don't think this got answered previously and was wondering the same thing. Thanks.

11. amathew

amathew Well-Known Member

Are there any brands similar to J.Press who product similar suits but in a modern cut. Preferably in a $500-$700 range.

12. E TF

E TF Well-Known Member

What's your budget?

13. Steve Smith

Steve Smith Well-Known Member

Define modern cut.

14. amathew

Around the BB Milano fit. Don't want it to be too modern, but JPress just makes suits w/ too much room.

15. Dingusberry

Dingusberry Well-Known Member

Where can i get some selvedge rawdenim jeans with skinny legs?

16. cptjeff

cptjeff Well-Known Member

From the Streetwear and Denim forum.

1 person likes this.
  17. amathew

I only own one pair of jeans, but it seems that people over the the streetwear section rave about G-Star, APC, and Naked And Famous.

18. Dingusberry

Dingusberry Well-Known Member

I dont know anything about G-star, but APC's skinniest jeans (PS) and Naked and Famous are not very skinny.

19. ethanm

ethanm Well-Known Member

Anybody know a trench like this that doesn't cost 1,695?

[​IMG]

20. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Well-Known Member