1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Master-Classter, Sep 28, 2008.

1. AmericanLion

AmericanLion Well-Known Member

Anyone know if I get a protective rubber half sole put on my AEs will that disqualify them from AEs recrafting service?

2. eqcitizen

eqcitizen Well-Known Member

I wouldnt think so seeing as though one of their services is replacing the soles. As long as the cobbler doesn't screw up the rubber half sole, you should be fine.

3. eqcitizen

You should probably post this in the tailors thread (http://www.styleforum.net/t/265924/the-tailors-thread-fit-feedback-and-alteration-suggestions) but if you were asking me (and i am no expert) it looks long to me and the button stance seems a little low.

4. msulinski

msulinski Well-Known Member

According to the AE sales associate I spoke to, this will not disqualify you from recreafting.

5. eqcitizen

dupe

Last edited: Feb 6, 2013
  6. donjuan17

donjuan17 Well-Known Member

Does anyone know a good cobbler in the L.A. area?

7. azumi

azumi Well-Known Member

My gratitude, your advice is helpful because I haven't bought this Ferragamo belt. May be I would buy another one, like this:
    http://www.brooksbrothers.com/Calfs...dwvar_617F_Color=BLCK&contentpos=15&cgid=0233
    I think this BB belt is formal and it's not flamboyant :D

8. AmericanLion

AmericanLion Well-Known Member

Looking for a suit and found some Joseph Abboud suits with a pretty good discount. What are y'all's opinions on that brand?

9. Dash

Dash Member

Best place to buy affordable quality mens dress shoes?

10. Caustic Man

Caustic Man Well-Known Member

Define affordable.

11. Dash

Dash Member

Id imagine it would fall somewhere between 100-300 bucks. Ive never paid attention to quality or build when ive boot boots / dress shoes in the past, so id imagine id paid 50-100 bucks.

Affordable as in taking in account quality and price. Good bargain / deal ect.

12. Claghorn

Claghorn Well-Known Member

13. DrZeus

DrZeus Active Member

I've got a problem with tiny holes appearing. They've been showing up about a week into owning a new pair. At first I thought it might be too much Renovator but on I tried using only black cream & wax on a new pair and it still happened. I don't think I polish too hard or for too long. They are size 44 and I am using the large Woodlore Epic trees but I did try the medium size and they didn't even reach the heel. I would say the trees are snug and come out fairly easily. My feet can't be stretching them either and it's strange that they appear in different areas of the shoe (like the back of the heel).
    Basic regime is shoes off, trees in, dust with cloth & water. I really do not know why they appear.
    Please advise.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. aravenel

aravenel Well-Known Member

Allen Edmonds is the standard entry level shoe. New are about $300, or you can usually get seconds for about $200-$250.

1 person likes this.
  15. aravenel

aravenel Well-Known Member

Cheap suit, nothing to write home about. But, if it fits you well and is very cheap, could be a decent beater suit.

1 person likes this.
  16. Septimus

Septimus Well-Known Member

Pocket square without a tie? Yay or nay? Does it make a difference if it is with a suit or sport coat?

(presuming one would wear a suit without a tie... I know some/many object to that)

17. akoustas

akoustas Well-Known Member

18. eqcitizen

I vote yay, especially with a sport coat (see the ever dapper alan flusser below) but i do not think i would wear a suit without a tie. If you do i still vote yay for a pocket square.

[​IMG]

19. eqcitizen

1 person likes this.
  20. eqcitizen

ebay, look for allen edmonds or even some english brands like Loake or Church's and you get an almost new pair for $100 and under.