1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mfais, Jan 22, 2010.

1. Inter

Inter Member

Australians, what websites are you buying your clothes from? A lot of stuff posted on this forum is great, but I get shafted by the postage costs.

2. leeba

leeba Well-Known Member

Looking for some s/s recs on a budget

-white baseball cap/running hat ~50? adjustable strap/relatively low profile and crown
    -beige or tan tech pants (adjustable cuff zip/button/etc) a bonus --> veilance? would like to keep under 150. unfortunately outlier ultralight crops didn't come in beige. kgfan had some superlit zip lanvins that i've never been able to find.
    -popovers l/s or s/s seersucker, stripes - would like to keep around 50-75 a pop if possible. missed out on NMWA document popover that I wanted :*(
    -cuban collar shirts mainly looking for white, chalk, etc colors but nice patterns or stripes are cool too

thanks

Last edited: Aug 19, 2016
  3. kindofyoung

kindofyoung Well-Known Member

J Crew and Club Monaco have cheapish popovers, and there are some nice-looking cuban collar shirts on sale by COMMON Sweden
    http://cmmn-swdn.com/

4. John-Galt

John-Galt Well-Known Member

Ha, I wish I could get AV at that price

5. San780

San780 Well-Known Member

Hello there,

I'm just wondering if the following crotch stitching on Levi's 501 is normal? It looks a bit sloppy to me... Any thoughts would be highly appreciated.

[​IMG]

6. Neustrashimy

Neustrashimy New Member

I've been trying to figure out for a while now what jacket this is. The person in these pictures said he lost it and has no idea himself. Could anyone help out?
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. wanksy

wanksy Well-Known Member

any decent alternative to converse CT? bought the natural premium but didn't hold long enough. don't wanna spend the visvim/CP price tag on canvas tho

Last edited: Sep 5, 2016
  8. John-Galt

John-Galt Well-Known Member

9. Bortelli

Bortelli Well-Known Member

Looking for a high quality thick jacket similar to my HM Jacket. Not sure what brand to choose from. Any suggestions?

[​IMG]

10. Timbaland

Timbaland Well-Known Member

It's an ma-1 jacket. Whats your budget?

I like Rick Owens the best for this but it's pricey. Cheaper/other brands that make it are Robert Geller, Our Legacy, John Elliott, APC, Acne, Enfin Leve, and I think falcon garments makes one too

Last edited: Sep 7, 2016
  11. Darkside

Darkside Well-Known Member

Any recommendations for all-purpose staple t-shirts? Thicker material with a nice drape, and not too short?

12. Bortelli

Bortelli Well-Known Member

Wouldn't spend more than 300. 400 max

13. backtaro

backtaro Well-Known Member

I do have the same question but something affordable would be great since T-shirt get worn out pretty quick.

14. strangebrew

strangebrew Well-Known Member

a little late to the party here but I was wondering if someone could help me track down a lbm 1911 casentino overcoat in taupe, or blue. Size 52 or maybe something similar in the same price range ~600$

15. Churchill W

Churchill W Well-Known Member

I personally like American Apparel.

16. boozwah

boozwah Well-Known Member

Any good options for cotton/wool trousers for office wear around $100 each? I know there are good deals to be had on Incotex or other brands if you look hard enough, but I just want to find something affordable at retail and easy to find in my size and different fabrics. Is J Crew really my best option here?

17. boozwah

boozwah Well-Known Member

Reigning Champ might work. Like $50 a pop though

18. Churchill W

Churchill W Well-Known Member

Did you mean cotton or wool trousers or cotton/wool?

If the former you could probably do Brooks Brothers in that price range, Club Monaco on sale.

This question might be better in the Classic Menswear version of this thread.

19. Slh

Slh Well-Known Member

20. Liquidus

Liquidus Well-Known Member

I've been wearing APC new rescue as the fit has worked for me, but unfortunately the line has been discontinued. Can anyone suggest an alternative that is not unsanforized? Easy availability from a return-friendly store is a plus. Thanks.