1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mfais, Jan 22, 2010.

1. Fycus

Fycus Well-Known Member

Any idea where I can find Tom Wood rings at a discount or lower price due to exchange rate?

2. Fallow

Fallow Member

Are you planning to sticking with the 1/4 an inch thick, or the double sole, which is 1/2 an inch thick?

3. BigSur

BigSur Well-Known Member

I want to get a pair of jeans shortened with the original hem reattached. Anyone know of where I can get this service in the US via mail? I believe I used Demin Doctors before, but it seems to be closed.

4. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Well-Known Member

Are engineered garments items on yahoo japan in japanese sizing? So If I take a medium in bedford jacket I should get a large?

5. munchausen

munchausen Well-Known Member

Anyone know what the sizing of Boss Orange sport coats is like? Is it equivalent to Hugo Boss mainline?

6. clarksdb

clarksdb Well-Known Member

What size would I be in Comme Des Garcons PLAY t-shirt if I am 6'0, 175 lbs with broad shoulders. I am usually a medium or a large depending on the brand. Thinking if I should go large or extra large?

7. John-Galt

John-Galt Well-Known Member

They're TINY. I'd say go with XL to be safe

1 person likes this.
  8. 1up

1up Well-Known Member

Anyone have an idea where I can find this colorway of GATs? I think it's called creme/white?

[​IMG]

9. AlanMac

AlanMac Member

If anyone has a SuitSupply Havana (unlined) jacket... what are the actual chest and waist measurements taken from the jacket? According to the website mine (38S) is supposed to be chest = 41.7", waist = 37.4". Actual measurements are 40" and 36" - quite a difference! Just wondering if I got one that had been altered, then returned?

10. Angel of Death

Angel of Death Well-Known Member

in the movie war dogs, what brand shirt is miles teller wearing in the movie?

it's a short sleeve button down with a pocket on the chest. color is light blue stripes with white base. i really like and i need to purchase it for the spring/summer.

11. styleforumfan

styleforumfan Well-Known Member

What denim jacket is this? Thanks.

[​IMG]

12. CityHunter

CityHunter Well-Known Member

I'm surprised there isn't a dedicated Issey Miyake thread here on SF...anyway, have any Issey Miyake pieces been made in China? I came across and older jacket that said it was made in China which struck me as odd because everything else I've come across were made in Japan.

Which I guess isn't out of the realm of possibility as I've seen some CdG stuff MiC but still.

13. aspenx

aspenx Active Member

What type of shoes and in what colour would you pair with sky blue chinos?

14. Timbaland

Timbaland Well-Known Member

Unless you live in the Hamptons, get rid of the sky blue chinos

15. Angel of Death

Angel of Death Well-Known Member

to anyone who owns thom browne oxford shirts, i thought it was weird when they added extra buttons at the bottom of the shirt on the grossgrain placket instead of the labels like other brands do..

also its sewed in like other buttons, i thought it's weird, should i cut it off or is it the intended look to be that way?

Last edited: Mar 25, 2017
  16. robinsongreen68

robinsongreen68 Well-Known Member

Last edited: Mar 26, 2017
  17. meebo

meebo Member

18. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Well-Known Member

19. meebo

meebo Member

20. greenmachine

greenmachine Active Member

so this is a super weird issue but i recently got this Our Legacy Chambray (https://www.endclothing.com/us/our-legacy-everyman-1940s-button-down-shirt-21631sbch.html) and it has some kind of awful lingering odor that i cannot seem to escape from. i'm not sure how to describe it other than chemical-y and vaguely like something burnt (though not smoky). i've tried hanging it outside, washing it multiple times with vinegar, with baking soda, putting it in the freezer, etc. anyone have any idea what the smell might be or some other methods of removing it? could it have something to do with the way the shirt was dyed? i'm really at my wit's end here. it has improved some, so maybe it will just fade over time?