1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mfais, Jan 22, 2010.

1. bamgrinus

bamgrinus Well-Known Member

I purchased a vintage varsity jacket off of ebay with white leather sleeves. The sleeves are heavy cowhide, and while there's no cracking, they're pretty beat up and the color isn't very even. I was wondering if there was anything I could do to restore the color to the sleeves. I was thinking of using some white meltonian cream to restore the color, but I've seen general warnings not to use shoe products on leather jackets, so I'm not sure if there's a better option out there. I'm also a little worried that the white polish would rub off on to other clothing.

2. Timbaland

Timbaland Well-Known Member

Anyone?

3. Blackestrainbow

Blackestrainbow New Member

Has anyone actually managed to buy an eg jacket from Ippudo in NY?

4. eglbc

eglbc Well-Known Member

Has anyone seen longer mesh shorts this season?
    BBS 11 has a pair, but im looking for something longer

[​IMG]

5. J1994

J1994 Well-Known Member

I'll be traveling the Dallas in a few days, any clothing boutiques and eateries I should check out? As far as my current clothing interest goes, it's somewhere around tech-ninja (think @Rais).

6. richnet12

richnet12 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Authentification on these Chanel strap heels please? Purchased at a thrift store for nominal sum.

7. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Well-Known Member

They just look shitty and fake… kind of like the word "Authentification". lol

8. richnet12

Authentification is to Style Forum as Self Tacklization is to football. ( Was at the BU/Texas game in 1974 where the phrase was coined...according to oral history of a friend who reported for the UT newspaper).

9. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Well-Known Member

:happy: lol. I don't wear heels often… been trying to cut back, but the lettering looks off. You can probably tell better in person, but lettering is what looks suspect. Not clean, kind of smudgy… looks sparse on the straps and is not aligned on the imprint on the bottom. Don't you agree?

10. richnet12

The shoes look real to me other than the straps....and I have been unable to find a similar strap heel online with the word Chanel written all over it.

11. ThunderJack23

ThunderJack23 Active Member

what is the best type of shoes, you can wear with a shirt and chinos/shorts, in order to have a stylish-everyday look?

Last edited: Jul 4, 2015
  12. bertie

bertie Well-Known Member

i think it depends on the look you are trying to achieve. if you want a normcore type of look weejuns or boatshoes. If you want more of a streetwear look some type of sneakers or lace up shoes (not with shorts of course). More info on how you like to dress would obviously help

13. ThunderJack23

ThunderJack23 Active Member

im not trying to have a sport look. Maybe something like the photo dude. I think boat shoes is what i am into more
    [​IMG]

14. J1994

J1994 Well-Known Member

What size would I be in Y3 Qasa? I wear an IT 39 in CP Achilles low and a US 7.5 in most Nikes.

Can anyone identify these pants?
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 5, 2015
  15. hardtobeagod

hardtobeagod Active Member

[​IMG]
    What shoes are these? Anyone?

1 person likes this.
  16. alxne

alxne Member

Does anyone know what these are?

[​IMG]

17. PradoBB

PradoBB Member

18. hoodog

hoodog Well-Known Member

Quick question. Black denim. Do you prefer overdyed, overdyed and washed or raw? Think APC black raw jeans Vs overdyed Vs that washed black stretch version they're currently selling.

Any reason for your preference?

19. Dan89

Dan89 New Member

Signed up to get some advice on getting myself a jacket. The problem is I don't know what to search for to find the kind of jacket I want. It's a sort of harrington style jacket but when I type in harrington I get the usual ones which have tartan inside and the collar isn't the same as what I want. So I guess it's not a harrington I'm looking for. Others that come close are coach jacket, and workers jacket.

[​IMG]

I like this Carhartt one but it has print on the back and not really wanting any print or logo if I can avoid it

[​IMG]

Anyone able to help me out? Places to look to find this sort of thing, more search terms etc. Any help appreciated

Last edited: Jul 10, 2015
  20. BaronDriver

BaronDriver Member

All,

Without sparking debate on the appropriateness of pleats, I am in the market for a few quality pairs of gray wool trousers, however, the often suggested brands - Howard Yount, Epaulet, Press - do not appear to carry the pleated variety. Any alternate suggestions under the $200 mark would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for the help.