1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Master-Classter, Sep 28, 2008.

1. sqweegle

sqweegle Well-Known Member

I just came across this: Also, Hyperion seems like an interesting brand, anyone have any experience with it?

Quelque'un? There is absolutely no information to be found about this brand. Is it at all obtainable i Europe?

2. UncleCozy

UncleCozy Well-Known Member

Hello SFers

Can anyone recommend me a nice navy cotton/chino suit? I have a wedding to go to in a about a month and a half and I was looking to wear something other than wool. (I've been scouting BS, but nothing for a 40R)

The only one I can find that is easily accessible is this JCrew suit one, but if anyone else has some other input it would be greatly appreciated. I looking for a slim/trim look but on the timeless side, so not something with razor thin lapels that is more of a fashion type look.

I also looked at indochino, but I cant find Navy cotton option.

Price range would be around the Jcrew one I guess (400ish)

Thanks in advance guys!

http://threedifferent.com/online-clo...-suits-man.asp

Only a brown one in a 50 though.. [​IMG]

3. ArsenalDan

ArsenalDan Well-Known Member

Consensus re shoes from Barney's private label?

Thanks!

4. Gibonius

Gibonius Well-Known Member

I just got a new suit, and the pants are a few inches too large in the waist. There's also some bunching in the crotch. If I get the waist taken in, should it take care of the crotch issue?

5. mm84321

mm84321 Well-Known Member

I just got a new suit, and the pants are a few inches too large in the waist. There's also some bunching in the crotch. If I get the waist taken in, should it take care of the crotch issue?

When you bring them to your tailor, I might ask them if they can do anything about the bunching up issue on its own, independent of taking in the waist.

6. CHECKstar

CHECKstar Well-Known Member

Belt loops are wearing out on my suit pants - I am going to have to get them fixed. That said is there anything I can do to avoid wear going forward? Note I sit on my ass all day for work.

7. mm84321

mm84321 Well-Known Member

8. BRMC_doves

BRMC_doves Well-Known Member

Does anyone own this Gitman Japanese organic shirt? I would really love to get my hands on the blue version, shown below, in a size small. Not feeling the other colour combos as much.
    If someone knows where I can find a shop carrying one (besides woodwood) please PM me. I really would appreciate it, thanks. I would also be open to buying one used if someone would be willing to part with theirs.

[​IMG]

9. cptjeff

cptjeff Well-Known Member

So to sum up the advice. Shades of blue, white or ecru and patterns thereof are ok. Everything else is no good for now? Thanks.
    Other colors are fine too, just keep them light. But stuff like pinks, yellow and green can be a little more touchy with skintone than blue, white or tans, and are more uncommon in general, so they don't often make a list of basics.
    My question is related with footwear. As we all know that Reebok has introduced new ReeZig shoes a couple of months ago in the Asian Market. Which colour combination will suite teenage boys more?
    May I recommend shoes with a design not based off of quackery and styled for clowns? You're asking on Styleforum. Feel free to give reebok money if you want, but there's no way to make those shoes look good. Hypermodern trainers seem like they're designed to look as ridiculous as possible, because them look over-designed, thus signaling to consumers how awesome and scientific they are, when they really just consist of a sheet of cardboard for the insole, a sheet of thin foam for the footbed, and rubber and foam bits glued in an interesting shape, maybe along with some hard plastic as an outsole. Made in china for 2 bucks and sold for $89.95.

10. Cant kill da Rooster

Cant kill da Rooster Well-Known Member

11. potemkin_city_limits

potemkin_city_limits Well-Known Member

Does anyone own this Gitman Japanese organic shirt? I would really love to get my hands on the blue version, shown below, in a size small. Not feeling the other colour combos as much.
    If someone knows where I can find a shop carrying one (besides woodwood) please PM me. I really would appreciate it, thanks. I would also be open to buying one used if someone would be willing to part with theirs.

[​IMG]

http://store.nomadshop.net/collectio...tstrpkyshrtblu

Try calling the stores in Toronto to see if they have any smalls in stock. The stock on the website is different than in store.

12. candycantaloupe

candycantaloupe New Member

First timer here. I wanna look cool for my girl. Give me some tips? She says I dress too sloppy.

13. Sanguis Mortuum

Sanguis Mortuum Well-Known Member

First timer here. I wanna look cool for my girl. Give me some tips? She says I dress too sloppy.

Dress less sloppy. Wear more tailored/fitted clothes. Make sure everything fits well.

14. iroh

iroh Well-Known Member

what does the CBD in "CBD WAYWRN: An Experiment" stand for?

15. utexas

utexas Well-Known Member

Can anyone recommend me a nice navy cotton/chino suit? I have a wedding to go to in a about a month and a half and I was looking to wear something other than wool. (I've been scouting BS, but nothing for a 40R)

BB has this navy cotton, Fitzgerald cut in your size. Narrow lapels, and above your price point at the moment, but assuming 30% off during the semi-annual sale, you could get it for around $420.

16. utexas

utexas Well-Known Member

what does the CBD in "CBD WAYWRN: An Experiment" stand for?

Conservative Business Dress

17. JamesX

JamesX Well-Known Member

Conservative Business Dress

And "What Are You Wearing Right Now"

18. JamesX

JamesX Well-Known Member

Dainite shoes are very giving. They are not as hard as rubber soles. I don't notice a difference between the two.

19. mrbig

mrbig Well-Known Member

Quick question for anyone who has a Belstaff leather jacket:

Do ALL of them have the metal badge on the lining? Is anyone sure of this? I'm looking at one now and despite having a receipt from a Belstaff stockist, it doesn't have a lining badge.

Thanks!

20. porcelain monkey

porcelain monkey Well-Known Member

Tuck in your shirt. Stand up straight.