1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mfais, Jan 22, 2010.

1. Hittoes

Hittoes New Member

Anyone know the brand of the shirt? Been searching the web but couldn't find anything
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 30, 2015
  2. Churchill W

Churchill W Well-Known Member

I try to have the shoulder seam end where my shoulders end.

3. Khayembii Communique

Khayembii Communique Well-Known Member

Looking for a bag for school, that can carry my laptop and one or two books. Was thinking it'd probably be a messenger bag but open to suggestions. Budget <$150. Any suggestions?

4. Churchill W

Ever popular Filson 256 or maybe something from Waterfield or Brenthaven.

So many options depending on what you are looking for.

5. Khayembii Communique

Originally looked like the 256 was out of my price range, but I'll be carrying this around for years so I might as well get something nice. I also have a Brooks Brothers gift certificate and they're selling the bag which makes it an even easier decision.

Would the 256 fit a 15" laptop in a sleeve (because the bag doesn't have padding), a textbook and maybe a notebook or two?

Last edited: Jul 30, 2015
  6. Churchill W

If you can wait, I'm sure Brooks Brothers will have either a Friends & Family (25% off) or corporate incentive day (30% off). I know there is one in October, not sure if there is one before that.

I don't have a 15" laptop handy, but my 13" with sleeve fits fine. Would double check in the Filson thread, but 15" laptop should not be too much of a stretch.

7. Khayembii Communique

Thanks, probably can't wait due to starting school in a couple weeks but that's fine. Now to decide on color...

8. sleepyinsanfran

sleepyinsanfran Well-Known Member

looks like a heavy twill-weave fabric. RL sells something like this afaik, or you can have it made through luxuire

9. sinnedk

sinnedk Well-Known Member

reg RL, not purple or black right?

10. zwyf

zwyf Member

So, I'm set on getting this parka but I'm not sure about the colour. I'm leaning towards navy for the sake of getting a bit of colour in my wardrobe but I'm worried about what I'll be able to wear it with, since basically all my pants are black... is this gonna be a problem (i.e. don't wear navy + black)? I would just play it safe with the olive but that's kinda basic.

[​IMG]

11. Hypetrain

Hypetrain Well-Known Member

I would recommend anything from Maxpedition. Their stuff lasts forever.

12. lyysander

lyysander Active Member

I don't know what would stop you from wearing the navy with black pants, personally. But I think if you're going for the all-black look and you dig it, go for it.

13. Hypetrain

I am in the market for a Louis Vuitton Suitcase. I am buying vintage. Does anybody have any experience with vintage Louis Vuitton items, from around 1950-1970? Thanks.

14. sleepyinsanfran

sleepyinsanfran Well-Known Member

sorry I meant RL black label (although I hear there are changes in lines happening so I dont know what label those will be moved to). And the ones I remmeber seeing (RLBL for barneys) had softer collars.

if you look around for twill shirts in black, there might other manufacturers making those as well (they're great for fall and winter wear).

15. sinnedk

sinnedk Well-Known Member

actually another poster told me what i am looking for is a royal Oxford but those are hard to find in slim fit black. i'll check black label or at least drink enough of it for the shirt to look like the one i want.

16. masshi

masshi Well-Known Member

where can i find basic turtlenecks in a wide range of colors (or, at the very least, burgundy/maroon and black) for cheap (around uniqlo and j.crew prices)?

17. lyysander

lyysander Active Member

Asos doesn't exactly have the greatest quality, but they have a wide variety of turtlenecks in various colors and textures in the $30-$60 range depending on what fabric you want. Don't know how many are still in stock though.

1 person likes this.
  18. Hypetrain

Brooks Brothers is a good, classic option. I own a v-neck sweater from them and i like it quite a lot. They seem to be priced in the $40-$60 range.

1 person likes this.
  19. Eddy Harris

Eddy Harris New Member

[​IMG]

What is the brand of the jacket and jeans he is wearing and where can I get them online?

20. Bortelli

Bortelli Well-Known Member

Anyone know where I can get a shearling styled jacket like this?

[​IMG]