1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mfais, Jan 22, 2010.

1. UpDownAeroplane

UpDownAeroplane Active Member

2. princeazio

princeazio New Member

I have a spring banquet coming up this Saturday and I'm having trouble choosing between two ties to go with the outfit that I've put together. I'm going to be wearing a light gray suit with a light blue shirt. I'm in between two pink ties. Im trying to go for a light color theme since it's the beginning of spring and all. Here's a picture of the whole outfit put together.
    http://imgur.com/9JrclMb&2zOdFd5#0
    Jacket: http://www.hm.com/us/product/22882?article=22882-A
    Shirt: http://bananarepublic.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=77446&vid=1&pid=950430022
    Tie #1: http://bananarepublic.gap.com/browse/product.do?vid=1&pid=950448012
    Shoes: http://www.brooksbrothers.com/Edward-Green-Perforated-Captoe-Bluchers/MH00330,default,pd.html?dwvar_MH00330_Color=BRWN&contentpos=12&cgid=0522
    I like the pattern of the first lighter pink tie, but I feel that the second darker purple one one pops out more. Also, I'm trying to stay away from purple because I know a few of my classmates that are already going to be wearing that color. Also, what color socks should I wear? Oh and for reference, I have a tan complexion. (Think southeast asian tan haha) Anyway, let me know what you all think would be better to wear. Thanks!

3. red81

red81 Well-Known Member

they "melted". i think they somehow stretched in all directions. started narrow - now too wide in the forefoot (i think i can actually feel the stitching by my small toes). heel slipping now. this could be due to wearing them in the winter with thick socks, but they're just unconformtable to wear now due to (i think) foot slippage. i guess an insole that would help with the front of the foot and to fill in the sides a little would be the best.

4. Cheuk

Cheuk Active Member

Can someone point me to pictures of well-fitting dress shirts on "real" people, that is, not models that are 6'3" 150 lbs and don't actually have to walk around and sit down and so on?

I have been searching the forum and find many discussions about OTR, MTM, and bespoke shirt brands that fit but have not seen many pictures of these well-fitting shirts. Thanks!

5. Cheuk

Cheuk Active Member

sorry, wrong forum, this was meant for CM!

6. ChronBong

ChronBong Well-Known Member

other than luisviaroma....where can i find sz 31 dior homme "second round" denims? \\

that site is sold out of 31.

would have to call the official dior homme stores in US or EU ....or stores that sell them but i have no idea which stores exactly since they dont advertise it on websites?

Last edited: Apr 5, 2014
  7. LelandJ

LelandJ Well-Known Member

Anyone ever purchase a Yoox blazer that's listed as "fits small, choose one size up" but turns out to fit perfectly Italian snug TTS?

8. CodPiece

CodPiece Well-Known Member

I'll be staying in Union Square SFO for a few days this week. Any good shopping suggestions?
    I have no particular needs at the moment, really. Maybe some lightweight denim. A hat shop would be great. Any interesting Japanese labels that have stores in town?

My style is mid-range, over-40, semi-cool dad-with-no-further-aspirations-than-to-make-sure-he-doesn't-embarrass-the-kids style.
    Thanks.

9. futuresailors

futuresailors Well-Known Member

I think IF, Tokyo 7 (consignment), and Dover Street Market would be the best places to go for Japanese brands, but they might be a little "hip" for your taste.

10. Ritchee

Ritchee Well-Known Member

Anyone know who carries Two Feet Ahead crew socks these days? Hickorees and Woodlands did but no longer. Independence does but they only take a credit card. Looking for an on-line store that accepts paypal.

thanks !

11. omgitiszmd

omgitiszmd Active Member

12. digga

digga Well-Known Member

I like Epaulet trousers. They have some stores in NY but I've only bought online.

13. misssoo

misssoo New Member

HI there all, im a forum noob, great site, really nice to see a comprehensive resource out there for classy clobber, exactly what i was looking for. Im a new online retailer, if you want to see the listing for one of these ties, please just search for bironi and filter it to highest price first. Id rather over price it then find it goes after 3 mins on BIN lol. Anyway, thank you for having me.

I have 2 bironi ties, they are chevroned with silk pleats, 8 chevrons, and 8 pleats. Im looking to sell them, but have no idea what there worth. The closest example ive found online are pricey, but no where near as good as the ones i have. Could somebody take a look at them for me? Tell me what, why and when they are, and give me some idea of the retail value?
    I cant find any bironi ties like this online, not at the online store, ebay, anywhere, and for that matter any other makers. it carries so much silk it obviously took a lot of time and effort to make.
    There both italian hand made, i welcome any volunteers to help me out as they seem very rare. Many thanks, Mike[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. flboy96

flboy96 Member

Last edited: Apr 5, 2014
  15. omgitiszmd

omgitiszmd Active Member

What color khakis would go best with a blue or white polo?
    Also, what color Vans Classics would go well with those khakis and polo?

Thanks for any opinions/help!

16. ChronBong

ChronBong Well-Known Member

17. R300

R300 Well-Known Member

Q: I have this canvas shirt I bought to wear day-in-day-out, only, after one wash, it seems to be inexplicably creased. tried everything. anyone know any way of getting rid of the creases?

[​IMG]

18. iamacyborg

iamacyborg Well-Known Member

19. R300

R300 Well-Known Member

tried that for about an hour straight.

maybe it's just asos quality.