• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

koolside

Reaction score
Originally Posted by milkisgood
What is a good shirt color for a dark grey pinstripe suit?
This will be worn as business professional for interviews or similar events.

You never can go wrong in a solid white. Light blue is also a good bet.

officeboy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by koolside
You never can go wrong in a solid white. Light blue is also a good bet.

+1 those are the classics. I've just tossed out 1/2 my regular dress shirts to make space for more white and light blue.

officeboy

Reaction score
Too pointy? It's about 1/2 an inch longer then my next longest shoe.
Here it is with a converse and a pair of Clarks DBs (and my foot in x-ray style).

svd

Reaction score
Originally Posted by officeboy
Too pointy? It's about 1/2 an inch longer then my next longest shoe.
Here it is with a converse and a pair of Clarks DBs (and my foot in x-ray style).

Is your concern that the shoe looks too pointy, and as a result too big. Or the fit?

From this perspective it doesn't look like a clown shoe. Space around the toe shouldn't matter for fit.

officeboy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by svd
Is your concern that the shoe looks too pointy, and as a result too big. Or the fit?

From this perspective it doesn't look like a clown shoe. Space around the toe shouldn't matter for fit.

The fit (width, heel etc.) is great, there is just more toe then I'm used to.. I know there is a lot of hate on the pointy toe around here so I figured if I didn't get shot for posting this then I would be safe from these being too pointy/long.
I'm also a lot more used to the whole aldo/kennith cole square toe.
blush.gif

TRA8324

Reaction score
I just bought a beautiful pair of Edward Green MTO whiskey shell cordovan wingtips off of B&S. They are a 9D on the 606 last. Will I have any trouble fitting into these with my US size 9.5D feet?

krspdla

Reaction score
Hey guys, quick question. I was at Harry Rosen earlier to see what size I am in AE Park Avenues. the 10.5s fit me well lengthwise, and she was mentioned that they were regular width. What's regular width? A D? or an E?

BoomDiggs

Reaction score
Originally Posted by krspdla
Hey guys, quick question. I was at Harry Rosen earlier to see what size I am in AE Park Avenues. the 10.5s fit me well lengthwise, and she was mentioned that they were regular width. What's regular width? A D? or an E?

The middle width is D

cptjeff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by officeboy
The fit (width, heel etc.) is great, there is just more toe then I'm used to.. I know there is a lot of hate on the pointy toe around here so I figured if I didn't get shot for posting this then I would be safe from these being too pointy/long.
I'm also a lot more used to the whole aldo/kennith cole square toe.
blush.gif

I'm not that big on the pointy toes, but those look a billion times better then the KC/Aldo snow shovel toe.

Certainly they're of a certain aesthetic, but if you like that aesthetic, go right ahead. Just be warned, they'll look comical with trousers that have rather narrow openings, since both aspects will exaggerate the proportion of foot size to leg size.

mm84321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Should I pick this up? http://cgi.ebay.com/4150-Rare-TOM-FO...ht_3214wt_1132 I've wanted that particular sport coat since I first saw it at the Madison Avenue boutique a few years back; luckily, this one is in my size, and at a reduced price. The cerulean blue is probably my favorite color, however, how versatile do you think it will be? Are there a fair amount of options to pair with a jacket like this? I'd like to be able to get my money's worth out of it, but I don't want to wear it like a uniform every time with white pants as shown in the lookbook:
models3-36399.jpg
Thoughts/opinions? edit: To those who have experience with Tom Ford jackets, is base D the slim cut? I can't remember the bases and their coordinating letters, but I know from trying them on that the slimmest cut fits me best.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by in stitches
i have always worn sneakers, or a casual slip on type shoe (canvas or leather) with jeans. im thinking id like to try a suede chukka type boot. i have never owned a pair in my life. any suggestions. all brands and price ranges welcome. thanks.

tried this in sw&d only got one response (was a good one though) any thoughts here?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads