1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Master-Classter, Sep 28, 2008.

1. arnathor

arnathor Well-Known Member

Is it just me or is the tie looking big against this suit? Personally, I think the tie looks like it is going to eat this guy's head.
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  2. mimo

mimo Well-Known Member

@thefastlife : yes, in this sloppy and decadent world it will be fine. Tuck your shirt in, wear a brown belt, and either the half brogue derbies or the loafers would work. But "smart casual" to me would suggest wearing a jacket, with or without a tie, and I'd lean towards the shoes with laces.

3. forbritisheyes

forbritisheyes Well-Known Member

Does a deep deep brown suit go very well with an asian man(me) of this skin tone?

I'm between [​IMG] and [​IMG]

This is the suit : [​IMG]

4. mimo

mimo Well-Known Member

It's a great colour. Wear it with pride.

5. abl

abl Well-Known Member

6. CruzAzul

CruzAzul Well-Known Member

I don't really see the appeal of polyester pocket squares.

1 person likes this.
  7. mimo

mimo Well-Known Member

They're all horrible. You can get a 12" silk square from The Tie Bar in a million different colours for ten bucks. And then you'll want one that's bigger and nicer. No. Don't encourage it.

8. forbritisheyes

Are you referring to me? [​IMG]

9. raelrubin

raelrubin New Member

Hi I'm just starting out collecting ray bans I love everything about them. Found this pair online and just checking if they're legit and what's a good price for them. Tried finding out about them and I couldn't find any information about them

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here's is what the description is

Vintage B&L Ray Ban USA

Model: Celebrities San Francisco Black G-15 Grey W1900

Includes case

Excellent Condition

Temple to Temple 5" Height 1 7/8"

Vintage sunglasses never worn . Because they are keep storage many years, may have or may have not sign of storage.

Anything will help thank you

10. Naphatw

Naphatw Member

Can I please have some opinion on this suit?

I am curious about the sleeves. Are the sleeves of the suit too long?
    Or are the sleeves of my (inside) shirt too short.

Please let me know what you think.
    Thanks,

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. bklyndoc12

bklyndoc12 Active Member

Hey Everyone, I was hoping for some feedback on my recent MTM experience with these gray flannel trousers. Any tips for the next pair?

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

Thanks in advance!

12. Sir Humphrey Appleby

Sir Humphrey Appleby Well-Known Member

First one, unless you're Hugh Heffner in which case go for number 3.

How high up my back should I wear a messenger bag?

13. Jojo Lapin X

Jojo Lapin X Well-Known Member

They are an ingenious invention, as they can be used to clean your glasses, tablet computers, etc. I would not wear them every day, perhaps, but they are ideal for long flights. Declan has much nicer ones, however.

14. forbritisheyes

Too tight around the seat, thighs and rise. I challenge you to wear them for a whole day and report back as to how comfortable it is to wear. You will NOT be standing all day so your trou need to be COMFORTABLE. I made this mistake with altering OTR trousers. I now have a 9" leg opening and ample room in the seat & rise without being tight. My rise has to be at least 11.5" cause I wear them below my navel.

15. ML594806

ML594806 Active Member

Point taken, thanks. It's a very light cotton suit but I'll bring a back up just in case!

16. bradp

bradp Well-Known Member

Forgive the silly question but can't get a solid answer...Does "CBD" stand for conservative business dress? If so, is that just the standard blue suit, white shirt, black shoes, etc?

What I ultimately am trying to find out is if i can wear double monks in a conservative environment (law firm) but didn't know if asking if they were "CBD" was the right way to ask it.

17. msulinski

msulinski Well-Known Member

It does stand for conservative business dress, at least on this forum. I doubt anyone else would know what you meant by it.
    Double monks are not CBD. There is an entire thread dedicated to it. I don't have the link handy right now, but you should be able to search for it.

18. Bryan2456

Bryan2456 Member

Just bought these but have not worn them. Are these toes too square?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. Isolation

Isolation Well-Known Member

They aren't but are widely accepted in most lawfirms from what I gathered. Of course the more pedantic people (AKA styleforum) may have problems with it, but eh.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2014
  20. 12345Michael54321

12345Michael54321 Well-Known Member

Look around your conservative environment law firm. Do some of the Senior Associates and Junior Partners occasionally wear double monks? If so, then it's probably okay to wear them, regardless of whether they're CBA-appropriate (which they technically are not).

If they're not wearing them, well, you can decide that you won't meekly follow - you will boldly lead! Just bear in mind that boldness carries certain risks. Particularly at conservative law firms.

(Don't concern yourself with what the Senior Partners are wearing. I presume you're not operating at their level, and they can do with impunity things for which lesser mortals would pay a high price.)