1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Master-Classter, Sep 28, 2008.

1. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Well-Known Member

As in the cut or the fabric?

2. Isolation

Isolation Well-Known Member

Cut. Fabric seems fine. I don't own any but my brother had a rotation of them for work. He's not as slim as me and it's fine for him, but seems like it'd take some alteration for myself, and iirc you're on the slim side too. I haven't really looked into their slim fit shirts, but their slim fit blazers aren't really that slim fit. The correct shoulder size + sleeve length slim fit cotton blend blazer has enough room around the waist to make it double breasted, so I imagine most of their stuff runs slightly baggy to fit a wider range of body types as they don't have many different sizes in general.

3. IAmCaulfield

IAmCaulfield Member

[​IMG]
    So I need to wear a yellow or orange tie with this shirt for a wedding.... can anyone give me a hand on what kind of tie I'm looking for. I'm standing up in the wedding and wanted all the groomsmen to wear grey pants, a monochromatic patterned shirt and then necktie/bowtie/suspenders/pocket squares that are orange or yellow.

4. IAmCaulfield

IAmCaulfield Member

P.s. I'm open to any combinations of tie/suspender/pocket square suggestions. If you guys could show me examples of styles or patterns I can find things similar, I have to keep the cost down unfortunately.

Also I won't be wearing a jacket.

5. cptjeff

cptjeff Well-Known Member

How the hell will you be wearing a pocket square with no jacket?

Also, tie without a jacket is STRONGLY discouraged here.

1 person likes this.
  6. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Well-Known Member

7. NefariousSabatour

NefariousSabatour Well-Known Member

man, every part of that post is worse than the last.

8. bradp

bradp Well-Known Member

Ouch. Are you committed to an outfit or a theme? If not you should dial it way back and more simplistic.

9. IAmCaulfield

IAmCaulfield Member

Not sure if you guys read anything I said... I'm standing up in a wedding. A very laid back wedding. AND NOT MY WEDDING. I'm being told what to wear here. I'm not trying to dress like Cary Grant, I'd be dressed nicer than the groom. I was told to wear grey pants, black and white patterned shirt with yellow or orange accents. I found some now ties that I like so I think less tie is better here.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2014
  10. Gerry Nelson

Gerry Nelson Well-Known Member

This is saying that you're choosing all the outfits for the groomsmen.

They read what you wrote but it seems as if you didn't. If you had said in your first post, that you were being told what to wear, the answers you got might have been different.

For a start, you can't wear a pocket square without a jacket so drop that off the list.

You have to wear that shirt, grey trousers and something yellow or orange. The shirt is very strong so you need to dial it back elsewhere. I'd say forget the suspenders and choose a solid light orange tie from http://www.thetiebar.com/ties?color=orange&sortBy=Newest&pgSize=96 - prices are reasonable.

Maybe something like this - http://www.thetiebar.com/product/25113

[​IMG]

Linen makes it more casual as well. That's the best I can come up with, I'm afraid. Hope it helps.

11. ter1413

ter1413 Well-Known Member

12. ter1413

ter1413 Well-Known Member

:bounce2::rotflmao::lol::crackup: But please take and post pics. I need a good laugh....

13. lukejackson

lukejackson Well-Known Member

You can make your own, as i did.[​IMG]

14. lukejackson

lukejackson Well-Known Member

15. NefariousSabatour

oh no i read it. im just telling you thats it's totally awful. there is no saving that mess. i'd probably decline to stand up.

16. riverflow

riverflow Well-Known Member

If it helps at all, they look like derby shoes... I have no idea what brand.

17. riverflow

+1 on this. I'm a big fan of knit ties, so here's another option: http://thetiebar.com/product/14591

18. NefariousSabatour

they look like chukkas to me, but its also funny how this guy wants to buy a pair of shoes that he cant even really see.

19. riverflow

You may be right. The shoe shadow blends in with the pants shadow, so I can't tell, but there aren't any hard lines there.

I would suggest to the OP to spend some time poking through Allen Edmonds and a few other brands of shoes and find a pair he likes that look similar.

20. Isolation

Isolation Well-Known Member

Yeah I'd just get a nice pair of brown chukkas. I always recommend loakes vis pediwear so will here again.