• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

Gosroth

Reaction score
I wouldn't buy a shoe that caused my foot to blister after a few dozen steps. What brand of shoes were these?

Outsuka.

I don´t know what´s wrong with my feet, but typically when I try to shop for shoes, the sales assistant shoves my foot in the bannock, hands my a UK9 or equal size and then baffels when the shoe just falls of my foot. For some reason I tend to need a full size down from the recommended size for my foot lenght. Probably in part due to a rather narrow heel.

12345Michael54321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Can this belt be used as a wedding belt for the groom ? Black suit, Black shoes, White shirt, Silver cufflinks.

There are those who would maintain that once you cross the line and wear a black suit, details like choice of belt fade into insignificance.

12345Michael54321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

if I a shoe is comfortable while standing up and feels tight (not painfull, but still enough to cause a blister initially)), while walking, can I safetly assume it will break in eventually?

Typically, I would not assume this.

It's at least as likely that your foot could swell a little, and take the fit from "tight enough to raise blisters," to "unbearably painfully tight."

In general, I look for shoes that fit right, from the start. Not too tight, not too loose. A shoe that fits properly from Day 1, is much more likely to continue fitting properly, than an ill-fitting shoe is to "break in." The notion of shoes breaking in isn't quite a myth, but it is a thing both less common and more subtle than many people choose to believe.
--
Michael

Hype

Reaction score
What are some brands that have nice quality slim dress pants? I'm lookin for one in black, willing to spend up to 170

Also, whats the best quality dress shoes I can get for under 300? I have small feet so finding the right shoe is hard sometimes(I'm a 7.5 in vans, 7D in red wing, and 7 in Clark DB)

b1os

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Generally, rather wash them in the machine than hand-wash.

And yeah, dampen works wonders. Try an atomizer (I have a small pocket-fragrance-atomizer which I fill with water, I suppose those water atomizers with a fine spray should work, too). Just damp them, don't make them wet.

Hampton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What are some brands that have nice quality slim dress pants? I'm lookin for one in black, willing to spend up to 170
Also, whats the best quality dress shoes I can get for under 300? I have small feet so finding the right shoe is hard sometimes(I'm a 7.5 in vans, 7D in red wing, and 7 in Clark DB)
Buy pants via this forum on B&S. You will find nwt pants for a fair price as Borrelli, Loro Piana, RLPL so check that out!
For shoes you can go Allen Edmonds, good quality for that price. They also have a sale now on their website :)

Last edited:

gooter

Reaction score
I've just started to wear leather soled shoes on a regular basis, but am not sure what to do when the weather is less than perfect. I will be getting myself a set of Swims, but am not sure how anal I need to be about using them. Should I throw them on when the ground is wet even a little bit? Or is it okay to wear leather soled shoes when the ground is a bit wet? Any tips?

Gneisenau

Reaction score
Regarding lapel pins and boutonnières as seen on sportcoats from L.B.M. 1911, Lardini, Isaia and Tombolini. Keep or remove?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics