1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mfais, Jan 22, 2010.

1. Dr Huh?

Dr Huh? Well-Known Member

If your budget tops out at $600, that would price you out of the Garret, unless you're buying off Grailed.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2016
  2. boned

boned Well-Known Member

TBS has Garrets @ 460 right now with promo.

3. Grintricha

Grintricha Well-Known Member

4. Kevin24

Kevin24 Well-Known Member

Quick question-

Can someone please tell me more the quality of Levi's that are "Made in the USA?"

If anyone here has any. Did you find them worth buying?

5. Ackord02

Ackord02 Well-Known Member

Can someone identify this demeulemeester leather jacket, season, model, etc?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  6. Americanaaa

Americanaaa Well-Known Member

Hey, I need help

I'm looking at having to sell off a number of different high end jeans unless I can find a way to fit into them.

I've purchased several jeans over the past year that I eventually planned to wear but I've since started weight training. My waist was at 34'' exactly earlier this year but now it is 35.1/2

A few of the raw denim I've purchased with a 33'' waist with the intent that it would stretch out an inch or so fitting me like a glove.

I'm wondering if there is any way I can stretch the waists out a good bit so these jeans don't end up on ebay. I was wondering if I got them wet and then did squats in them if that would help stretch them out some. Have anyone had good results doing this?

7. Timbaland

Timbaland Well-Known Member

Soaking the waist should help. I only wear jeans with stretch now since I lift regularly. I can never go back to raw denim

1 person likes this.
  8. Americanaaa

Damn...

Hmm I really hope this is just a fluctuation of bodyfat. I have no idea how my waist line got bigger.

9. Americanaaa

Apparently it's fat not muscle I've gained there since I've been eating like crazy in order to bulk so I'm going to try and ride it out and make some adjustments to my diet. I am def a 34.5 and most of the additional size is in my stomach so im assuming it's bodyfat.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2016
  10. lemonpotty

lemonpotty Member

I've been looking at a wool bomber (55% Wool/45% Polyester outer) by Cadet (cadetusa) and was wondering if anyone can vouch for their quality. I can't find much about the brand anywhere online.

11. othertravel

othertravel Well-Known Member

wrong thread.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2016
  12. Timbaland

Timbaland Well-Known Member

Not a fan of wool bombers. Feel they should always be made of nylon or cotton.

13. lemonpotty

lemonpotty Member

Mind telling me why? How would you feel about a jacket like this
    [​IMG]
    Which is a wool jacket that has a similar silhouette to a bomber but really isn't. COS labelled it as a ribbed collar jacket.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2016
  14. Brad Hides

Brad Hides New Member

How did you get a brand new Schott 530 from Nordstrom for $440??? They are $800 usually. Just curious, I'm really close to buying one and haven't seen them for less than $800 anywhere.

15. Landau

Landau Well-Known Member

How hard is it coordinating a pair of tan Jodhpurs/Chelseas? Im thinking of getting a pair, but am worried it will not play nice with the darker tones in my wardrobe.

16. gotribe

gotribe Well-Known Member

Anyone know what these Raf sneakers are? I found them in my closet and can't remember where or when I bought them. My best guess is I bought them around 2008-2010. The tongue and sole are stamped with "RAF" and there is a Made in China label inside, but otherwise no other branding. They look and feel like Stan Smiths but again, no Adidas branding. Are these samples maybe?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. Roygbivuxg

Roygbivuxg Well-Known Member

Those are from the RAF by Raf Simons diffusion line (2005-2011)

1 person likes this.
  18. wanksy

wanksy Well-Known Member

i own a couple of stuff from acne, and has been pretty happy with the quality of their stuff, what i do notice is their price point is slightly higher than some brands where they produce their stuff in the UK (mackintosh etc) or italy (harris wharf / barena etc).

i was just trying to decide whether i should go for this:
    http://www.endclothing.com/gb/mackintosh-classic-coat-gmp-003f-2f03.html (locally produced)

or this: http://www.endclothing.com/gb/acne-studios-charles-cashmere-coat-22x166-900.html (made in south korea)

i know you can't really compare the two coats since one is more contemporary and one is more traditional, and it's a matter of personal preference. but that's not the point, what is it about acne that justifies their price point? the assumption here is stuff made in scotland is better than stuff made in south korea.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2016
  19. masshi

masshi Well-Known Member

acne prices their stuff that way because they can

that's really all there is to it

also, country of origin isn't necessarily the best indicator of quality

common projects, for instance, while made in italy, are actually manufactured in a town with a high chinese immigrant population or something like that and it's thought that they're the ones who actually handle and produce the shoes (i think, anyway; i swear that i read this somewhere a long time ago, but if i'm wrong, feel more than free to point it out)

it's not like whichever country's most skilled artisans are making these products (with most brands, anyway)

honestly, just buy the one you think looks better

differences in quality are probably gonna be minute at best

20. wanksy

wanksy Well-Known Member

went with the acne, i like the fit better, also not a big fan of how chesterfield hugs my hip when i wear one. same reason why i dont really wear bespoke suits.