1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mfais, Jan 22, 2010.

1. futuresailors

futuresailors Well-Known Member

I've never been hit with customs fees for an eBay purchase, even when things haven't been marked as a gift.

2. dan138zig

dan138zig Well-Known Member

any thoughts about the brand Vince? price range is pretty baller but I rarely see it mentioned here.

3. washedout

washedout Well-Known Member

I would only buy Vince if it's deeply discounted.

1 person likes this.
  4. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Well-Known Member

Cool, thanks.

5. ar1975

ar1975 New Member

ok

for a wedding
    Navy Pinstripe suit
    and these shoes
    http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4325812
    (in Brown)
    probably white or blue french cuff (though light purple is an option too, not sure i can pull that off)

any thought/recommendations on tie, pocket square, sock combo?

prefer not to buy a new tie
    thinking a dark orange ferragamo tie i have which has some cranberries and partridges on it (so maybe a little too holiday-ish, upon close inspection, haven't decided yet)
    other options are red (light or dark), and blue (light or dark)

feedback appreciated

thanks!

ar

6. J BAILEY

J BAILEY Well-Known Member

i feel like there's an obvious solution to this that i'm missing, but how can I remove a coupon code from my yoox cart? tried logging out and emptying the cart but it's still there.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2014
  7. Olimar

Olimar Member

go to your browser options and delete your cookies and chache.

8. Roscius

Roscius Well-Known Member

9. dreamsburndown

dreamsburndown Active Member

Are there rules for wearing long sleeve wool polos over shirts? I've seen people doing it but I can't decide if the multiple collars look weird or not. I have a charcoal grey wool long sleeve polo and it looks pretty good on its own but I'm curious.

10. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Well-Known Member

Awful. Do not do, better yet skip the polo altogether.

I would not wear a striped business suit to a wedding.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2014
  11. m4gdelen4

m4gdelen4 Well-Known Member

[​IMG][​IMG]

Just got this Our Legacy hoody. Being a short person with short person problems, the torso fits long.
    But do you guys think I could pass it off as a relaxed fit? Sleeves probably need shortening, but hemming might be impossible and/or too expensive.
    The hemline covers the back welt pockets of my chinos.

Relaxed or sloppy? Use or lose?

12. dan138zig

dan138zig Well-Known Member

Looks sloppy, dude. Is that size s?

13. devastitis

devastitis Well-Known Member

I'm loving these shoes for some reason, but alas, and yet again, I have no idea how to wear them. What kind of shirt/shorts combo or shirt/pants combo would work with these? Or please talk me out of buying them. http://tinyurl.com/laxcnbl

14. ridethecliche

ridethecliche Well-Known Member

Yup. I found a pair of pants for like 12 bucks at a nordy rack once. Would have bought them but they were too slim. Quality was okay and they would have looked good had they fit.

15. AliWong

AliWong Member

Hi there, quite new to the forum and a big fan of how Dior Homme blazers are cut. I'm 18 and am looking at buying a dior homme blazer online and have been wondering what size to purchase due to the slim cut. I always thought that I was a eu46, but upon measuring myself I found my measurements aligning with that of an eu48? (In terms of purely chest size at least)

I looked online that most suits are cut with a 6inch drop from chest to waist but my measurements are:

Chest: 38 inches
    Waist: 29.5inches
    Circumference of Torso (I.e. overarm - chest+shoulders) : 44inches

at 5ft9 and 66kgs

I dont know how relevant the 'drop' is as I am only interested in a blazer and dont know if that is factored into how the suit is cut.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

- Thanks

16. John Black

John Black New Member

Hello everyone, I'm kind of a newbie when it comes to wearing suits, so I'd like to get some opinions. I have a charcoal suit with light pinstripes and bordo-colored shoes. I'm trying to find the perfect shirt and tie combo for a fancy dinner date... I want to look my very BEST. Please view the below image... any and all recommendations are welcome. Thank you!

http://tinypic.com/r/rwq6xj/8

17. Joey From 181

Joey From 181 Well-Known Member

TTS on current Rick Geo's or down 1 ?

18. suitandbowtie

suitandbowtie New Member

Just polished my first pair of Allen Edmonds and the leather bled onto the cloth rag I used to apply the polish. Is that normal?

Last edited: Apr 19, 2014
  19. Cheuk

Cheuk Active Member

John Black,

Hopefully you'll get more feedback from others.

Go with a dark tie, preferably with a different texture than the suit. A burgundy grenadine tie is very popular here (and looks good). Alternatively, consider some shade of blue (that is noticeably different than the suit's color). Whatever the color, the knot should be tighter, so that it covers the top button of your shirt. And the knot itself could look much sharper too. Look around for pictures of a four-in-hand knot. Pay attention to where it sits on the shirt, its size, and the dimple.

The white shirt works here; a light blue shirt would also look nice.

Finally, while I suspect a real suit aficionado could offer a dozen suggestions (which I'm always interested to hear), I will say I think the suit generally looks good. The sleeves are a touch long, as it is customary to show a bit of shirt cuff from under the suit sleeves.

If you were to make one quick, simple, cheap change though it should be the tie.

C

20. bertie

bertie Well-Known Member

Suit and shirt and shoes are okay - tough to gauge fit from posed photo but advice to show a little shirt cuff is good. Find a dark tie (but not black or grey) in a solid satin and you're good. Grenadine tie could also work well if you can find one.