1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mfais, Jan 22, 2010.

1. xCrunchx

xCrunchx Well-Known Member

Does anyone recognize what season these are from? theyre helmut lang

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 12, 2013
  2. red81

red81 Well-Known Member

i'm kind of in the same boat as you. what i do is go to shopstyle.com, type in what i want (in your case: dot shirts) and examples with stockists come up. hope that helps.

3. Dirty Gurty

Dirty Gurty Well-Known Member

I'm from a pretty small town with no real shopping to speak of, best store being a Kohl's, haha. Needless to say I make 99.5% of my purchases online. I'm going to be in Herndon/Northern VA next week for work, anyone have any recommendations for can't miss shops/dining? Thanks!

4. ennui

ennui Well-Known Member

I have a couple of BoO sportcoats, and I am reliably a size 2. I normally take a 1 in their shirts.

5. Auburn

Auburn Well-Known Member

Does anyone know how MOMA's sizing runs?

6. t3hg0suazn

t3hg0suazn Well-Known Member

Tyson's corner has the most offerings (food and shopping-wise). There's an outlet in Leesburg but that's further away.

7. Benesyed

Benesyed Well-Known Member

If something has a stain and dry cleaning decreased the intensity and size, would another round decrease it further or is it like permanently stuck like that without any options left?

8. mHo2

mHo2 Member

Hi there, i'm looking at picking up a pair of Men's Katahdin Iron Works Engineer Boots from LL Bean.
    My (Brannock measured) shoe size is a 9.5 E+(Meaning a little larger than an E). Unfortunately they only offer widths EE and D in the bean boots I want.
    If I go 9.5EE will the extra width be a big issue? If it will be, what size should I go for, or are there another pair of recommended boots that would look similar but have a better fit for me? (I live in Canada, so something I could check out in a store would be best)

Thank you,
    - Mat

9. Caliax

Caliax New Member

Hey guys, I'm looking for shoe recommendations to pair with slim-straight jeans, v-neck plain white tee and leather jacket. I'm currently overhauling my shoe selection and own a nice pair of brown boots. However I don't want to wear the boots everyday because I don't want to wear them out too quickly. Prefer brick and mortar store, but will order online if necessary. Looking to spend less than $200. I'm 18, trying to go for a slightly more mature look.

10. Dr Huh?

Dr Huh? Well-Known Member

Thanks. I don't suppose I could simply size down?

11. Timbaland

Timbaland Well-Known Member

MOMAs run a size large. Size down 1. I still have room in the toe box after doing this but MOMA goes for the elongated toe look it appears.

I'm not sure. I couldn't size down from a medium to small as I'm 6'1" and a small would be too short. If it helps I can barely fit into a medium Gitman Vintage anymore and the Steven Alan size medium reverse seam shirts are definitely relaxed fit on me.

1 person likes this.
  12. InHocSignio

InHocSignio Well-Known Member

Question: How do people carry stuff around in a casual way when they have complex layers in their outfits? The style of bag I most carry, formerly ugly laptop bags but as I evolved better looking, leather messengers disrupt the V of the layer if I put it the way I'm most used to, across the shoulder, and trying to carry my messenger on one shoulder feels self-conscious and ridiculous. From pictures I think women solve this problem with purses and designer bags and dapper dudes in New York seem to solve it with briefcases and high-end duffles. Those also seem slightly ridiculous in a dressed down collegiate atmosphere to this grad student, where I barely get away with the stuff I wear in the first place. I've seen people with more slouchy streetwear looks wear backpacks and make it work, but my style is more tailored fit/hipster tailored fit than that. What should I be looking for so I can actually carry the crap I need around and still explore higher levels of style?

Last edited: Jan 12, 2013
  13. canstyleace

canstyleace Well-Known Member

How much stuff inside the bag are we talking about?
    When using the messenger across the body, does it rest on your hip?
    Theres several bags that have both a briefcase handle and adjustable across the body strap meaning more flexibility as how to carry it, also some smaller more briefcase looking bags work laying on your lower back, kinda cross between horizontal backpack and briefcase, i.e billykirk schoolboy satchel, also check out filson canvas 256 and similars,,, saddleback makes some nice yet rugged backpacks and briefcases too.
    Then theres some odder totes that also work depending on your particular style and wardrobe, stuff live helmet bags, oversized camp or tent bags, military carry bags... check out the wayw threads, lots of pics there.....

Last edited: Jan 13, 2013
  14. sandwitches

sandwitches Member

Any recommendations on light tan suede oxford bucks for around ~$150?

Edit: Nevermind. Got the JCrew suede bucks for $100 with STYLEFIND promo. Boo ya!

15. Kodiak

Kodiak Well-Known Member

What jeans should I be looking at to replace my 19cm and APC NC?

Both are torn to hell in the rear pockets and starting to rip in the crotch, figured I'd replace them instead of paying for repairs again.

I really LOVE the fit of my 19cm (especially the 37" inseam and slimness without being skinny), and the APC NC are alright, but slightly looser than I'd like in the thigh and not that long (I think 32-32" inseam on my size 25 (I'm an actual 28" waist)).

I'd definitely like raw, not sure if I want to go black or indigo this time though. (My 19cm are black, never really faded. My NC are indigo, faded decently.) Preferably under $300 though, ruling out another pair of 19cm.

16. blacksamurai30

blacksamurai30 Well-Known Member

Looking for two pairs of decent/good quality staple jeans to replace my Lev's 511's. Suggestions?

17. gotribe

gotribe Well-Known Member

18. AliMusa

AliMusa New Member

Where can I find cheap (around $10-$25 depending on the article of clothing) V/Crew Neck Sweaters & OCBD's? Also, what brands are the go to brands for these articles of clothing?

19. superego

superego Well-Known Member

not sure there's 'go-to' anything around the $10 price point. try american apparel on heavy discount or goodwill with your favorite lucky charm.

also, you should break up your cardboard box and go get a job.

20. Pilcrow

Pilcrow Active Member

People say to size down 1/2-1 size for Clarks DBs, does the same go for Wallabees? How far should I go down from sneakers?