1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mfais, Jan 22, 2010.

1. charliemc13

charliemc13 New Member

i swear by this tshirt- amazing quality- made in the us- super soft vintage feel
    https://www.meundies.com/products/mens-t-shirt

also Levis's LVC tshirts are amazing- not made in the US but still great

naked and famous just recently started producing t shirts as well- fit great true to size and made in canada

2. Nuckinya

Nuckinya Active Member

It's cotton with a Polyester lining. The length is improved with layering a jumper underneath but it's more of a spring jacket as its quite thin and looks best with just a shirt under it. I suppose the length is the secondary issue though as it's the arms width that bothers me.

3. KymmyK

KymmyK New Member

@musehead
    Hi, just joined, specifically to ask you a question about some Ray-Ban Wayfarer's I have... Is this the proper way ? Thanks, KymmyK

4. EPrest90

EPrest90 Well-Known Member

I'll look into them all. Thanks gents!

5. argerg22

argerg22 Member

Hi!

Found i nice item on Yoox, brand name Brian Dales, after some googling i couldn't find any decent information about the brand.

Does anybody have any experience with the brand? If yes, what is your toughts regarding the quality of the brand?

6. thediggs3313

thediggs3313 Member

Hey guys, Anyone familiar with Topman suiting size? On a very tight budget, found a full suit for around $80. Its a 38R. I am about 5'10, 145-150lbs. Any info would be great!

Last edited: Aug 28, 2014
  7. Gentleman Wolf

Gentleman Wolf Member

Hello everyone,
    I've been looking to get a new wardrobe and i've been putting together some good pieces. Something I need to get ready for is the fall/winter season and I would like to know anyones opinions on what I should get in the form of new jackets. I've looked at Barbour jackets but didn't know if they made anything with a good slim fit to it. Any other opinions on jackets or anything fall/winter clothing is welcomed.

I am a 6'5" 200 lbs guy with athletic build. I normal like to wear tailored casual button downs in dark colors.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. 2 Legit 2 Quit

2 Legit 2 Quit Well-Known Member

can anyone recommend some brands that carry washed jeans that have an apc butler look to them (fading, whiskers, and honeycombs that look naturally worn)? I know rrl, lvc, and john elliott carry some but what are some other brands?

9. oreamnos

oreamnos New Member

I'm wanting to make my first leather jacket purchase, and have been on the casual hunt for about a year or two. I don't like ones that look to biker-esque, nor do I like ones that are longer styles or too flashy so it's been a challenge finding something. The other day I spotted a jacket that appealed to me in terms of style. It's a Hugo Boss leather jacket in buffalo nubuck - a material I've never seen before, but feels (and probably is given it's a buffalo) very heavy duty and a strong build relative to the typical lamb skin leather jackets BOSS seems to normally make (which I do not like - too thin). It's also pretty modest in its design, which appeals to me. What is everyone's opinion/experience with quality of Boss leathers? Worth the price tag (about $1000)? Also, what are your opinions on a nubuck leather in terms of longevity and maintenance? Thanks! Here's a photo: [​IMG]

10. Calculon88

Calculon88 Member

I am looking for recommended brands of dress belts that are wider than the usual 1-inch wide dress belt.

Last year I purchased a size 38 dress belt from a department store and the width is about 1 inch. I have used this belt for my dress pants, which are all a size 36. Since then I've gained weight and no matter how many times I've dry-cleaned and ironed my pants, the very top of the pants folds over.

I compared the width of my belt with the belt loops and it looks like the belt doesn't "catch" on to the loops like they should - it is too thin.

Here is the type of pants I wear:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 29, 2014
  11. cold war painter

cold war painter Well-Known Member

Traditional Barbour jackets are fairly loose in fit, but I think the newer Dept B or xTokihito stuff is slimmer fitting.

That looks like a moto style leather, which to me are some of the most minimal looking leather jackets - the biker style you're thinking of is probably the double rider. I have no experience with Boss in any capacity but I suspect you would be paying a large premium for the label, whether that is good or bad is up to you.

Don't know what quality/price you're looking at but Equus will do custom-made up to 1.5" width with several different buckle styles.

12. Gentleman Wolf

Gentleman Wolf Member

Thanks cold war. The problem with those jackets is, they are impossible to find in Stock. Is there any others brands or barbour you would recommend

13. cold war painter

cold war painter Well-Known Member

I think J Crew carry Dept B, or you might be able to find Barbour SL somewhere which is also a slimmer fit. Otherwise I'm not sure what there is in the US - I would guess Filson might do a similar waxed jacket or you might like one of the options at Epaulet.

14. Gentleman Wolf

Gentleman Wolf Member

15. j100000

j100000 New Member

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know how the quality is on the SLP teddy jackets? the bomber jackets?

Thank you

16. MBLAQ

MBLAQ Active Member

I got into the Saucony Original Grid 9000 shoes lately, there are 2 colorways I am liking but I need help choosing the best one:

1. Slate/Grey
    [​IMG]

2. Red/Off White
    . [​IMG]

17. loarbmhs

loarbmhs Well-Known Member

For gosh sakes, they're a pair of casual shoes, not a suit or tie. Who cares what we say? If you like red, get the red; if you like gray, get the gray. Don't overthink it. Remember...it's just a pair of athletic shoes, not a big deal.

18. MBLAQ

MBLAQ Active Member

19. munchausen

munchausen Well-Known Member

Can anyone recommend chinos under $100 that are cut like Levi's 513?

20. ter1413

ter1413 Well-Known Member

+1