1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mfais, Jan 22, 2010.

1. HenryRearden

HenryRearden New Member

Hello SF!

Im in the hunt for a double monk for the upcoming late spring / summer! Im not quite sure about what kind of a shoe to purchase, suede, leather, color, sole etc... I already have alot of shoes in tan / light brown so thats where the probem lies... And my impression is as an example, that darker suede is more suitable for autumn and winter? Please help me :)

H.R

2. SuitsHarvey

SuitsHarvey Member

Just a short question:

http://us.suitsupply.com/en_US/ties/bordeaux-tie/D132078.html?start=21&cgid=Ties

http://us.suitsupply.com/en_US/ties/tie-green/D0308.html?start=72&cgid=Ties

Do those two ties fit to a Navy suit like the one I posted below or should I continue to watch for other ties? I'm not sure if the Bordeaux Tie is too dark and a lighter Bordeaux/Red would be better. And I'm also not 100% if that Green works with Navy("Blue and Green should not be seen")? Up to now I only wore Royalblue, Navy, Lightblue and various striped ties with Navy as the basic color when I wore a navy suit, too. But I'm trying to get more ties in different colors, because always wearing different shades of blue is a bit boring and I already got some inspirations here in the forum.

http://us.suitsupply.com/en_US/suit...?start=18&cgid=Suits&prefn1=color&prefv1=Blue

Best regards

3. NeedForTweed123

NeedForTweed123 Well-Known Member

I'm looking to get some wool pants from Luxire. Should I go for the $100 ones that have 15% nylon or the $300 with no nylon? I'm not really sure what the positive or negatives of nylon in wool pants would be, or if 100% wool is worth the extra $200.

4. AlexMorgan

AlexMorgan Active Member

got a wool coat for business purposes during winter.
    I would like a winter jacket or coat that I will use on a every day, casual basis.
    Something that would go great with dark denim jeans.
    what do you guys recommend

5. akatsuki

akatsuki Well-Known Member

High quality suits are actually a pretty good buy from B&S here. Just figure out your size by measurements and what style looks good on you (strong or soft shoulder, etc)

6. Chacse

Chacse New Member

Im in quite a dilemma here, am looking for a casual smart outfit
    : oxford button down shirt
    : bowtie
    : slim dark indigo raw jeans
    : brown leather brogues
    Question is im not sure if jeans is the right choice here?? I do have chinos but am wondering if jeans would cut it??

Would appreciate any opinions out there, thanks!

7. Cleav

Cleav Well-Known Member

Depends on colours dude ^

I don't go for jeans but can see this working (colours) if you got a good unstructured SC

Maybe you don't want to wear a jacket though

8. j1000

j1000 Well-Known Member

Looking for a brown captoe boot that's sleeker than a work boot and can be worn in a casual or business casual setting. A less expensive version of the Alden jumper was what I was hoping for. Anybody have any suggestions?

9. StyleNovice6

StyleNovice6 Active Member

I have 2 quick newb questions I would appreciate some help with;

What is the ideal fabric for pocket squares? I'm assuming cotton? I received some 100% polyester cheap pocket squares that are... visibly very cheap. (no surprise)

Are slim fit chinos from Banana Republic any good? <-- (I assume they go on sale often) Are there alternative brands anyone would recommend?

10. ebong

ebong Active Member

Any suggestions for a cheaper alternative to this Alexander Wang jacket?
    [​IMG]

11. Ruffiio

Ruffiio Member

Should I tuck my jeans into my black Chelsea boots?
    Hey guys I'm new here and just wanted to get some opinions on whether I should tuck my jeans into my black Chelsea boots?

Here are the jeans; http://images.asos-media.com/inv/media/6/1/7/4/3114716/darkblue/image1xxl.jpg

And here are the boots; http://images.asos-media.com/inv/media/8/7/8/4/3414878/blackleather/image1xxl.jpg

I have been wearing it with my leather jacket and grey top. I went out in it today though and got some strange look of some guy really stared down my shoes as I walked past and I wasn't sure whether it was a good or bad stare. This is my first time ever owning a pair of Chelsea boots so i'm not sure if that looks good or not? The jeans are long in length for me and when I put my Chelsea boots on they naturally tuck themselves in automatically so I just left it like that.

The way i'm thinking is, i'm not dressing them with Chinos or anything or dressing fancy like going to an interview, so I might as well tuck them in right? Otherwise what was the point in spending my money on Chelsea boots only to cover them up so they result in looking like normal shoes rather than ankle boots?

12. Veremund

Veremund Well-Known Member

No, don't tuck your pants in.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2014
  13. konda

konda Well-Known Member

Not sure if serious posting the q or if troll...

14. Ruffiio

Ruffiio Member

Quote:Why? Is the style really that bad?

15. konda

konda Well-Known Member

Only this is worse.

[​IMG]

The forum has much to teach you, young Padawan.

16. RogerP

RogerP Well-Known Member

17. Ruffiio

Ruffiio Member

So people saying no what is the purpose of buying ankle boots if you're covering up the boot, essentially making it look like a dress shoe or something?

18. Ich_Dien

Ich_Dien Well-Known Member

The purpose is to protect your ankles from all manner of things.

19. konda

konda Well-Known Member

20. Ruffiio

Ruffiio Member

Alright, thanks for your advice guys. Sorry if I came off as annoying by the questioning. And for calling me a troll on my first thread, top bloke.