• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

AE7

Reaction score

To a point, the temperature is irrelevant. Spring/summer and fall/winter are generally grouped together. Despite the average temperatures being similar, fall and spring have a very different "feel," which is why we typically wear different clothes.

Thanks, I suspected there is a conceptual divide inbetween these seasons.

VAMC

Reaction score
I am a size 9, how do I know how to pick the size that will fit me best?

WetMacula

Reaction score
New to the forum. Decided I want a nice pair of leather oxford shoes. Always worn **** dress shoes and hiking boots so I'm new to this. Tried a few pairs of Park Avenues on and the closest size is 9 EE (US). My heels move about 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch when I walk, otherwise it's pretty snug. Is this normal?

I have my heart set on a pair of benchmade GG shoes (they look stunning compared to AE) but the closet brick and mortar is Leffots which is a 4 hour drive. Are there any online dealers that will let me return or exchange a pair if the fit is not right? What size should I pick? My feet are wide. How much does is cost for a resole? $1300 to $1500 is a lot to drop on shoes. I'm not wealthy but don't mind spending money on something if I use it daily. The fit would have to be perfect though.

Donm77

Reaction score
Need advice on party attire...

My Gf's surprise 50th party is coming up in 10 days. Her daughter has set an animal theme to the party. She wants everyone to attend to wear something animal print ect...my gf chose a dress with zebra print, so I purchased a matching tie. The men were advised to wear suits, however I don't think I want to wear a full suit so I'm thinking about going with a pair of nice denim jeans and a sport coat.

My problem is tying this all tog in terms of shoes(color), jeans(brand and color)and of course what color dress shirt and coat to go with all this. Any advice would be great...thanks!

tommygunn1986

Reaction score
I just got a black suit. I already had a black vest. The vest is the same shade of black but it is a different texture. You can tell if you are up close. I can't wear this as a 3 piece suit, can I? Shopping online is difficult.

dgsdm

Reaction score
Hey guys,

A friend of mine has his birthday coming up soon and I'm looking to spend with a budget of $100, preferably around $50. I wanted to buy him something menswear related like a tie or a dress shirt. Any suggestions/recommendations? Nothing particular in mind, I'd just like the present to be some kind of quality classic menswear.

He's not exactly the most fashionable person so I'd like to introduce him to some good stuff.

Last edited:

Youngj

Reaction score
<budget>
Is this brown dark enough

For this navy (will be altered of course)

??
</budget>

aravenel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Context? Is this part of a suit, with an odd jacket, or with a sweater?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads