1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Master-Classter, Sep 28, 2008.

1. RicPac

RicPac Well-Known Member

looking to buy a suit, wanna go the tailor/designer route instead of OTR. What are aome good mid range price brands?700 or lower

2. patrickstyle

patrickstyle New Member

I'm looking to buy a suit for mainly weddings/funerals as my current one fits horribly I've now found out after some research. I'm wondering what my luck or options would be at a mens warehouse type store with my size (which I'm not sure of). I'm about 5'11" 195 athletic build and I'd guess chest would be in the 40-42 range? Would I have a lot of options finding something off the rack or any suggestions of what to look for or feel, in the fit? Also wondering what type of quality I would want to get since this will probably only be worn 3-4 times a year. So it doesn't need to be an everyday suit in terms of durability, but I don't want it to look extremely cheap obviously.

I'm hoping to find something decent in the $300-500 range and then bring it to a tailor friend of mine to fit it better. I don't want a $1500 suit, (actually I do, I just can't afford to pay for one) but just something that looks nice and fits extremely well. Any advice for a fashion-impaired guy?

3. stu00a

stu00a Well-Known Member

Anyone been to RL outlet in Woodbury Commons? not PRL outlet where they sell ponys.

Any suit selections?

4. Lazytiki

Lazytiki Well-Known Member

Can someone explain to me flat front pants and pleated pants. Is one more fashion and the other traditional? Younger/Older etc.

Thanks

5. JubeiSpiegel

JubeiSpiegel Well-Known Member

I'm looking for quality Italian bit loafers that are offered in wide sizes, any suggestions? I am also looking for good suede chukka boots in wide sizes, something with a slender cut. Anything in the $400 - $500 price range for each, thanks.

6. Sanguis Mortuum

Sanguis Mortuum Well-Known Member

Pleated are considered at the moment, by the general public, as less fashionable and for older people. But this doesn't mean they can't be worn, you just have to be careful with the cut and make sure they fit well.

7. Mike147

Mike147 Well-Known Member

Does anyone know of any Austrian or Hungarian Be-Spoke Shoemakers that travel to the US to measure clients? Thanks...

8. NOBD

NOBD Well-Known Member

Pm member fritzl.

9. Mike147

Just did - Thanks...

10. fritzl

fritzl Well-Known Member

now, i have to kick my fellow countrymen into their ass to get them into travelling. i'm not jesus :D :cheers:

11. NOBD

NOBD Well-Known Member

Hey, I'm opening a new market for them. They should send me some shoes to thank me.

12. bigant2984

bigant2984 Member

i just bought a pair of navy socks with, light blue, stripes, a checked pattern

my question is can they be worn with black shoes ?`

13. noobedloser

noobedloser Well-Known Member

anyone know of any decent places i can get a cheap tailored suit in LA/OC area for around $100-200?

14. Mike147

What color are your pants? That should be the main driver.

15. Unsanforized

Unsanforized Active Member

Does anyone know anything about the CIT Luxury 1939 brand?

16. noobedloser

noobedloser Well-Known Member

can anyone recommend any decent dress shoes no more than $50?

17. Texastyle

Texastyle Well-Known Member

Check the buying and selling section of this former or ebay. For 50 bucks you are going to have a tough time finding things in stores.

18. mymil

mymil Well-Known Member

Like Texastyle suggested, eBay. For $50, you could probably find a decent pair of used Florsheims. Set up a search that includes your size and save it so that you get an email with new listings daily.

19. Chillax

Chillax Well-Known Member

Bought new at retail- no way.
    Used- sure. I have quite a few pairs of shoes i have bought off Ebay for $30-60 that go for 300-400+ retail. Excellent shoes in very good condition

20. Jose Mendez

Jose Mendez Member

Has anyone heard of a MTM company recruiting people and making them pay for their training??? Ive never been with a company that didn't foot the bill for any training, does this sound like a scam???