1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mfais, Jan 22, 2010.

1. nellyeastside

nellyeastside New Member

I like the OCBD or any button down shirt tucked into jeans with workboots. I work at a powerplant and most of the managment sport this sort of look. I think it's very appropriate for the frontline of any factory or manufacturing operations, while still keeping a professional appearance. As far as a lightweight jacket, I think a classic spring windbreaker fits the look. Something like this... [​IMG]

2. Bortelli

Bortelli Well-Known Member

Whats the terminology for this type of winter boot? I know its moma but is it considered a rider boot?

or is it just considered just a lace up?

[​IMG]

3. justusss

justusss Well-Known Member

Looking to get my beat up pair of Dayton Service Boots resoled with a rubber sole of some kind (Dainite, Commando). Anyone know of good online cobblers that we do a solid job via mail? (I don't trust my current local area). I know Dayton offers resoling but shipping to Canada is $40 each way ($80 total before the resole price). Looking for something like pic related.

*EDIT: Looking into NuShoe.com. Apparently they offer Vibram resoles on for other Goodyear-welted boots. Anyone used them?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 11, 2015
  4. Ritchee

Ritchee Well-Known Member

One day there are not there and the next day they seem to be almost everywhere.

I am talking clothing brands.

Just 2 for an example.

Alex Mill and Saturdays NYC

I'm just curious about how this happens. I'm just guessing it comes down to marketing, money, and the appeal of the clothing.

Anything else?

5. mosy

mosy Well-Known Member

I don't know about NuShoe.com, but these guys are great - Rago Brothers: http://www.ragobrothers.com/

6. Churchill W

Churchill W Well-Known Member

Bnelson is popular on the MC side of things.

7. wanksy

wanksy Well-Known Member

what is the ideal spacing between your shirt and your body? for example your chest width is 38" and you usually wear a 40" shirts etc.
    I have tons of shirt from variety of sizing, just not sure which one is ideal.

8. bradp

bradp Well-Known Member

Depends on the shirt, environment where you'll be wearing, and most of all, personal preference. I have shirts running the gamut from nearly skintight to loose and billowy. Don't overthink it. Just wear what feels comfortable and right, there's really no blanket metric on ideal fit IMO

9. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Well-Known Member

Thought those were considered derby boots.

10. LovesCreation11

LovesCreation11 Member

Hey how's it going I'm new to this forum and had not been having to much luck with dress shoes and was looking for a good looking pair but something that is comfortable and does not feel like I'm walking on a piece of wood.

11. Slovpeter

Slovpeter New Member

Hey, I joined a while back. I have been looking around for some good clothing brands. My main issue is this. The clothes are either overpriced, or really bad in quality ( buttons falling off such as Buckle).

I am 19 and I'm 6'1 and 190. I am a blue collar worker. So suits and not really my thing along with formal wear. I do need to have atleast one suit, but that can wait really. I have 2 pairs of Gap jeans, 1 pair of Calvin Klein and American Eagle Jeans that are now retired due to wear. I have a pair of levi jeans that are really long on me, which I need to get hemmed and probably get rid of. I dont know if its me, but all these jeans are really tight on my thighs. I mean, it looks like Sherwin Williams painted them on , even if they are boot cut. Im assuming I should be looking for new jeans?

I have no chinos, and plan on getting a few versatile colors. I have 4-5 flat front shorts. I have a pair of cargos, which I rarely wear since they look bulky.

The shirts are I have mostly are casual button ups, short sleeve and long sleeve. I also run a few fitted tshirts and graphic tees as well. I recently went through a cleaning and got rid of almost half of my closet. Clothes that were too bulky, very restrictive, and expensive that I never wore. Alot of wasted money in those clothes I bought.

The clothing brands/ stores I shop would be Buckle, American Eagle, H&M, Gap, Calvin Klein, and Macys. I find my buckle shirts (2 or 3 are in the get rid of pile) are bad in quality. My casual shirt from there has a lost button now!

As you can see, my clothes are a mess in terms of style and fit right now. I dont know what brands are either appropriate in price in relation to quality, or are even durable for that matter. What brands do you guys have success with and ARE WORTH THE MONEY. Im tired of buying clothes that are junk and fall apart. I have made alot of stupid mistakes and I feel pretty bad wasting some money.

A few brands or stores I have looked into are Nordstrom and Nordstrom rack, and Jcrew. Nordstrom and Jcrew seem to be on the hip trendy train and over prices. That do ahve some really nice staple things, and manly wear that doesn't make me look like I shouldn't be wearing their stuff.

Can anyone help?

I few wants for the future:

- Invest in a Black Leather jacket
    - 1 versatile suit

12. BrooksLauren77

BrooksLauren77 Well-Known Member

The problem is you're shopping at garbage brand stores. Gap and H&M are decent sometimes but largely mediocre quality.

Try Schott for a good quality leather jacket.

13. BrooksLauren77

Criteria and budget? Location?

14. colonelrascals

colonelrascals Member

any recs on a skinny light blue faded jean. So far i'm looking at either rhude or ksubi, but I'd really like some other options. price range is 300ish
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. LovesCreation11

LovesCreation11 Member

well I was hoping you guys can tell me brands you like or something I'm so new to dress shoes I know next to nothing about them.
    budget: well I was just going to be on the look out for some pair you guys think are good to get them second hand some where.
    thank you for the reply

16. robinsongreen68

robinsongreen68 Well-Known Member

depends what you like, i would recommend crockett & jones or churchs,

17. tommyboy610

tommyboy610 Member

18. BrooksLauren77

You can get better sneakers for that money.

19. Ritchee

Ritchee Well-Known Member

I'm looking for an indigo T-shirt.

Any recommendations?

TIA