1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Master-Classter, Sep 28, 2008.

1. scatterbrain

scatterbrain Well-Known Member

Yes. I've posted pics in several other threads, and started a couple with pics.

I've also pm'd pics.

When I go to post an ad, there is no picture icon at the top of the text editing field.

I know there are restrictions on when you can sell, but I've been a member for two and a half years. I've bought from 5 different members (although only 1 left feedback). I've posted 138 times.

I'm trying to sell a Canli overcoat and 2 Canali sports jackets. :|

Last edited: Sep 14, 2013
  2. doomsday

doomsday Member

Hi every body,

I almost never have to wear suit because I live in hot weather country and my workplace doesn't require to wear.
    I'm recently interested in fabric which is called "quilt cotton fabric" and I just think about a suit could be made from it.
    What is quilt cotton fabric and it can be made a suit? Please help to advice me.
    Thank you very much.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2013
  3. jpsoc

jpsoc New Member

Could anybody please tell me what brand of jacket this is that Timomatic is wearing and where I could find it? Having extreme difficulty searching for something I know nothing about to even google lol.

I hope somebody can tell me! Thank you everyone!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 15, 2013
  4. eztantz

eztantz Well-Known Member

Anybody know where I can find shirts similar to those that Daffy's used to carry? I know some familiar brands are available on Yoox for double the price but is there anyone that offers them at Daffy's price point? Either online or in NY metro area.

5. DWare

DWare New Member

Just realized I should have posted this here instead of starting a new thread. Oops.

I've only ever had my uniforms tailored through the Marines, never owned a suit or nice jacket or anything. I don't know how any of that stuff works. All I know is that my uniform jacket is a 44S.Tonight at the bar I work at, my boss came up to me and asked me if I was interested in a jacket. Apparently it had been at the bar for about 2 months and no one had claimed it during that time. He thought it was close to my size so he offered it to me before it was thrown out/donated. It was a nice Kenneth Cole jacket so I accepted. I got home and tried it on and it was a bit bigger than I expected. I checked the size and it's a 46L. I was wondering if I could get that tailored to size and how much would something like that generally go for? Thanks in advance.

6. Fred G. Unn

Fred G. Unn Well-Known Member

46L down to a 44S is pretty major surgery, and would be fairly expensive, probably more than it would be just to buy a new 44S Kenneth Cole jacket. Not worth it IMO. Also if the jacket is a suit orphan you have no shot at finding the trousers. Sorry, but I'd just donate it.

7. DWare

DWare New Member

Thats a shame. Oh well. Thank you for the advice!

8. Shoeluv

Shoeluv Well-Known Member

Don't know who Timomatic is, and probably don't want to. But neither man's clothing is really classical menswear so we would be guessing as well. The older gentleman seems to be wearing some kind of shiny suit jacket entirely too long for him and the other gentleman is wearing street clothes. I would start my google search with "Oceanic Monstrosity" Here is a better look at the jacket.

[​IMG]

9. enjay

enjay Active Member

Is there a guide to AE lasts anywhere? I wear a 12E in the 8 last and I want to grab another pair or two, but I'm not sure if I should size up/down length for other lasts.

10. Shoeluv

11. rudals1281

rudals1281 Well-Known Member

Anybody here newspaper to "protect" their suits/clothing? I have been doing it for some time per my tailor's suggestion.

12. Elwoodc

Elwoodc Member

Has anyone heard of a tailor in Westminster named Tam Truong?
    Yelp review claims that he was trained in Savile Row, and while that wasn't too much of a red flag, it goes on to say he is the tailor for the Steelers and Nigerian heads of state.

13. Koala-T

Koala-T Well-Known Member

Looking for a good tailor in Austin, TX. Any recommendations?

14. sean anon

sean anon Well-Known Member

15. sean anon

sean anon Well-Known Member

Looking at some lighter weight flannel pants from Howard Yount

Are woolen Flannels clearly more casual than worsted pants? Do they work with both boots and oxfords? And would light weight ones still be clearly Fall/Winter pants in appearance/texture?

Also the pair I am looking at has D ring side adjusters. Is this a dressier feature?

16. nicksixx

nicksixx New Member

First post so hello everyone.

I've been properly working out for about 3 years now, and have reached a stage where buying clothes that aren't t shirts is getting nearly impossible.

My main problem is trying to find a jacket that fits. I'm not claiming to be Ronnie Coleman, but my shoulders are quite broad, and give any jacket I try on the dreaded 'shoulder divots'.

Is there a solution to this problem that a seamstress/tailor can address? Or am I looking at getting a jacket tailor made?

Buying a larger jacket and getting it taken in isn't really an option, as even 116/44 or 46 jackets give me this problem.

I'm 6' and 95kg if that helps

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

17. nicksixx

nicksixx New Member

First post so hello everyone.

I've been properly working out for about 3 years now, and have reached a stage where buying clothes that aren't t shirts is getting nearly impossible.

My main problem is trying to find a jacket that fits. I'm not claiming to be Ronnie Coleman, but my shoulders are quite broad, and give any jacket I try on the dreaded 'shoulder divots'.

Is there a solution to this problem that a seamstress/tailor can address? Or am I looking at getting a jacket tailor made?

Buying a larger jacket and getting it taken in isn't really an option, as even 116/44 or 46 jackets give me this problem.

I'm 6' and 95kg if that helps

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

18. doomsday

doomsday Member

Please help me, thank you.

19. Shoeluv

You can get almost anything fixed by a tailor, what you have to consider is it worth it? Would it be cheaper to buy M2M clothing instead of something off the rack that you will have to invest $100's of dollars getting tailored? I guess it depends on your budget and what you are looking for 1 sport coat to wear out or an entire wardrobe full of suits. There are many new M2M companies that are reasonably priced.

20. E TF

E TF Well-Known Member

How do you mean?